Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

Iphones are poorly spec'd and are vastly overpriced, you would have to be stupid to buy one right now.

OP needs good Apple integration so to my mind needs an iPhone. Doesn't necessarily need the 5S or 5C though, if it were me I'd pick up a 4S or 5.

Iphones are poorly spec'd and are vastly overpriced, you would have to be stupid to buy one right now.

OP needs good Apple integration so to my mind needs an iPhone. Doesn't necessarily need the 5S or 5C though, if it were me I'd pick up a 4S or 5.

Or use android with doubleTwist, which is lighter than iTunes on the PC.

Or use an apple like iSyncr.

Android can play nicely with iTunes.

i wouldn't buy a 4s, i had one, upgraded to the newer ios and it blew the wifi chip up. Looked it up on the internet and tons of people have had the same thing happen. Apple deny there is a problem and 4s owners should have read the disclaimer about upgrading the ios before they did it plus they've been deleting complaints from their web support page.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5360064

Hi,

I am confused!!!!

My iphone 4s contract is up for renewal and I don't know what to do????

I don't want to be paying out any more than I am now but quite fancy an iPad mini (with retina display).....to do this I may have to put up with a very bad phone.

Does anyone know of any deals?

Cheers Guys!!!!!

Hi,

I am confused!!!!

My iphone 4s contract is up for renewal and I don't know what to do????

I don't want to be paying out any more than I am now but quite fancy an iPad mini (with retina display).....to do this I may have to put up with a very bad phone.

Does anyone know of any deals?

Cheers Guys!!!!!

If you aren't bothered about changing the phone and your 4s is working perfectly fine why don't you get a sim only deal. I've got a rolling 30 day contract £12.90 a month, 200 minutes, 5000 texts, unlimited Internet that's with Three.

Also Three do Ipad mini's on contracts, I haven't got one personally but I do know a couple of people that have.

Ive had loads of phones that I've chopped and changed over the years, HTC Desire, Galaxy S2, Xperia Play, Xperia Z, but the last phone I got 6 months ago is the only one that I've ever deemed as perfect and I probably wont change it until its totally shafted and broke.  Galaxy Note 2.  

Edited by kristianity77

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps someone can offer a tip. I currently have a Lumia 710 which is dying with a few months left on my contract, so I'm going to buy a sim-free phone and get sim-only contract once this has ended.

What are the best Android phones for the money? Don't really want to shell out much more than £200 for it. Oh and if it can run GTA San Andreas on max settings, that'd be a deal-clincher

I used to have Androids and fancied a change going Windows Phone. The lack of apps and games available is mind-blowing considering how popular the platform has become though, it's really quite bizarre

I have an iPhone 4, got it last year on contract cos my other one died. It's like £20 a month or something. If I wanted to get something else how would I go about it? Would I have to pay off the remainder of the contract cos that'd suck.

Quite fancy a Nokia Lumia, they look sexy.

Perhaps someone can offer a tip. I currently have a Lumia 710 which is dying with a few months left on my contract, so I'm going to buy a sim-free phone and get sim-only contract once this has ended.

What are the best Android phones for the money? Don't really want to shell out much more than £200 for it. Oh and if it can run GTA San Andreas on max settings, that'd be a deal-clincher

I used to have Androids and fancied a change going Windows Phone. The lack of apps and games available is mind-blowing considering how popular the platform has become though, it's really quite bizarre

Moto G is the best android under £200. I just bought one.

Other than that it's Nexus 5 (wife has one) or Moto X (don't have but great reviews).

Edited by BaltimoreBlue
  • Like 1

I have an iPhone 4, got it last year on contract cos my other one died. It's like £20 a month or something. If I wanted to get something else how would I go about it? Would I have to pay off the remainder of the contract cos that'd suck.

Quite fancy a Nokia Lumia, they look sexy.

If you are chopping in an iPhone for any Windows phone, it's worth doing a bit of research first - you might find a lot of the apps you like aren't available and WP is even more restrictive than IOS. It looks slick and runs well but it might not be what you're expecting

Moto G is the best android under £200. I just bought one.

Other than that it's Nexus 5 (wife has one) or Moto X (don't have but great reviews).

Cheers for the tip - I'd read up on the Moto G before and it's got a fantastic spec for the price

• Like 1

I'm on an iphone 5, and it does the job well enough. Quick, nice screen, decent camera and the usual mountain of Apps available.  I am out of contract but I will wait for the next iPhone which is rumoured to have 5.7 or 6 inch screen and other shit.  Cant be bothered changing to Android or whatnot. 

I'm on an iphone 5, and it does the job well enough. Quick, nice screen, decent camera and the usual mountain of Apps available.  I am out of contract but I will wait for the next iPhone which is rumoured to have 5.7 or 6 inch screen and other shit.  Cant be bothered changing to Android or whatnot. 

What is the obsession with making phones huge these days? I know it's obviously nice to have a big screen, but things like the Galaxy Note are absurd, I couldn't imagine walking around with that in my pocket. The current iPhone is a nice size, as opposed to the S4, G2, etc. but it sounds like Apple are going to be following suit as well. :/

I am a complete phone nerd so happy to help.

For the price the moto G cannot be beaten. If you must have specs then moto x or nexus 5.

If you must have iPhone then get an iPhone. I can't help you.

Why the Nexus over something like the LG G2? Prices are similar and the G2 seems to have better specs.

I am a complete phone nerd so happy to help.

For the price the moto G cannot be beaten. If you must have specs then moto x or nexus 5.

If you must have iPhone then get an iPhone. I can't help you.

Why the Nexus over something like the LG G2? Prices are similar and the G2 seems to have better specs.

Longer support cycle. The G2 will get one or two updates over the next year and a half. The Nexus will get all the android updates over the next few years.

Also, the nexus off contract will be much cheaper which is the best way to buy phones. Saves loads of money in the long run.