Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

12 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Group of "men" give 2 lesbian women a severe beating for refusing to kiss on a bus for their entertainment: 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/07/gay-couple-beaten-refusing-kiss-mens-entertainment-9854367/

I know there have always been isolated incidents of horrible violence, but I get the impression there's more hatred out there than there was 5 or 10 years ago.

Upsetting to hear of things like this. I hope the cvnts who did it are on CCTV and get banged up for this.

4 arrests made.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45763265

Such a horrible thing to do.

Now sentenced to life in prison, with a minimum of 12 years.

Don't get the attempted murder thing. Why is it a lesser charge because you failed? You commited the same crime, the victim just luckily survived.

48 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Does everyone here read The Guardian, apart from me? 

No. 

Only the ones who can understand big words. 

44 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think @Buce might do.

Just a wild guess :whistle:

I may have glanced at it once in an airport departure lounge. 

Altogether too right-wing for my taste. 

46 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I'm pretty sure that MattP, Strokes, Izzy, Wymeswold Fox, Dr. the Singh, Dangerous Tiger, Yorkie1999 and CountryFox all queue outside the newsagents from dawn to get their copies. 

For myself, I only get it on Saturday & largely out of habit - Sat. morning reading opinion pieces, sport, family section etc. Look at stuff from various publications online, including Guardian, for most news/analysis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'm pretty sure that MattP, Strokes, Izzy, Wymeswold Fox, Dr. the Singh, Dangerous Tiger, Yorkie1999 and CountryFox all queue outside the newsagents from dawn to get their copies. 

For myself, I only get it on Saturday & largely out of habit - Sat. morning reading opinion pieces, sport, family section etc. Look at stuff from various publications online, including Guardian, for most news/analysis.

I so rarely buy newspapers these days - don't really have time to read them but on a weekend now and again, I do, but then its Independent, Guardian and sometimes FT weekend. I used to read the International Herald and Tribune a fair bit as they employ technocratic opinion pieces so the people at the forefront of the issues are actually writing about things they know about with less of a paper ownership editorial slant.

Living in the sticks however, I'm 'lucky' to find a copy of the Observer under the the three thousand Daily Mail/Express damaged copies on the newsagent floor, (after the old white people have queued since 4am comparing poppy lapel badge sizes to find out how much the latest Diana memorial plate is discounted by, why Jeremy Corbyn has probably killed at least three Jews with his bare hands and applauded the Brighton Bombing by shaking hands with an Irish Politician whilst wearing a white poppy) and subsequently trashed the newspaper section of the shop like it was a food bank on black Friday.

I mainly read online content but its really so poor and reactionary across the board. Some young left leaning on-line journalism is absolutely disgraceful.

Not a big fan of the Guardians Editor and when I read the Telegraph these days its further to the right than the Guardian is left which is really saying something. I'd like to think the Times was a little more balanced than it is but Sport aside I find it pretty difficult to read.

There's not really a newspaper out there that I feel totally comfortable with - the media are largely responsible for depth of the chasm of the massive left right divide in the country, just jumping on every story with such biased venom. It's probably a lot to do with how more centrist politics is non-existent and we end up with farcical political representatives like JC and BJ.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, String fellow said:

I'm the metropolitan liberal elite, so I am duty bound to, obviously.

I was raised in a house where I only had access to the Daily Mail, The Sunday Times and occasionally the Daily Express, so when I first read the Guardian I was confused as to why it doesn't feel like being metaphorically punched in the face, over and over again, except perhaps when it's Owen Jones writing and I don't read his bits anyway

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/06/2019 at 10:00, Swan Lesta said:

Common practice. Hunts introduce Foxes to areas to hunt, always have. The idea that there is any argument to hunt in order to save livestock is nonsense and always has been.

Very true.

They do it cus they enjoy it and that's the only reason there has ever been.  They even used to import foxes for hunting from Scandanavia.  You could buy them at Spittalfields Market.  

Vermin!  (Not the foxes).

• Like 1