Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

9 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

some leicester city fans, ****ing doom and gloom merchants

can imagine if they havent got enough milk for a brew its the end of the world

They have probably been put in this thread a few times but at the minute so many people just massively overreacting it's quite worrying to think how some cope with every day life. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

They have probably been put in this thread a few times but at the minute so many people just massively overreacting it's quite worrying to think how some cope with every day life. 

least it isnt just me, its incredibly worrying how they cope with everyday life

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

least it isnt just me, its incredibly worrying how they cope with everyday life

Think everyone is struggling to cope to a lesser or greater extent thanks to the diabolical state of the country, nationally and locally. We could all use a small dollop of hope for the future imo. 

• Like 4

Anyone else fed up with the attitude  of cashiers in banks that's if you can find one.Paid in 4 small cheques today and was asked what our the cheques for which was then followed by what do you want the money for when I withdrew £100 .

30 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Anyone else fed up with the attitude  of cashiers in banks that's if you can find one.Paid in 4 small cheques today and was asked what our the cheques for which was then followed by what do you want the money for when I withdrew £100 .

It's not the cashiers' fault, or anything to do with their attitude. They have to ask, because money laundering.

Obviously it's all a bit pointless, because not many money launderers are going to say 'yeah I'm laundering some drugs money' when asked these questions. But don't blame the cashiers.

1 hour ago, BertFill said:

It's not the cashiers' fault, or anything to do with their attitude. They have to ask, because money laundering.

Obviously it's all a bit pointless, because not many money launderers are going to say 'yeah I'm laundering some drugs money' when asked these questions. But don't blame the cashiers.

Maybe they should just ask if they're a Turkish barber.  :ph34r:

Edited by Parafox

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

I always use the self service pay in machine

11 hours ago, BertFill said:

Money Laundering I paid in 2 cheques for £12 1 for £20 and 1 for £50  and to ask what I wanted tne money for when it was £100 just insane

33 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I refuse to believe people are actually angry about the cross on the back of the England shirt. 

Another storm in a teacup from the likes of Julia HB. 

The price is the much bigger issue.

The price. What a rip off. Would have to be a bit of a mug to pay this even for the most ardent England fan. As for changing the flag. Although not a big issue in the scheme of things still annoying. 

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I refuse to believe people are actually angry about the cross on the back of the England shirt. 

On a slightly different note re flags, you often see the Union Jack in black and White. I've even seen this on police uniforms.

Why is this?

I know not all flags would lend themselves to monocrome versions, though many would - Stars & Stripes for example - but quite possibly we are the only ones that do this?

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

There was absolutely no reason to do it, if the justification is why does it matter, why do it its the first place?

Clever stunt from Nike as now they can oh-so-heroically own the gammons

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

On a slightly different note re flags, you often see the Union Jack in black and White. I've even seen this on police uniforms.

Why is this?

I know not all flags would lend themselves to monocrome versions, though many would - Stars & Stripes for example - but quite possibly we are the only ones that do this?

Jaguar car wheel caps :thumbup:

Center caps Union Jack - Jaguar-Shop.com

Guest leatherhead32

people  who swim butterfly in casual swim :P but to be fair its a free country and it is funny to watch blokes check their watches , look around for compliments , and make heavy breathing actions when done.  as i watch from the chunky monkey lane doing safe as houses breast stroke come doggy paddle, we love em.really lol

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

There was absolutely no reason to do it, if the justification is why does it matter, why do it its the first place?

Clever stunt from Nike as now they can oh-so-heroically own the gammons

"It upsets all the right people" etc etc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

This is quite naive. National symbols like flags are important to people. I assume you've travelled to other countries and observed this.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bovril said:

This is quite naive. National symbols like flags are important to people. I assume you've travelled to other countries and observed this.

They are damned important to people, yeah. Especially what they represent.

A rather large amount of warfare and associated death and suffering over the last few hundred years is testament to that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

6 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

The price. What a rip off. Would have to be a bit of a mug to pay this even for the most ardent England fan. As for changing the flag. Although not a big issue in the scheme of things still annoying. 

It seems to me and probably most sports fans that the price of replica shirts is a scam and must make millions for the clubs/national teams etc.

Personally, I can't understand the need to have the latest shirt in whatever colour or pattern or new collar. 

Chucking good money away IMO. Unless you believe you're financially supporting the club/team by spending your hard earned on what are TBH, inferior quality shirts. I accept that the club/team will make revenue from sales. Which is exactly why they change design every season or even during a season.

I doubt England plc are short of cash.

Would you go and buy the latest designer top when you already have a top by the same designer?

Sorry I just don't get it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Parafox said:

It seems to me and probably most sports fans that the price of replica shirts is a scam and must make millions for the clubs/national teams etc.

Personally, I can't understand the need to have the latest shirt in whatever colour or pattern or new collar. 

Chucking good money away IMO. Unless you believe you're financially supporting the club/team by spending your hard earned on what are TBH, inferior quality shirts. I accept that the club/team will make revenue from sales. Which is exactly why they change design every season or even during a season.

I doubt England plc are short of cash.

Would you go and buy the latest designer top when you already have a top by the same designer?

Sorry I just don't get it.

Probably best bet is if you really want a shirt is to buy a 60s or 70s classic type that will withstand fashion. Mind the price still

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

Probably best bet is if you really want a shirt is to buy a 60s or 70s classic type that will withstand fashion. Mind the price still

I think the 90's and early 00's ones are decent too.

25 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

They are damned important to people, yeah. Especially what they represent.

A rather large amount of warfare and associated death and suffering over the last few hundred years is testament to that.

Thankfully I think there's just enough legroom between 'I expect my flag to be faithfully represented on the shirt of my national team' and 'genocide'. 

• Like 2