Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

16 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Perhaps we can all just find humour without it being offensive to someone else. That is all I am saying. 

reading this thread I am unsure if something that was said would be offensive to anyone , i mentioned in the pub yesterday that I dont think that i had ever had a conversation with a Fulham fan , then someone said I did not know him but he thought George Michael was a cottager

12 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

reading this thread I am unsure if something that was said would be offensive to anyone , i mentioned in the pub yesterday that I dont think that i had ever had a conversation with a Fulham fan , then someone said I did not know him but he thought George Michael was a cottager

He was famously caught cottaging and Fulham are ‘The Cottagers’… I think the joke works. 

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

They are on ITVx, presented by Hugh Woozencroft. No me neither lol

5 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Shine a light. Even more dire than I thought 

TalkSPORT presenter, ex BBC.

Do people still have landlines?

I've been resistant to getting rid of ours, but I've realised it's only ever called now by my in-laws when we ignore our mobiles and dodgy overseas scammers. Cannot remember the last time I dialed out on the house phone.

Going to renegotiate my phone package and thinking about binning this part off 

31 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've been resistant to getting rid of ours, but I've realised it's only ever called now by my in-laws when we ignore our mobiles and dodgy overseas scammers. Cannot remember the last time I dialed out on the house phone.

I do but only because it's an un-negotiable part of my Internet/phone package with Virgin. 

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I do but only because it's an un-negotiable part of my Internet/phone package with Virgin. 

Didn't realise this was a thing.

What I really want is Broadband, 2 mobile Sims and maybe Netflix for less than the standard price as I think it's a load of shit. All the providers can do this as far as I can tell, but I've got to actually speak to them, which feels simply cruel in 2023

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

We haven't had a landline for about 3 years.

Can't say I miss all the sales/nuisance calls one bit.

Always had a landline as part of our broadband package. We're a few months into not having unlimited anytime calls on our current deal and I miss being able to use a proper phone instead of a mobile for longer chats.

23 hours ago, The Bear said:

Mmmm, that should not be the case when your current deal ends.

As part of our negotiations with Virgin over reducing our bill 2 years ago, I asked to dump the phone part of the deal. Since then we have just BB. No phone, no TV.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Mmmm, that should not be the case when your current deal ends.

As part of our negotiations with Virgin over reducing our bill 2 years ago, I asked to dump the phone part of the deal. Since then we have just BB. No phone, no TV.

When we took out our virgin contract in May 2021, we had the option of not having a landline and calls, that option was more expensive than having one. 

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

When we took out our virgin contract in May 2021, we had the option of not having a landline and calls, that option was more expensive than having one. 

You may find that has now changed. ISPs are having to adapt now more providers are available, with many offering competitive BB only deals

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oakman said:

In true Foxestalk spirit I’m asking you before going on Google - any idea why a few of my radiators are coming on when I’ve got my central heating turned off?

Are the rads that are coming on upstairs? If so, and you have an older type system that has a hot water cylinder, your zone control valve could be faulty. This would mean that heated water from you boiler is not just going to your cylinder, but 'leaking' into the radiator pipework, especially, though not exclusively, upper ones.

• Thanks 1

On 10/05/2023 at 18:56, Bellend Sebastian said:

We have a number, we don’t have an actual phone. Which is ace because I give that number to anyone I never want to talk to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are sites for train tickets that are cheaper than others? I’m looking to book down to London from anywhere near Ashby, so Tamworth or Leicester etc. The prices are a joke it’s about £60 return, yet I’ve booked a return to Amsterdam on the Eurostar for £100! 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Does anyone know if there are sites for train tickets that are cheaper than others? I’m looking to book down to London from anywhere near Ashby, so Tamworth or Leicester etc. The prices are a joke it’s about £60 return, yet I’ve booked a return to Amsterdam on the Eurostar for £100! 

You could possibly do it cheaper if you're not in a rush and take a weird route, making a few changes.

I think there's a website called something like split my fare?

But rail travel costs are extortionate, especially if you're travelling to or from a big city.

The poor things deserve a payrise though :whistle:

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

https://www.splitmyfare.co.uk/

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

You could possibly do it cheaper if you're not in a rush and take a weird route, making a few changes.

I think there's a website called something like split my fare?

But rail travel costs are extortionate, especially if you're travelling to or from a big city.

The poor things deserve a payrise though :whistle:

11 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Thanks both, managed to get a return for £32 which for a weekend is very good!

• Like 1