Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I know. A lad I know went to the Wolves game yesterday and sent me a load of videos on whatsapp when he got back. I was like, yeah I already watched everything in HD pal. 

It's an 'I was there' brag. Doesn't make it any less annoying.

34 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

What really grinds my gears is how thick most people are. 

I used to consider myself to be of around average intelligence. I still do not think I am particularly intelligent, it's just that the vast majority of people are thick. 

I should not be in the 25th to 30th percentile, but I probably am. It's infuriating dealing with other people being consistently disappointing without being especially impressive yourself. 

Either I've somehow surrounded myself by a disproportionate volume of dense people, or intellect doesn't follow the normal distribution that logic would dictate.

Constant state of helplessness.

I agree. I sometimes despair at the dumb comments you get back during a conversation. Or you talk about a topic and then they ask a question that's already been answered because they just weren't listening properly. 

20 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Fans who record penalties on their phones. Saw loads in the Man U end yesterday. Are they really going to watch that back? Just live in the moment.

Ive responded about this before, but as its raised again ill assume its ok to reply again.

I video at concerts and football, Im now over 60 (just) and i dont remember all the football matches, concerts, comedy and theatre shows ive seen, but i do remember that Paul Gallagher penalty i recorded because when i flick through my slideshow it comes up.

If i can recomend people do one thing ....now that cameras and videos are ubiquitous....USE THEM... if you are lucky your life will be filled with amazing moments and many youll forget unless you have a reminder. ... oh and wear sunscreen :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I used to consider myself to be of around average intelligence. I still do not think I am particularly intelligent, it's just that the vast majority of people are thick. 

I should not be in the 25th to 30th percentile, but I probably am. It's infuriating dealing with other people being consistently disappointing without being especially impressive yourself. 

Either I've somehow surrounded myself by a disproportionate volume of dense people, or intellect doesn't follow the normal distribution that logic would dictate.

Reading through most of the threads on this forum makes me feel exactly the same. 

21 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Fans who record penalties on their phones. Saw loads in the Man U end yesterday. Are they really going to watch that back? Just live in the moment.

Recording firework displays has to be up there with numbskull behaviour 

Shite headlines e.g. "Leicester City boss Enzo Maresca sends Stephy Mavididi simple demand". Who sends someone a demand? Maybe a utility company.

I think he probably just asked him to do something, probably in person.

See also "sent three word message".

We used to be a country etc

• Like 1

Car insurance companies. 

I'm being quoted about £830 for the year which is absolutely ridiculous considering I've got a perfect record since starting driving 7 years ago. 

I was paying about £400 two years ago, I appreciate that stuff is happening in the world that is making things more expensive but I'm not really seeing the justification for it doubling in two years. 

Seems as if they're just making it up at this point. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Car insurance companies. 

I'm being quoted about £830 for the year which is absolutely ridiculous considering I've got a perfect record since starting driving 7 years ago. 

I was paying about £400 two years ago, I appreciate that stuff is happening in the world that is making things more expensive but I'm not really seeing the justification for it doubling in two years. 

Mine doubled last year even though I live in a remote rural and relatively crime-free area and I have over 20yrs of NCBs. 

If they do the same again next month I’m going to sack the car off. It’ll be a brilliant reason not to see relations and in-laws. 

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Car insurance companies. 

Is this just the same company or using a comparison site and the lowest offer is £830?

I don't think I've stayed with the same company for 2 consecutive years.

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

Is this just the same company or using a comparison site and the lowest offer is £830?

I don't think I've stayed with the same company for 2 consecutive years.

This is using comparison sites. I've stayed with the same company as it's the cheapest option. 

On 11/03/2024 at 09:34, Nod.E said:

If you're on this forum your IQ is at the very least in the top 50th percentile. Everybody jokes FT is full of thickos but the vast majority of posters can string a sentence together.

Stupid people can barely write coherently.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, westernpark said:

You joke but they have pulled stories off here before …

That'd be mine about the man with the trapped foreskin that we managed to release for him.

Or the guy on the railway line having a wank, that the train driver thought was a body.

Or was that Sunday Sport?