Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

29 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Any DIY guru's on here?

I'm shite at DIY and have no interest in it, but apparently the shower tiles need 're grouting' as the grouting is old and cracked and letting water through.

I'd usually get an expert in but I'm skint and the missus wants me to do it :rolleyes:

Anybody had experience of doing this and is it that difficult? Any top tips would be appreciated :thumbup:

I did it Muzzett ...   nuff said.     And this is the chap who drilled a hole to put a mirror up ...     over a socket.     Ouch !

7 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Any DIY guru's on here?

I'm shite at DIY and have no interest in it, but apparently the shower tiles need 're grouting' as the grouting is old and cracked and letting water through.

I'd usually get an expert in but I'm skint and the missus wants me to do it :rolleyes:

Anybody had experience of doing this and is it that difficult? Any top tips would be appreciated :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Strokes said:

Cheers mark I thought so, interesting.

8 hours ago, Mark said:

It's obvious what it going on here though isn't it lol

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

I guessed where you were going with this, so I checked as well.

What a dick.

If you are going to bring these things into class.. you have to share with everyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Strokes said:

Not difficult at all mate, time consuming as you will need to remove all the loose grout and probably take off a fair bit of the existing to get a decent base. Doing the grouting itself won't be the issue, getting the old stuff prepped to ensure a good job will be the challenge. @Webbo will probably make me look a twat here though.

Cheers mate :thumbup: It will probably take me ages so I'll block a few days out over Easter and fingers crossed I don't fvck it up too bad :fc:

9 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I did it Muzzett ...   nuff said.     And this is the chap who drilled a hole to put a mirror up ...     over a socket.     Ouch !

lol That gives me hope CF - cheers :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Ah, You Tube - obvs ;)

How on earth did we manage before You Tube? Thanks for this Buce. This guy is obviously an expert and makes it look easy lol 

I found another clip that shows how to remove the old stuff first. Looks messy and dusty but reckon I can give it a go :thumbup:

45 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Ah, You Tube - obvs ;)

How on earth did we manage before You Tube? Thanks for this Buce. This guy is obviously an expert and makes it look easy lol 

I found another clip that shows how to remove the old stuff first. Looks messy and dusty but reckon I can give it a go :thumbup:

No worries, mate.

We lost the instructions on how to set the timer on our boiler; the manufacturer couldn't help, but I found a walk-through on You Tube. Now it's my first port of call for anything like that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Buce said:

I guessed where you were going with this, so I checked as well.

What a dick.

I'm pretty sure I've figured out what's going on, I've PM'ed you to confirm my suspicions lol  

17 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Any DIY guru's on here?

Sharpe blade, or if you're brave and have a steady hand? Angle grinder with a thin blade. Very dusty though. Sometimes it's as quick to retile it. Good luck!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Sharpe blade, or if you're brave and have a steady hand? Angle grinder with a thin blade. Very dusty though. Sometimes it's as quick to retile it. Good luck!!

Cheers mate. I saw one dude on a YouTube clip using one of those electric blades to get the old grout out, but I'd probably slice my finger off with it so reckon I'll stick to the old fashioned way lol

20 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Any DIY guru's on here?

20 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I did it Muzzett ...   nuff said.    

I found a picture of your handiwork in Countryfolk Home & Garden, CF..

Redneck shower.jpg

• Like 2