Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This new trend (well, all season) of footballers wearing ripped socks. What's the thinking? 

I asked my daughter about this just the other day, apparently it's because their calf muscles don't fit comfortably inside the socks without the holes :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This new trend (well, all season) of footballers wearing ripped socks. What's the thinking? 

27 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I asked my daughter about this just the other day, apparently it's because their calf muscles don't fit comfortably inside the socks without the holes :rolleyes:

Couple years ago they reported the tight fit of football socks would give them cramp easier in their calves. So they cut holes to reduce the pressure on them.

Most also cut them off at the ankle to wear their "grippy" socks as well 

14 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Couple years ago they reported the tight fit of football socks would give them cramp easier in their calves. So they cut holes to reduce the pressure on them.

Most also cut them off at the ankle to wear their "grippy" socks as well 

Footballers that wear their socks up to their knees like school girls.  Perhaps, someone can also explain why some of them like Ben White feel the need to roll up one half of their shorts when defending a corner. Looks bizarre. 

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Footballers that wear their socks up to their knees like school girls.  Perhaps, someone can also explain why some of them like Ben White feel the need to roll up one half of their shorts when defending a corner. Looks bizarre. 

Maybe they're stressed by the prospect of having to defend the corner, and this result is that their 'bits' need to be slightly readjusted. 

11 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Radio stations doing goal compilations.

When you can just hear the commentator screaming and can’t see the goal, it’s just irritating.  

On a similar theme. When tv round up of games they insist on having a loud irritating music track as well as the commentary. Perhaps they think younger viewers will switch over without extra noise

7 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

I tried to figure this out then I realised you meant more the Britney Spears kind of sock wearing:

Britney Spears Embraces Authenticity and Empowerment in New Music Videos

I do wonder why footballers do this kind of thing, similarly hairstyles. Ridiculous

Giovanni Simeone. | Giovanni simeone, Ideas de corte de cabello, Simeone

xttxz1cp.png.171d17b19254ec79f307067a0365e318.png

17 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Radio stations doing goal compilations.

When you can just hear the commentator screaming and can’t see the goal, it’s just irritating.  

The Totally Football Show podcast do this as well, insisting on piping in TV/radio commentary clips before they talk about a match. Grates on me every time and gets the instant 30 sec skip on my podcast player.

Went to the Odeon cinema twice in last week. The wife isn’t a film fan so go on my own a lot.

Both times the rooms were barely a quarter full. 
Both times some wrong ‘un sat next to me when they had the choice of 3/4 of all the other seats. To make things worse yesterday said person spent an hour of the film munching nachos and slurping the biggest drink cup I’ve ever seen. (Yes I’m a miserable tw@t)

Films were Ghostbusters (disappointing)

Civil War (excellent)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Orange seat said:

Went to the Odeon cinema twice in last week. The wife isn’t a film fan so go on my own a lot.

Both times some wrong ‘un sat next to me when they had the choice of 3/4 of all the other seats. To make things worse yesterday said person spent an hour of the film munching nachos and slurping the biggest drink cup I’ve ever seen. (Yes I’m a miserable tw@t)

Civil War (excellent)

It isn’t being miserable to want to kill cinema goers who exhibit no social skills and make you want to commit death by popcorn. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Orange seat said:

Civil War (excellent)

Yes that does my head in, but I am very protective (anal in other words) about personal space.  I would have probably moved seats. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Orange seat said:

Civil War (excellent)

Have railed against my disdain for cinema's before. Went to see Argylle (4/10 very repetitive) in February, first time in four years I'd been and someone toddled in just as the film started with a two-year old.

Of course his attention span did not last a 15-rated film lasting two hours, so he was whining and moaning after around 45 minutes.

42 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

The ambiguity of the laughing emoji. I worry that people think I'm mocking them when I use it rather than simply finding what they wrote funny. 

Snap. I don't really use it unless it absolutely cannot be misunderstood.

I also wish we had a different emoji for when 'liking' something isn't really appropriate, but none of the others cover it too. Maybe like the FB caring one, or the heart. I can't think of a specific example off the top of my head, but countless times I'd like to react to a post but none of the current emojis seem to fit.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Snap. I don't really use it unless it absolutely cannot be misunderstood.

I also wish we had a different emoji for when 'liking' something isn't really appropriate, but none of the others cover it too. Maybe like the FB caring one, or the heart. I can't think of a specific example off the top of my head, but countless times I'd like to react to a post but none of the current emojis seem to fit.

An eye rolling one would cover 90% of posts, especially on the main forum on match day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LiberalFox said:

The ambiguity of the laughing emoji. I worry that people think I'm mocking them when I use it rather than simply finding what they wrote funny. 

Surely context is important?

If someone is making a serious (to them) point or expressing a firmly held belief and you post a laughing emoji, you are mocking.

If not, then perhaps reply to the post formally and not with an emoji alone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1