Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

So this is old and I'm sure this may have been posted before, but my gosh, Jonathan Liew is a massive bellend!

http://thesetpieces.com/interviews/vox-in-the-box-jonathan-liew/

Read where he says he's both a Spurs and Arsenal fan. Glad the club banned him.

What a liewser

So this is old and I'm sure this may have been posted before, but my gosh, Jonathan Liew is a massive bellend!

I come at things very logically and rationally. And while Spurs is a very emotional thing, that came from school days, as I grew older I started to question ‘why do I instinctively have to hate Arsenal? I admire their manager, I admire their football.’ And Spurs and Arsenal are demographically the same, there’s no sectarian split there. They’re the same. They should merge. They really should merge. I’m a North London fan. Yeah, North London Rovers. Spursnal. Arsenham. Do it. They should share a stadium. They should play in each other’s kits when they go away from home. That should be the next step. Arsenal should play in a white away kit and Tottenham should play in a red away kit. Eventually they’ll turn ever so slightly pink and then suddenly one day, nobody even notices, they’re both wearing the same colour shirt, with the same sponsor and they’re called Arsenham. That’s the dream.

Good Christ.

I come at things very logically and rationally. And while Spurs is a very emotional thing, that came from school days, as I grew older I started to question ‘why do I instinctively have to hate Arsenal? I admire their manager, I admire their football.’ And Spurs and Arsenal are demographically the same, there’s no sectarian split there. They’re the same. They should merge. They really should merge. I’m a North London fan. Yeah, North London Rovers. Spursnal. Arsenham. Do it. They should share a stadium. They should play in each other’s kits when they go away from home. That should be the next step. Arsenal should play in a white away kit and Tottenham should play in a red away kit. Eventually they’ll turn ever so slightly pink and then suddenly one day, nobody even notices, they’re both wearing the same colour shirt, with the same sponsor and they’re called Arsenham. That’s the dream.

Good Christ.

1322.gif

Edited by Manwell Pablo

The Arsenal/Tottenham stuff is stupid, but I'm not sure I can get behind the club banning him. We don't know the full story of course but I'm not sure we should be banning a journalist for reporting a story just because it's not positive - if Jamie's genuinely reformed or indeed remorseful then sit him down in front of him. It's not the journalist that's responsible for this one, it's Vardy and it's a legitimate issue. I'm not sure why it's getting more attention that Danny Simpson personally, but it's still something that we can't just hide from because it's unpleasant.

The Arsenal/Tottenham stuff is stupid, but I'm not sure I can get behind the club banning him. We don't know the full story of course but I'm not sure we should be banning a journalist for reporting a story just because it's not positive - if Jamie's genuinely reformed or indeed remorseful then sit him down in front of him. It's not the journalist that's responsible for this one, it's Vardy and it's a legitimate issue. I'm not sure why it's getting more attention that Danny Simpson personally, but it's still something that we can't just hide from because it's unpleasant.

I don't necessarily agree with the club banning him because he's a dissenting voice. But I do think Liew's dissenting opinion -- turning Vardy's situation into a very black/white issue and pontificating about racism as if he was a sociology professor -- got annoying quickly because he kept beating a dead horse and made a mountain out of a molehill on Twitter and I'm fine with the club banning him because he's just an annoying cvnt.

I don't really care much for athletes' personal lives, but if I did: Shinji and Vardy play together successful and seem fine. So sure, Vardy made a mistake, was fined for it, and now we move on right?

Edited by americanfox

"

Leicester City: The fairytale with rough edges

Nick Miller"

Top notch investigative journalism from F365.  If only someone had mentioned all this before....constantly....in nearly every article they write about City.  :rolleyes:

Like he'd care about any of that if we were bottom of the league.

I've come to the conclusion that Spurs fans are just Arsenal fans that couldn't get tickets for the Emirates

Someone on here said the other week that Spurs fans are basically Arsenal fans who support a smaller club. Very accurate statement.

• Like 1

Why? It's not that he's done or said anything worthwhile, it's not that he's an insightful questioner. He's a shouty idiot with a single point of view about someone he didn't care about until he was big news. He's scum and should be ignored and banned. Well done to the club.

• Like 1

Like he'd care about any of that if we were bottom of the league.

This.

F365 is fast turning into TalkSport.  I think I'll stop visiting it from now on.  As mentioned above also, the bit about Simpson is priceless.  I'm not sure Danny knows the pitch goes further than the halfway line.

He wasn't exactly reporting the story though, just spouting off on Twitter/Facebook months after the event.

He wasn't exactly reporting the story though, just spouting off on Twitter/Facebook months after the event.

