Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

I took the plunge the other day, I'd been with iPhones since the 3Gs but the earphone jack thing annoyed me as my car has an aux lead. I'm loving the S7 edge though, came in handy today as I was working but managed to stream the Leicester game on it with great picture. I'd never been able to find an illegal stream on an iPhone due to the flash player thing. The screen display is beautiful other than that, it's very similar. I rearranged my apps to how they were on my previous phone to make the transition smoother. Is there a 'find my phone' thing like with iPhones on it? 

Device Manager, it's a Google app. Download it if you haven't got it on your device.

You can find all your android devices.

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Device Manager, it's a Google app. Download it if you haven't got it on your device.

You can find all your android devices.

Thanks a lot mate, just done it now. 

21 minutes ago, Barky said:

Wanted to get a moto g4 but having tried it out in the shop its absolutely huge and thats put me right off. Thinking samsung galaxy a3 now.

If you've got average sized hands, the 5.5" phones feel normal after a week's use unless you really hate the size from the word go. After you're used to it, normal-sized phones feel like toys and you'll never go back!

55 minutes ago, Barky said:

Wanted to get a moto g4 but having tried it out in the shop its absolutely huge and thats put me right off. Thinking samsung galaxy a3 now.

32 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If you've got average sized hands, the 5.5" phones feel normal after a week's use unless you really hate the size from the word go. After you're used to it, normal-sized phones feel like toys and you'll never go back!

It's the same size as an IPhone 7plus, I believe.

It is big, but as JJJS says you get used to it in no time and only someone with really small hands would struggle.  Presumably they won't get much bigger than this, as although it fits easily in my pockets, it wouldn't have to grow so much for that to be problematic.

Also, you can now order the Moto G4 direct from Motorola with an actual wooden back cover.  My Missus has just bought a G4 Plus with one and I'm well jealous.

Obviously this is very important

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barky said:

There is a smaller Vanilla Android version. https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-play

If I was getting one, I'd get that.

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

There is a smaller Vanilla Android version. https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-play

If I was getting one, I'd get that.

I think the Play (smaller one) only comes with 1GB of RAM in this country, would be a fairly sluggish phone I'd have thought

38 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I think the Play (smaller one) only comes with 1GB of RAM in this country, would be a fairly sluggish phone I'd have thought

Yeah, a bit too much of a compromise.  I'd pay the extra £40 for a regular G4 myself, but obviously not everyone will want to spend that much

I'll have a look at the g4 play, cheers. Doesnt need to be superfast as long is does the basics and will last a couple of years.

Ive also been looking at Wileyfox phones, chinese made but british designed and cheap as chips. Plus they have a picture of a fox on them which is good for obvious reasons, except its orange instead of blue. Thought they are probably a bit too cheap and wont last though, and they use some other OS (cyanogen?) which I'm not sure about.

Edited by Barky

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It does have just 1GB RAM, but Google has improved how they manage RAM over the years. It certainly isn't high end, but for GBP129 it will do everything most people in that price bracket use phones for.

Talking of cheap phones:  I've been using a smart ultra 6 on payg for a few months now and, aside from relatively low static storage which might be problematic for others, I'm yet to find any reason to suspect I'd be better off with one of the big players.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Talking of cheap phones:  I've been using a smart ultra 6 on payg for a few months now and, aside from relatively low static storage which might be problematic for others, I'm yet to find any reason to suspect I'd be better off with one of the big players.

A colleague has one, it's an incredible phone for the money - £89 through Vodafone (+£10 top up) and performs just as well as my Moto G4 (£150)... think I opted for the wrong phone

The Smart Ultra 7 is £135 but most of the expert reviews say it really isn't an improvement over the 6

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I had an iPhone 5 in 2014 when they did the big update to iOS 8.0. 

The phone was never the same again after that, battery would say it had plenty of battery then it would just turn off and plenty of other things. 

Fair enough, I just want to get something cheap but which can use the internet when I'm bored at work.  Now considering an Oukitel C3 if anybody knows much about that one...

• 10 months later...

Got a pixel 2. All very good and enjoying it. Camera is the dogs and speed, memory and battery life are other plus points.

Only issue is the lack of a headphone jack and I can't seem to find the answers online. It seems adapters are flimsy and don't last, and I'm not paying over £100 for the Google buds.

Does anyone know whether the done thing is to just buy any other set of wireless headphones? If so any recommendations?

Hoping foxestalk can cut through the noise!

Edited by Nod.E

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Got a pixel 2. All very good and enjoying it. Camera is the dogs and speed, memory and battery life are other plus points.

Only issue is the lack of a headphone jack and I can't seem to find the answers online. It seems adapters are flimsy and don't last, and I'm not paying over £100 for the Google buds.

Does anyone know whether the done thing is to just buy any other set of wireless headphones? If so any recommendations?

Hoping foxestalk can cut through the noise!

Yeah just get a pair of wireless headphones, tbh as soon as I got a pair of wireless I questioned why anyone really sticks to wired and now I have a pair of the truly wireless B&O in ears, I wonder why anyone would have earphones with a neckband. But with recommendations, it really depends on budget and if you want in-ear, on-ear, or over-ear. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Yeah just get a pair of wireless headphones, tbh as soon as I got a pair of wireless I questioned why anyone really sticks to wired and now I have a pair of the truly wireless B&O in ears, I wonder why anyone would have earphones with a neckband. But with recommendations, it really depends on budget and if you want in-ear, on-ear, or over-ear. 

Got a s9+ today  so far it's good as expected and has a normal headphone jack.

The problem with wireless headphones is you got something else to  charge which is a slight pain. To each their own.  You can get those dongles though to use with wired headphones.

Edited by Jattdogg

14 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Jesus man you must REALLY like music.