Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Andy Hinchcliffe - watch this and then tell me Derby were the best side in the league last year?

Anybody have a download link for this? The one I originally downloaded immediately after the match is long gone Edited by benpicko

Anybody have a download link for this? The one I originally downloaded immediately after the match is long gone

I've got it somewhere on my computer along with the 0-3 at Watford! Can try to compress it and send it to you if you like mate? Send me a PM if you're interested

Anybody have a download link for this? The one I originally downloaded immediately after the match is long gone

I've got it somewhere on my computer along with the 0-3 at Watford! Can try to compress it and send it to you if you like mate? Send me a PM if you're interested

YouTube Downloader... there's loads, avoid malware sites though

YouTube Downloader... there's loads, avoid malware sites though

I'm not sure if he means the whole match in decent quality or just highlights. If you just want to download stuff off YouTube I'd use AntDownloader on Firefox

The only game I've got in full is ManU home and even thats got Dutch commentary so its not perfect. I have no idea where you could find a database or library of full games but its odd it seems there isnt one out there somewhere on the internet

I'm not sure if he means the whole match in decent quality or just highlights. If you just want to download stuff off YouTube I'd use AntDownloader on Firefox

The only game I've got in full is ManU home and even thats got Dutch commentary so its not perfect. I have no idea where you could find a database or library of full games but its odd it seems there isnt one out there somewhere on the internet

If you're looking for the full Leicester v Man U match with English commentary, then I think that is still available on livefootballvideo.com

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s37.htm?38,15215180

Burnley fans on Nigel Pearson being sacked and managing them next season (and us wanting Dyche):

Developments at Leicester could be interesting, if they do manage to stay up I reckon Pearson could be for the high jump, SD would fit the bill there.

Theres no way I would ever like to see Pearson at Turf Moor. The mans a cretin and a bully. If Dyche went, in terms of character, it would be like going from the sublime to the ridiculous!

I would think that's the concensus of most Burnley fans morty, don't know about a cretin but he may well be a bully. Couldn't care less myself, all that nonsense just passes me by, and I just want a manager who can turn out a winning football team, and Pearson can do that.

Look at many of the top managers, they could all do a bit of bullying when it suited them, Fergie, Mourinho, Clough, Revie, Ramsey, Shankly, Big Sam, Pardew none of them people you want to get the wrong side of, there aren't many 'gentlemen' in football, just one or two.

Why would we even entertain the idea of replacing a successful Championship winning manager who can build teams that want to play for him with a ginger twat who can only make sure everyone knows that any on-field success is entirely down to him and not his rubbish players?  Good one.  I still remember how he spoke to the media after gaining promotion and only thought to praise the players as a brief aside after going on about the challenges he'd personally overcome.

I had pretty much switched off after Saturday but I have just re-energised myself by buying a ticket, amazing how having a ticket in your hand turns you from half-empty to half-full in the time it takes you to say t-h-i-r-t-y-f-i-v-e-p-o-u-n-d-s. 

I'm not on the beach yet and I don't expect the players to be either. Entertaining draw for me, 2-2 or 3-3; I can't see a clean sheet all the time we refuse to play our best back 4, but I think we can score plenty* against a desperate team with an anxious home crowd on their backs. 

COYRs!

* That'll be the Spurs Pelle and not the Sunderland Pelle then.

So they don't have sky or BT in Sotton then.

Had he watched our last 2 games with the volume turned up he would not have put that lol lol lol lol

• Like 1

PUBLISHED

14:00 6th May 2015

by Simon Williams

Kelvin Davis says he has a long standing appreciation for Nigel Pearson, which stems from the Leicester manager’s time at St Mary’s in 2008.

You can see that he’s a good leader, very well organised with good staff around him"

Kelvin Davis

Pearson steadied the ship at Southampton towards the end of the 2007/08 season, helping the club to stave off relegation down to League 1, and Davis remains thankful for the job that the former Saints boss did, not only for the team, but personally too.

“For me, what stood out when he came here is that he was on his own and took control of the whole club, the whole squad, and managed to keep us up,” recalled the club skipper.

Pearson taking the team's training at Staplewood

“There was an opportunity at the time to keep him here and we didn’t, and I’ve always said that he was a fantastic manager for us. You can see that he’s a good leader, very well organised with good staff around him.

“The time here made him stronger and we went on to achieve in a difficult time, but his remit in coming here was to help keep us up, and it’s a shame we didn’t see more of him.

“It’s no surprise that he’s gone to Leicester and done the work that he’s done there, looking as though he’s turned it around at that club.”

Davis suffered a finger injury towards the end of the aforementioned survival season, with Pearson acting swiftly to bring in fellow goalkeeper Richard Wright on loan from West Ham United, which Davis highlights as a decisive move by the manager.

“He was very personable which is a great trait, and in the position we were in, he took control of the situation around the club,” said the ‘keeper. 

“We had our own job to do, but anyone who played under him at that time will tell you that they wanted to do well.

“I remember catching my little finger in my shorts and then punched the ball so I broke that finger and it put me out for a few weeks, so it was a situation where we brought Richard Wright in on loan and he did very well for us.

Richard Wright came in on loan during Pearson's tenure as Saints boss

“I think I was back fit with two or three games to go and he pulled me into the offices to say that we’ve got Wrighty here, and we don’t want to take any chances. He didn’t have to talk to me or explain the situation, but I’ll always remember that he did.”

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150506-kelvin-davis-on-nigel-pearson-pre-leicester-city-home-2442925.aspx#PCFya4Q80080UrZu.99

• Like 2

Start on us from about 18 minutes-informed chat from the three guys, where we went wrong, turned round, Huth and EC, followed by the merits of stand-based management, concluding with them all predicting we'll stay up because "Sunderland, Newcastle lack team spirit and QPR, Burnley lack quality." Nice...

Start on us from about 18 minutes-informed chat from the three guys, where we went wrong, turned round, Huth and EC, followed by the merits of stand-based management, concluding with them all predicting we'll stay up because "Sunderland, Newcastle lack team spirit and QPR, Burnley lack quality." Nice...

Thanks for the feedback nice to know what i'm missing.

Tbh as optimistic as I am going in to the run in, and I am, it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could make an absolute pigs ear of things.

Indeed. It would make it worse now if we went down.

Its the hope that kills you and all that.

Andrew Fowler a so called expert of the Chroniclelive.com has predicted Leicester to lose to Southampton,Sunderland and QPR

Chroniclelive.co.uk