Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

2 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Are they the ones who delivered pop to your house?.

I don't think so. When I was a kid and we got took out it was always a bottle of Hoyes with a straw.

I googled them earlier and the company is still going but I've not seen their pop for years.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Are there any pubs/clubs that still sell Hoyes pop?

28 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't think so. When I was a kid and we got took out it was always a bottle of Hoyes with a straw.

I googled them earlier and the company is still going but I've not seen their pop for years.

Mr Hoyes died in 2011:

http://www.family-announcements.co.uk/leicester/view/1867138/hoyes-thomas-ernest-tom

Or should that be popped his clogs..?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Has anyone used a chainsaw? I have a large conifer I need to get rid of. Can I do it myself? Is it easy to use?

I plan to hire one if it's a fairly easy thing to use.

Just keep your medkit nearby

23 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Has anyone used a chainsaw? I have a large conifer I need to get rid of. Can I do it myself? Is it easy to use?

This guy seemed to have no problem:

Chainsaw.jpg

58 minutes ago, Parafox said:

They're really not that difficult to use, particularly for what you are describing.  I did 3 weeks training at Brooksby College using nothing but chainsaw & felling trees.  I used to do it as part of my job, but I've lapsed in the past few years.  I'm nowhere near as experienced as some people I know. 

A sharp chain that isn't even moving can give you a nasty cut - never mind when it's shifting at 60mph.  They are fun to use but deadly.

I would watch a couple of youtube videos, see what you think?  They are fairly easy to use but they do require a little attention when in use.  They don't stay sharp forever & may need sharpening, the chain may become slack, chain oiler blocked?  These types of things are all easy to fix once you know how.  I'm just not sure what you can learn from a chap at HSS in a 5 minute hand over?  That's without going into the endless amounts of PPE & safety precautions.

Get yourself a decent bow saw & a good pair of loppers.  It will take a lot longer, but it's cheaper & you get to keep your legs where they are.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

As above.   You have to be so careful with these things ...    They can easily kick when you least expect it and ...   Bobs your one legged uncle.   Unless you are experienced or have someone experienced with you give it a miss.

• Like 3

Any DIY guru's on here?

I'm shite at DIY and have no interest in it, but apparently the shower tiles need 're grouting' as the grouting is old and cracked and letting water through.

I'd usually get an expert in but I'm skint and the missus wants me to do it :rolleyes:

Anybody had experience of doing this and is it that difficult? Any top tips would be appreciated :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Any DIY guru's on here?

I'm shite at DIY and have no interest in it, but apparently the shower tiles need 're grouting' as the grouting is old and cracked and letting water through.

I'd usually get an expert in but I'm skint and the missus wants me to do it :rolleyes:

Anybody had experience of doing this and is it that difficult? Any top tips would be appreciated :thumbup:

Not difficult at all mate, time consuming as you will need to remove all the loose grout and probably take off a fair bit of the existing to get a decent base. Doing the grouting itself won't be the issue, getting the old stuff prepped to ensure a good job will be the challenge. @Webbo will probably make me look a twat here though.