Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

21 minutes ago, Buce said:

What's the battery life like on that?

Well there was nowt wrong with mine after two years but Apple offered a new one for £25 fitted so I did that in December. It’s now pretty much new again. I charge it every night but can use the mobile and internet and email for 4-5 hours a day and it still last through till evening charge.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Buce said:

What's the battery life like on that?

I think it's pretty good mate. A full charge usually lasts me all day although occasionally I have it on low battery/airplane mode. I mainly use it for calls and on wi-fi and don't use 4G data that much to be fair.

Must say I really like it and it's got a bigger screen which is good for my fading eyesight :)

Can't see the point in upgrading to an 8 or X or whatever the new one is yet...

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well there was nowt wrong with mine after two years but Apple offered a new one for £25 fitted so I did that in December. It’s now pretty much new again. I charge it every night but can use the mobile and internet and email for 4-5 hours a day and it still last through till evening charge.

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think it's pretty good mate. A full charge usually lasts me all day although occasionally I have it on low battery/airplane mode. I mainly use it for calls and on wi-fi and don't use 4G data that much to be fair.

Must say I really like it and it's got a bigger screen which is good for my fading eyesight :)

Can't see the point in upgrading to an 8 or X or whatever the new one is yet...

Thanks.

I'm still using a 5S but the battery is about fvcked; I need an upgrade but I hate the idea of paying for the latest thing when I can get a new 6S for less than a couple of hundred.

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Thanks.

I'm still using a 5S but the battery is about fvcked; I need an upgrade but I hate the idea of paying for the latest thing when I can get a new 6S for less than a couple of hundred.

My old man recently upgraded from a 5S to a 6S plus on my recommendation that it's a good phone. (he's also got shit eyesight and needs a bigger screen :D

He bought a 64MB one off e-bay for £199 in 'pristine' condition and it really was as good as new. 

Unless you need facial recognition and a 100 mega pixel camera or whatever on the latest one's, then the 6S plus does the job I reckon :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Thanks.

If the iPhone 5s is still in good nick Apple will replace the battery for about £35 quid.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

If the iPhone 5s is still in good nick Apple will replace the battery for about £35 quid.

Yeah, it's pristine.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

21 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah, it's pristine.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

They were accused of battery limitations last year and made the battery replacements available I think for 5s 6s & 7s on the cheap (£25) but do check the 5s thing on the website. When I had mine done they said the offer was ending at £25 but would go up only a small amount.... hopefully they are still honouring it but give it a look.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

They were accused of battery limitations last year and made the battery replacements available I think for 5s 6s & 7s on the cheap (£25) but do check the 5s thing on the website. When I had mine done they said the offer was ending at £25 but would go up only a small amount.... hopefully they are still honouring it but give it a look.

Would they do it at the Apple store while I wait or would I have to be without my phone for a while?

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Would they do it at the Apple store while I wait or would I have to be without my phone for a while?

If it’s a goer for the 5 it’ll take an hour or so but you’ll need to back up your phone beforehand and book with Apple store in advance.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

If it’s a goer for the 5 it’ll take an hour or so but you’ll need to back up your phone beforehand and book with Apple store in advance.

Unfortunately, if I'm reading it right, the offer only applies to 6 and upwards.

Nonetheless, it still appears to be considerably cheaper to replace the battery than buy a new phone.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Unfortunately, if I'm reading it right, the offer only applies to 6 and upwards.

Nonetheless, it still appears to be considerably cheaper to replace the battery than buy a new phone.

?

On 24/05/2019 at 16:14, Izzy said:

My old man recently upgraded from a 5S to a 6S plus on my recommendation that it's a good phone. (he's also got shit eyesight and needs a bigger screen :D

He bought a 64MB one off e-bay for £199 in 'pristine' condition and it really was as good as new. 

Unless you need facial recognition and a 100 mega pixel camera or whatever on the latest one's, then the 6S plus does the job I reckon :thumbup:

Be careful with eBay, bought my mum a 6s off eBay and it’s fine bought my Dad one this Christmas it looked brand new but the battery died within a few months, so he took it to the Apple store and despite being sold as new it didn’t have an Apple battery or screen and had a purchased date of 2017.

It was £50 for a new battery for those discussing battery replacements, that was a couple of weeks ago at Highcross Apple store.

Edited by Captain...
  • Thanks 1

On 24/05/2019 at 17:25, Jattdogg said:

I have 6gb data plan here in canada and thats considered alot these days. These companies charge anywhere from $60  a month if you are lucky to well over $100 for that. Thats 35£-60£+ a month.

Typically most plans start around 1gb of data and over $60. 

kinnell, that sounds criminal.

My plan here is 15 Gigs, unlimited calls text etc, only $25 Aus per month

53 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

kinnell, that sounds criminal.

You can gett deals during promotions or on BYOD plans but still usually nothing cheaper then $50 CAD when you have 1GB of data

Great place to live but white collar criminals!

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Has anyone got the Huawei P30.

Contemplating getting one on contract.

I don't have one but the P30 Pro is supposedly one of the very best phones money can buy but it is much more expensive than the standard P30. For around the same price as the P30 you can pick up the new OnePlus 7.  I have the OnePlus 6T (last years top OnePlus) and can't fault it.

For a little bit extra you could future proof yourself and get the OnePlus 7Pro (around £750 sim free) on an EE contract and you will be 5g ready.

If you are planning on replacing your phone every year, 5g won't matter that much this year, but if you are signing up for 2years+, then it'll be worth considering.

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

I don't have one but the P30 Pro is supposedly one of the very best phones money can buy but it is much more expensive than the standard P30. For around the same price as the P30 you can pick up the new OnePlus 7.  I have the OnePlus 6T (last years top OnePlus) and can't fault it.

For a little bit extra you could future proof yourself and get the OnePlus 7Pro (around £750 sim free) on an EE contract and you will be 5g ready.

If you are planning on replacing your phone every year, 5g won't matter that much this year, but if you are signing up for 2years+, then it'll be worth considering.

I’m due a new phone next month and am going away from I phones as the battery is a joke. I am thinking about the p39 pro but wasn’t there some issue with them and google? 

Also what is better p30 pro or s10?

I've got an s8, since a recent update my battery life is awful. I've gone through all the settings, set all apps to sleep when not in use, but nothing is making it any better. Still got six months on the contract as well. Always been with Samsung since the s2, thinking of changing when this runs out.

Mobile phones are quite a personal choice.  The S10+ and the P30 Pro are both solid performers.

The P30 has possibly the best camera available on any phone, but I'm pretty sure the S10+ has a 5g option, if that's important.  Then there's the whole Google vs Huawei spat which might cause problems in the future for Hauwei (the P30 Pro should be immune to these problems...for now, but future models may have to depart from Android)

Take yourself into a phone shop and have a play with both :thumbup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Has anyone got the Huawei P30.

Contemplating getting one on contract.

Not sure about over there, but isnt Google saying they wont guarantee updates and play store to Huawei?

On 28/05/2019 at 09:19, ozleicester said:

We have an 4g plan here that will give you 13GBs, unlimited calls to people who use the same telecommunication company and also a considerable amount of minutes for others who don't subscribe to the same company for the equivalent of less than £7. Problem is, because the currency is obviously lower than the pound, it's not really as cheap as it sounds. But nonetheless, it is not really criminally expensive.

Edited by the fox