Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Anyone got any experience of a DPD delivery going missing?

I ordered a golf club, got notification that it was delivered to 'a shed/outbuilding'.

The picture attached shows that the idiot left it behind one of our bins by the side of the house, in full view of the street.

It wasn't even hidden as the club was taller than the bin.

Needless to say, when I got home this afternoon, it wasn't there.

Spoken to DPD and the retailer who are opening an investigation. 

I could just do without all the hassle.

It's worth the best part of £200 and can't be bothered with people thinking I'm trying to pull a fast one.

This would never happen with an Amazon delivery driver. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I ordered a golf club, got notification that it was delivered to 'a shed/outbuilding'.

The picture attached shows that the idiot left it behind one of our bins by the side of the house, in full view of the street.

It's worth the best part of £200 and can't be bothered with people thinking I'm trying to pull a fast one.

I feel your pain. It seems that you've had a below-par delivery service in your effort to get a below-par round of golf!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Spent a few months working at one of the DPD hubs at Hinckley earlier this year. Bit of a shambles tbh, can see why stuff goes missing with them.

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Your complaint needs to be with the company you purchased from, that's who you have the contact with. It's up to them to resolve the issue as they have the deal with DPD. 

Delivery drivers aren't as reliable as they used to be :D

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Have you got a Ring doorbell? If not, I’d recommend investing in one.

Always hated having expensive items delivered while I’m at work. Living on a main road just makes it worse as loads of people walk/drive by and see any parcels going into the

back garden. 

I can at least try and get the parcel somewhere remotely safe/hidden as I can speak to the driver and it makes the whole thing painless. Also you can see that they’ve not walked off with the item after saying it’s been left behind the bin. 

Guest BlueBrett

How can I figure out whether I am too cynical about politics and life in general?

Having started down this road it feels like it goes nowhere and to be honest I'm extremely confused.

Why does Facebook's ad algorithm suddenly think I'm obsessed with crab rangoon? So obsessed that I don't just eat crab rangoon but I also appreciate low effort memes about crab rangoon. 

I've honestly got no idea and I'm a little bit concerned. 

• Haha 1

On 19/08/2023 at 18:39, Danizen said:

Why does Facebook's ad algorithm suddenly think I'm obsessed with crab rangoon? So obsessed that I don't just eat crab rangoon but I also appreciate low effort memes about crab rangoon. 

This is mad, I’ve just watched a bloke on instagram make a Crab Rangoon. I’d never heard of a Rangoon before. Sounds like a slur. 

On 19/08/2023 at 18:39, Danizen said:

I keep getting stupid life hacks that I'm really not interested in. Some of the things they do to decent tools like a pair of perfectly fine pliers and grind the shit out of them and weld bits on to make some gadget to chip the edge of slate tiles or cutting a bloody bicycle chain down to make hinges :dunno:   things for all tasks exist and not very expensive at all and without going through all the trouble.

Like this shite 👇 

On 20/08/2023 at 20:46, SeCrEt FoX said:

I keep getting stupid life hacks that I'm really not interested in. Some of the things they do to decent tools like a pair of perfectly fine pliers and grind the shit out of them and weld bits on to make some gadget to chip the edge of slate tiles or cutting a bloody bicycle chain down to make hinges :dunno:   things for all tasks exist and not very expensive at all and without going through all the trouble.

Like this shite 👇 

Ooooo, nice try.

I click on that, then You Tubes algorithms will start bombarding me with more of the same.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Ooooo, nice try.

I click on that, then You Tubes algorithms will start bombarding me with more of the same.

Aaah 😂 didn't think of that. Wasn't intentional. Well that's it anyway don't watch it. Just take my word for it. 

58 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Aaah 😂 didn't think of that. Wasn't intentional. Well that's it anyway don't watch it. Just take my word for it. 

:)

Actually, I have seen some before. One showed how to make a circular saw using a couple of old CD's.

People in the comments were aghast, pointing out that if the disc breaks, you'll get the equivalent of lots of tiny shards of glass flying off everywhere at high speed.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

2 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

:)

Actually, I have seen some before. One showed how to make a circular saw using a couple of old CD's.

People in the comments were aghast, pointing out that if the disc breaks, you'll get the equivalent of lots of tiny shards of glass flying off everywhere at high speed.

Yes, I spend more time in the comments section reading others views on well, just why would you do that? 

so I have only just noticed no one used the capital I anymore with the small line  on the top and bottom. 

so when did that happen then? When did we stop doing that? Or it it just in America and I am out of touch? But I don’t see it on anyone’s posts at all. I feel like I  just lost about 20 years of memory! lol

1 hour ago, MPH said:

so I have only just noticed no one used the capital I anymore with the small line  on the top and bottom. 

so when did that happen then? When did we stop doing that? Or it it just in America and I am out of touch? But I don’t see it on anyone’s posts at all. I feel like I  just lost about 20 years of memory! lol

Modern keypads. 

If I'm writing it down I always use the capital I with the lines top and bottom. Particularly if it's part of a postcode. 

Edited by Parafox

Just now, Parafox said:

Modern keypads. 

If I'm writing it down I always use the capital I with the lines top and bottom. Particularly if it's part of a postcode.

im genuinely disturbed by its apparent disappearance!

• Haha 1