Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Did you ignore the bit where I said ignoring wages?

Boyd = 3, juke = 2, pretty sure they paid upwards of a mill for both the other two. That's about 7. Didn't we pay that for ulloa? Sounds roughly the same to me.

What point are you trying to make and why do you think it's a good one?

It has actually been a city since 1992. Maybe you were joking about that ?

Yes I'm aware it's now a city, I've actually spent time there and watched them a couple of times at the old Roker Park, fans are alright actually hence the joke comment in brackets.

Dont care whos bigger I'd much rather be better. We are and I hope we show that next week.

Precisely. Leeds and Sheff Weds. are technically "bigger" than us, as are Forest if a few titles back when we as a race were still oozing out of a primordial swamp count. I still know who I'd rather be right now though.

Are they going to use their "size" as their comforter when they're losing to MK Dons, Rotherham et. al next year?

Edited by bluesbrothers

I'm not sure why Sunderland fans see themselves as some kind of giant. They've won nothing for over 40 years, are in or around the relegation places every year and regularly have vast swathes of empty seats on match day.

I'm not going to be so disrespectful as to call them a minnow as they seem content to with us, but they're not exactly a club you'll eagerly look for in the fixture list unless you're a Geordie.

What point are you trying to make and why do you think it's a good one?

That Sean dyche has convinced the whole of Burnley an most of the world that they've not spent a penny and we've nearly matched man city's spending yet actually, when you look at summer recruitment we have probably spent a few mill more than them at most. A few mill they could easily have stretched too if they weren't such benders.

• Like 2

That Sean dyche has convinced the whole of Burnley an most of the world that they've not spent a penny and we've nearly matched man city's spending yet actually, when you look at summer recruitment we have probably spent a few mill more than them at most. A few mill they could easily have stretched too if they weren't such benders.

They couldn't do that though. What would he have blamed their inevitable relegation on?

Alastair Campbell tweeted Pearson should be manager of the season (as well as Jose) though me thinks it's a little tongue in cheek!

he came out with so much anti-lcfc in his book. sod off back to whippet-land 

Playing the underdog card for the upcoming Championship season already.

Top smart lad, that Sean Dyche.

You could have gotten six Riyads for what they paid for Boyd.

Probably on smaller wages too.

Burnley lmao. Joke of a club. Joke of a manager. Fvcking cvnts. Them being relegated whilst still saving us is genuinely the best thing ever.

Fairly certain the North East lives in its own little bubble, separate from reality. The guy claiming late winners are luck abuses that word more than Alanis Morrisette does with ironic, and they've got a serious pot kettle case claiming we've got delusions of grandeur, when they're a yo-yo team as much as we are - slightly better last decade than us but nowhere near a bigger club; on the level really. Frankly, I hope we smash them, Hull sneak a win and Newcastle draw, effectively sending them down.

Edited by The Doctor

Guest ttfn

Hope Middlesboro' replace them in the Prem

I can't imagine Boro being such total melts.

"Walkers are shit, mccoys shit all over them.

Take that."

And who make McCoys...KP...and where are they based...Ashby-de-la Zouch...which is where...you guessed it... Leicestershire la la la...Leicestershire la la la
Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 3

People go on and on about players fees,,and even their wages!!! But what lot the anti Leicester/Pearson cynics,forget/choose to forget/ or never even considered,/ is that pearson,when looking bring players in ,not only assess their football strengths/weakness,but wot type character,personality they are,!are they hungry still?.will they complement ,what we already have in squad,, and on match day ,will they have the " in the trenches" when things not going well on pitch to help other 10!, so going on this season,!I'd say ,a resounding YES! To start season well then slip to bottom off the table,!!but never being hammered,nor under the cosh ,for entire games ,and shocking refs!!the towel would and as in past been thru in ,by other prem sides in that situation!!!, win 4 on spin , 6 out off 7, countless clean sheets!! Comes from a strong willed and minded group off players that have " stayed together thru mths on the bottom,getting the rewardscbeyond theirs and fans wildiest dreams now!and a lot off all that is something you cannot "BUY"!!!

Jeff starling "whats happened to turn Leicester city into Barcelona lately "

Must say how some pundits who wrote us off how some things have changed,but sterlings comment on sky yesterday what has turned Leicester City into Barcelona recently now that is a comment and a half and even to be a likened to the great Barcelona only if Tounge in cheek !! ;)

So far this season who has made you smile by their comment or made your blood boil with their comments ?

Edited by davieG

Jeff starling "whats happened to turn Leicester city into Barcelona lately "

Must say how some pundits who wrote us off how some things have changed,but sterlings comment on sky yesterday what has turned Leicester City into Barcelona recently now that is a comment and a half and even to be a likened to the great Barcelona only if Tounge in cheek !! ;)

So far this season who has made you smile by their comment or made your blood boil with their comments ?

Sunderland fans have hopped onto that quote now - just check their forum(s) and you'll see it's now as if we as fans share Stelling's opinion verbatim! lol