Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

This is massively significant....

"Leicester’s recruitment has been one of the big success stories of the past three years and huge credit must go to Steve Walsh, the assistant manager, his scouting team and the analysts. Walsh has been pivotal in some of the shrewder signings, including Riyad Mahrez (£350,000 from Le Havre), Jamie Vardy (£1 million from Fleetwood), and Esteban Cambiasso (free). Mahrez, in particular, has made an electrifying start to the season and represents one of the bargains of the decade.

Once Walsh has identified the player, director of football Jon Rudkin will negotiate with club and agent to secure a deal."

lmao the last post 'then their diction needs some work'

They are from Stoke. Having unfortunately got family there I feel as though I can say it's the worst accent in the UK. Like a brummie-scouse crossbreed. Utterly rancid.

"Leicester's support have had their collective brain fried by the fact that nobody really hates them"

"Are you Vale in disguise"  :frusty:

Don't know about you lot but I take immense (and rather childish) satisfaction from saying "and where are derby/florist/villa/cov/etc int he table?  Coz I don't look that far down".

Oooh to have a big rivalry and to think away fans are singing about it.  What division are port vale in anyway?

"......well I thought they were making a quite a noise for much of the game - reminded me of us in our first season up........"

And thereby implying that in their 2nd season they were a bit quiet.

I like the implication that they were tearing us apart, completely ignoring that both their goals are more to do with our shit defending than their ability to incisively pass through it.  I'm surprised they weren't defensively solid enough to hold us back after that point, it's a sign that we've come a long way when we can go to places like Stoke, start poorly, gift the other team 2 goals, and still come away with a point and looking like the better team.  Top 10 beckons on the evidence so far.

With the danger of sounding slightly cocky here, I do admit I somehow regret that there's only three relegation spots in the Premier League.

:ph34r:

(Now all I need to is make sure this post isn't going to bit me on the **** comes the end of this season)

Three and the season ending today would be fine.

The diction thing is funny. Once used a DVD clip we'd made/filmed of a community project from Stoke, where we'd been working, as part of a global conference in US. When we sent it to the States so they could get it prepped up for presentation, it came back with a memo saying 'we don't understand a word they are saying'. We had to get it subtitled to play to a predominantly English speaking audience.