Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Stuart @lowerrous 5h5 hours ago

@OfficialFOXES happy anniversary, hope tha pain eases one day #deeneyday #watfordfc

It's everyone's favourite time of the year again.. Deeneyday! Some day we'll feel as good as Watford did when they won a play off semi-final guys. That day will come!

Would any lurkers like us to let them know what winning the league feels like?

• Like 1

Its also 5 years since Kermogant missed that penalty for us against Cardiff. that was equally heartbreaking being so close to Wembley. Cardiff went onto the final and failed in promotion. Do we see Cardiff fans mentioning it. No, because it ultimately meant absolutely nothing.

The fact that Watford are even more tinpot than Cardiff is embarrassing.

Edited by kingcarr21

That article is hilarious. A particular highlight for me was 'There's part of you that suspects Pearson was secretly delighted to be attacked by a pack of wild dogs. There's part of you that suspects he went on holiday with that express intention.'

• Like 1

Haven't they got promoted since then?

They even managed to fvck that up, they even had a pitch invasion to celebrate losing the title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j95IEq6VxRI

You lost the title, you fvcking bellends, who celebrates throwing away the league?

Edit: Not just throwing away the league, but also it would have been their most prestigious title.

I know promotion to the premier league is important, but I would be pissed off if we threw away the title like that.

Edited by Captain...

After seeing how we have struggled to come to terms with the premier league,  how qpr and burnley have really struggled, and then considering how all three teams were miles ahead of everyone else last year, i think both bournemouth and watford are nailed on for the bottom two. 

After seeing how we have struggled to come to terms with the premier league,  how qpr and burnley have really struggled, and then considering how all three teams were miles ahead of everyone else last year, i think both bournemouth and watford are nailed on for the bottom two. 

I was just thinking the same, and depending on who wins the "tinpot" playoffs could potentially be a full house at the bottom!

Anyone think Direby's record is going to be beaten!

Do not underestimate the power of a Russian billionaire, or Udinese B

Yup, they'll be among the favourites for the drop, as we will be - depending on our summer recruitment, should we stay up

But Bournemouth's manager & their style could see them do just fine... If they don't fold like a pack of cards like we did after the Burnley (H) game

Watford will see investment & they've a better class pool of players to draw on they they had in the Championship

Surely Villa, Newcastle, West Brom won't be as bad again either. Shaping up to be tough next season, if we're still here

Edited by cc_star

Do not underestimate the power of a Russian billionaire, or Udinese B

Yup, they'll be among the favourites for the drop, as we will be - depending on our summer recruitment, should we stay up

But Bournemouth's manager & their style could see them do just fine... If they don't fold like a pack of cards like we did after the Burnley (H) game

Watford will see investment & they've a better class pool of players to draw on they they had in the Championship

Surely Villa, Newcastle, West Brom won't be as bad again either. Shaping up to be tough next season, if we're still here

Spending money will worry any decent owner though, depending on what happens to QPR  and any FFP fine etc will define what they do.

Burnley didnt spend because they wanted to stabilise the club and be responsible, look where that got them. QPR did the opposite, they didnt do any better! Go figure!

Edited by philce

It depends how many Udinese stars they "buy" in the summer, their owners will know that staying in the premier league is a lot more lucrative than winning Serie A (which Udinese will never do), especially with how the TV money (less than half the prem amount) is divided in Serie A, heavily weighted towards bigger clubs from bigger cities and not like the premier league which is dependent on number of TV games and position. 

Their owners will put all their resources into keeping Watford up, that is a guarantee, whether they will be successful or not I don't know, but expect them to bring in a lot of players.

Almost crying with laughter at this:

"Just so we're clear, Pearson seems to be showing off about being physically capable of putting his head some sand if he had to. In terms of brags, it's up there with Chris Finch from The Office claiming he can throw a shoe over a building."

origianlly "finchy" was on about how he threw a kettle over a pub...a far larger feat!