Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I've wondered if that why there has been so little national coverage?

Remember when that lady had slipped into a river whilst out with her dog, hundreds turned up to 'help'. Many of those had their own theories what had happened and where she could be found. Also, you had 'psychics' there who felt they could help and finally, loads of others there just so they could post selfies on Facebook and Instagram; 'Here's me, helping with the search'. :(

I assume its because there was no witness who saw the lady go into the river so it resulted in conjecture if indeed she drowned or was abducted etc. The little boy tragedy is different 

Breed specific dog legislation (XL bully ban).

If the Police enforced Section 3 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, then there would be no need to put countless numbers of well behaved, beautiful dogs down.

You may ask "why do I do that job?"...   well, I am starting to wonder.

10 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

People who leave the microwave door open and walk off. Lazy numpties

It lets the steams out, avoids condensation and early rust to the microwave itself. I speak as an experienced destroyed of microwaves in the past who is trying to learn from their mistakes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Breed specific dog legislation (XL bully ban).

If the Police enforced Section 3 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, then there would be no need to put countless numbers of well behaved, beautiful dogs down.

You may ask "why do I do that job?"...   well, I am starting to wonder.

Needs a..... "Dangerous owner act"

British Gas, joke of a company. We have been mis billed (if that’s a word) twice recently to the tune of £764, effectively doubling our outstanding bill!  This has gone on for months. They would like to pay us a £75 goodwill payment in acknowledgment .  That’s like me offering someone 10p in compensation.  

3 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

British Gas, joke of a company. We have been mis billed (if that’s a word) twice recently to the tune of £764, effectively doubling our outstanding bill!  This has gone on for months. They would like to pay us a £75 goodwill payment in acknowledgment .  That’s like me offering someone 10p in compensation.  

Stop your direct debit. That will get their full attention. Tell them you'll pay manually every month until it's sorted. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Stop your direct debit. That will get their full attention. Tell them you'll pay manually every month until it's sorted. 

Thing is we are leaving our property at the end of the month and are awaiting their re-billing.  We have only now heard back from them, because we complained to the ombudsman. We still owe them a fair bit, but only half of what they originally said.  Just think the £75 compo is a bit of a laugh for the difficulties involved in contacting them and trying to resolve it before we leave, plus their obscene profits of course. 😭

• Like 2

10 hours ago, westernpark said:

Still far too many XL bully dogs in the public domain.

Agreed. You just have to hope the owners have got exemptions and they've been checked properly. Hard to ever know though! 

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Agreed. You just have to hope the owners have got exemptions and they've been checked properly. Hard to ever know though! 

There was one off the lead this morning on western park, I feel like people are still taking risks with them.

On 04/03/2024 at 17:20, Silebyfox_89 said:

"Football in a library" chant is getting a bit tedious now.

A general rule of thumb for me is that the best chants are ones about your own players, and chants about the opposition club or fans are good and funny if they are spontaneous. Like you said they can be very tedious if they are rolled out at every away game. 

• Like 3

On 04/03/2024 at 17:20, Silebyfox_89 said:

"Football in a library" chant is getting a bit tedious now.

When has that ever troubled our fanbase? They are practically the only supporters in the country dim enough to still be plagiarising that stupid "we love you, we love you, we love you, And when you play we follow, we follow, we follow" chant. Unbelievable. 

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Fans who record penalties on their phones. Saw loads in the Man U end yesterday. Are they really going to watch that back? Just live in the moment.

I know. A lad I know went to the Wolves game yesterday and sent me a load of videos on whatsapp when he got back. I was like, yeah I already watched everything in HD pal.