Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Nobody with a working brain that's for sure. £90-odd million in the bank and three-quarters of a top 8 side still there, you'd have had to be a moron to genuinely think they'd be relegation candidates.

Koeman has taken them from 8th to 7th, not really earth-shattering.

Go back and look at where people were expecting them to be at this point in the season. Nobody thought they would be anywhere near a European spot.

Sun on Sunday match reporter,at kp yesterday! Paraphrase " hodgson surprise visitor to kp,prob run the rule over clyne and Bertrand!wot he witnessed was a Southampton side torn to shreds"! Isn't it refreshing to see a journo ,write a report convincing you that he was at the same game as you!!!

A lot of people have taken note to how we are playing, we have flair and score goals everyone likes that

Go back and look at where people were expecting them to be at this point in the season. Nobody thought they would be anywhere near a European spot.

Yes, go back and look.  You will see a lot of brainless pundits and fans alike commenting on the players sold and concluding that they cannot possibly cope without them.  You will also see people, myself included, trying to dispel this frankly retarded notion by pointing out who they still had and who they'd brought in.  It seemed obvious they wouldn't be as much of a force as they were last season, but anyone predicting them to finish below mid-table was being incredibly blinkered and had posters telling them as much.

Yes, go back and look. You will see a lot of brainless pundits and fans alike commenting on the players sold and concluding that they cannot possibly cope without them. You will also see people, myself included, trying to dispel this frankly retarded notion by pointing out who they still had and who they'd brought in. It seemed obvious they wouldn't be as much of a force as they were last season, but anyone predicting them to finish below mid-table was being incredibly blinkered and had posters telling them as much.

I'm not saying they were going to be relegated or anything just that he exceeded expectations. Nobody else really did imo. I also don't think he should win it, but if monks name is in the hat so should his

According to Sunday supplement Pearson shouldn't be considered for manager of the year as he's "spent lots of money".

To be honest Kramaric (9.5million) has not had a huge amount of game time either,I'm sure someone could work out the average minutes over a season but you can virtually take that off.

To be honest Kramaric (9.5million) has not had a huge amount of game time either,I'm sure someone could work out the average minutes over a season but you can virtually take that off.

£6.7m according a few of your more reputable papers.

According to Sunday supplement Pearson shouldn't be considered for manager of the year as he's "spent lots of money".

What a load of bollocks. If Redknapp had kept QPR up by one goal they'd be claiming he should be knighted or "proves his quality" or some such crap.

As it happens I don't think the MOTY should be one who just keeps a team up and yes, he's spent money but virtually all clubs have. Spending money doesn't equate to success as we so painfully know.

I don't see how anyone can really argue that Pearson isn't a worthy winner of Manager of the Month. if Mourinho wins all four this month he'll surely receive it.

anyone see MOTD2 Extra? Huge praise from Lennon. One clown who text in saying something along the lines of "if only Nigel Pearson had the same professionalism as Sean Dyche"  got truly put down. John Murray calling Vardy one of the best players in the Prem right now and there was high praise for the club itself which I believe was hugely warranted as they've been brilliant with us recently. Only shame was that there wasn't a real direct bit of praise for us having the best atmosphere in England right now, but apart from that it was very nice.

anyone see MOTD2 Extra? Huge praise from Lennon. One clown who text in saying something along the lines of "if only Nigel Pearson had the same professionalism as Sean Dyche"  got truly put down. John Murray calling Vardy one of the best players in the Prem right now and there was high praise for the club itself which I believe was hugely warranted as they've been brilliant with us recently. Only shame was that there wasn't a real direct bit of praise for us having the best atmosphere in England right now, but apart from that it was very nice.

Yeah all very good. Murray didn't seem a fan of the clappers though so that'll be why they didn't big up the atmosphere too much.

Guest ttfn

Amy Lawrence is great - she's one of the best journalists out there. Certainly compares favourably to Alyson Rudd who is the other leading female football journalist.

Amy Lawrence is great - she's one of the best journalists out there. Certainly compares favourably to Alyson Rudd who is the other leading female football journalist.

Alyson Rudd is so boring its unreal. And she looks like she's constantly wearing an invisible neck brace.

Guest ttfn

Alyson Rudd is so boring its unreal. And she looks like she's constantly wearing an invisible neck brace.

I mainly dislike her constant descriptions of things as "beautiful" as if she's trying to shove the fact that she is a tender-hearted woman down everybody's throats.

Forgot to mention this until now but I met a few Chelsea fans yesterday at the Counting house who had managed to get tickets for our game just because they were really impressed with us and our atmosphere when we played them. How mad is that? They were from London too so not like they were local

Forgot to mention this until now but I met a few Chelsea fans yesterday at the Counting house who had managed to get tickets for our game just because they were really impressed with us and our atmosphere when we played them. How mad is that? They were from London too so not like they were local

That is brilliant lol