Fair enough, not sure we can afford to ban every single journalist who posts something mildly negative about someone at Leicester on social media though.

clearly he was banned because he was actively trying to cause trouble. 

the whole "racism" incident is not a big deal. if it was a big deal people would have made it a big deal. sure it was pretty rude and shouldn't have happened, hence the apology, but it hasn't caused national outrage because nobody really thinks it's that outrageous. the fact that 4 months on some nobody "journalist" was trying to get famous by trying to make it a big deal means he is a pr ick. 

it was on the front of papers when it happened, it was reported in every media outlet. people "forgot" about it because none of them really cared about it. the facebook post where this freak claims vardy should "start every interview by apologising for what he did" just shows how weird he was and how massively correct the club were to tell him to never come back. 

Don't say it out loud that Man Utd in 96/97 won eight games 1-0. You might get called anti football and accused of parking the bus by that lot from WHL who invented football.

You can tell Sir Alex is a true winner. He knows the value of these last 4 wins we had.

Edited by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Even Old Cock Nose is cheering us on.

Sir Alex Ferguson has become the latest to join the clamour. The legendary manager, who guided Manchester United to 13 Premier League triumphs, now wants Leicester City to have that taste of title success.

'Leicester have got the bit between their teeth and I think they've been the best team without question throughout the season. They deserve to win it,' said Fergie.

His comments chime with the thoughts of the vast majority of football fans up and down the country. If Leicester see this miraculous season through to a happy conclusion, they will be popular champions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3517052/Leicester-City-seven-steps-away-Premier-League-heaven-Claudio-Ranieri-satisfaction-Chelsea-giving-champions-guard-honour.html#ixzz44VQQs5F7 

The responses fell into three main categories. People going ‘damn right spot on.’ People – mostly Leicester fans but not entirely – going ‘You are an awful, awful person.’ And there was a third group, as large as the other two saying ‘I didn’t know Jamie Vardy had done this’ or ‘you’ve spoiled Jamie Vardy for me’ or ‘I had no idea’. So it seems to me that unlike Luis Suarez, unlike John Terry, there was a huge constituency of people cheering on Jamie Vardy as a hero who did not know this. And I think you need all the facts at your disposal.

Read more: http://thesetpieces.com/interviews/vox-in-the-box-jonathan-liew/#ixzz44VTzSxtP

This is definitely absolute bollocks.

You're telling me that 2 of the 3 main responses were:

"I had no idea" - this was front page news for fvck's sake.

"You are an awful, awful person" - I think he thinks a bit too much of himself.

I'd suggest it was far more likely that people were actually trying to engage with the idea that perhaps saying one racist word in anger (one which, as much as Liew would like to dress it up, is clearly not as loaded as others) does not make you a "massive racist". At least enough to warrant a "fourth main category" but no, good old Jonathan Liew and his right-on mates are too busy slapping each other on the back for demanding that somebody lose their job for what is by any standards a mild racial epithet.

He might not be an awful person but he is a bloody drama queen.

They thought it was cheap and opportunistic

Too right it was cheap and opportunistic. Where was his public outrage in August? The club did absolutely the right thing - if they think somebody might be looking to cause trouble why would they invite them in?

Liew doesn't want to engage with the issue which is his problem. He says "he's a racist, he should be punished" and is not willing to debate either of the central tenets of his point:

1) That he's "a racist"

2) The severity of the punishment

The key thing to remember when engaging with this subject though is that Anybody who disagrees is a racist sympathiser. This is absolutely Football365/Liew 101.

An absolutely unwinnable argument - the sort of fingers-in-ears "lalalala"ing that results in any sort of moderate or considerate opinion being voided in the cause of people having their "safe space".

Why? It's not that he's done or said anything worthwhile, it's not that he's an insightful questioner. He's a shouty idiot with a single point of view about someone he didn't care about until he was big news. He's scum and should be ignored and banned. Well done to the club.

Bingo. I'd argue that what this Liew idiot is doing is more harmful than what Vardy did.

Vardy said something stupid - whether he meant to cause offence is up for debate but he immediately apologised to the public, met with the person to apologise personally and paid into a charity of his choosing. I believe the man in question even said no harm was caused

Liew has repeatedly brought the incident up months after, in a quite bizarre attempt to stir hatred and outrage, and almost certainly to boost his own profile. He is a petty and bitter individual and I'm glad the club have banned him. If he wasn't a half-n-half Arse-Cock (surely the only one in the world) or we weren't ahead of his teams I'd bet my life savings he wouldn't have treated this (non)incident in the same way

• Like 1