Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

• 2 weeks later...

Google are stopping the sale of their Google Glass, erm, glasses.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30831128

Hooray - common sense, decency and the importance of privacy prevail.

(There's still that thing called internet, though)

I believe they have stopped the 'test', and Glass has moved from their experimental division to being under the guy who develop 'Nest'. So, there is likely to be a new more consumer friendly iteration that will be mass produced.

I think the fact that famous innovators apple are still in the planning stages for their copy of Google glass suggests the tech is pretty crap so far. Apple could put a £900 price tag on a USB cable and their fans would buy them in droves, so if even they aren't willing to put a product to market then the glasses must be more shit than you can imagine.

Wearable have got a huge future but maybe not on the face just yet.

I think the fact that famous innovators apple are still in the planning stages for their copy of Google glass suggests the tech is pretty crap so far. Apple could put a £900 price tag on a USB cable and their fans would buy them in droves, so if even they aren't willing to put a product to market then the glasses must be more shit than you can imagine.

Wearable have got a huge future but maybe not on the face just yet.

Well Apple as a brand is all about the design.

And by the own admission of those that develop Google Glass, wearing it does not make you look stylish it makes you look a bit of a fool.

However good the technology is, if the average man on the street isn't going to use it then what's the point?

• 1 month later...

the dial on my shower has snapped thus i havent been able to turn it on.

been having baths instead and I love it. **** standing up while i give myself a rinse, i'll bask in hot bubbly water for an hour.

Another tip is to read a good book, but make sure to be careful not to drop it as even after a lengthy stint on a radiator it will never be the same.

Guest MattP

Another tip is to read a good book, but make sure to be careful not to drop it as even after a lengthy stint on a radiator it will never be the same.

I read a book a week, so a question like that won't catch me out.

When my Polish Mrs starts watching Coro and turns round and says "Can we get this on DVD? Like, from the beginning?"

"Course princess.....as long as you quit your job and start watching it for the rest of your life!