Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

What's the point in having an expiry date on my passport, if 6-9months before it expires most companies won't allow me to fly with it? 

I appreciate if it was weeks prior to the end there being an issue, but 6/9months? 

New post Brexit rules, I think. Now we're non EU. It's the country's entry rules rather than the rules of the holiday companies.

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Fruit & Nut is fine. 

Well it would’ve made more sense. 

I was in the garden with a book and a bag of minstrels, went into the house and came out to see a squirrel scurrying off with its gob rammed full of my sweets. 

Not happy, but equally don’t want to have to scrape an exploded squirrel off the lawn later. 

• Haha 1

I recently got a cool bag in order to keep beers cool whilst travelling. However snd this is going to probably sound very stupid, how do they work? Do I just put cold cans in and the material keeps them cool, or do I need to put those ice block things in?

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I recently got a cool bag in order to keep beers cool whilst travelling. However snd this is going to probably sound very stupid, how do they work? Do I just put cold cans in and the material keeps them cool, or do I need to put those ice block things in?

You need Ice packs, pick them up cheap from places like B&M or if your as lazy as me, ebay or Amazon. 

• Like 1

Is it reasonable to deduct the cost of labour and the materials ruined from the bill, if someone's done a very bad job for you and, it needs to be completely redone? 

We've had a single row of bricks and creasing tiles added to a wall but it's not straight, bricks missing from pillars and terribly finished. Builder mate has looked at pictures and agreed it's bad. 

We'll need to buy the materials again have have it all redone. And, also now pay for the removal of what has been done. 

We've got to be looking at £500 or £600 for redoing it and don't feel we should be paying for what's been done. 

My mum's even more elderly next door neighbour has apparently been bragging about the funeral she's paid for in advance.

One of the "extras" she's forked out for is to be embalmed. Burial's a bit unusual these days anyway, but I'm at a loss as to why someone would want this. Surely it only slows down the process of decay a bit? If you're dug up again after more than a few days you're still not likely to be looking your best.

Come on FT, what's so great about being embalmed?

29 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

My mum's even more elderly next door neighbour has apparently been bragging about the funeral she's paid for in advance.

One of the "extras" she's forked out for is to be embalmed. Burial's a bit unusual these days anyway, but I'm at a loss as to why someone would want this. Surely it only slows down the process of decay a bit? If you're dug up again after more than a few days you're still not likely to be looking your best.

Come on FT, what's so great about being embalmed?

I always thought it had to be done

58 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

No, definitely not. It's an unnecessary extra cost.

Might be worth it if you plan on lying in state with an open coffin though.

She's a very vain woman, I can't rule it out.

Most likely there was a list of cost options and she insisted on having them all.

Whenever they dig up a body on telly, even when they say that they're "remarkably well preserved" they still look like shite don't they? I can't believe anyone ever sees that and goes "that's for me"

• Like 1

I quite like the idea of being buried rather than cremated. With the latter you just evaporate into the air as smoke and dust, whereas with burial at least your body stays in tact (skeletally speaking) for several thousand years. And you are still physically "there" as it were under your gravestone. 

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

I quite like the idea of being buried rather than cremated. With the latter you just evaporate into the air as smoke and dust, whereas with burial at least your body stays in tact (skeletally speaking) for several thousand years. And you are still physically "there" as it were under your gravestone. 

19 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Is it reasonable to deduct the cost of labour and the materials ruined from the bill, if someone's done a very bad job for you and, it needs to be completely redone? 

We've had a single row of bricks and creasing tiles added to a wall but it's not straight, bricks missing from pillars and terribly finished. Builder mate has looked at pictures and agreed it's bad. 

We'll need to buy the materials again have have it all redone. And, also now pay for the removal of what has been done. 

We've got to be looking at £500 or £600 for redoing it and don't feel we should be paying for what's been done. 

I wouldn't be paying anything!  Invoice them for the materials they destroyed!

20 hours ago, The Bear said:

I reckon the real reason is you are hoping the 2523 equivalent of Dr. Alice Roberts will be handling your remains,

I know I would. :)