Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

Last season we had 13 penalties. This season we've had 6 penalties so far (scoring 4). 

Surprisingly Bournemouth have been awarded most penalties.

Bournemouth should win the league by 10 points because they've had the most penalties this season. Right?

44 minutes ago, Koke said:

Last season we had 13 penalties. This season we've had 6 penalties so far (scoring 4). 

Surprisingly Bournemouth have been awarded most penalties.

When did we miss penalties? I can't remember any

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

When did we miss penalties? I can't remember any

Swansea at home. Cant remember the other.

Edited by Koke

24 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Bournemouth should win the league by 10 points because they've had the most penalties this season. Right?

Add that to the list of "we were lucky" and my favourite "teams deliberately rolled over for Leicester"

But tbf some of our pens last season were dubios. The Arsenal away was standard Vardy trick. Bournemouth home was not a pen. Poor lad Francis got sent off for it as well  West Ham home was a dive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Add that to the list of "we were lucky" and my favourite "teams deliberately rolled over for Leicester"

But tbf some of our pens last season were dubios. The Arsenal away was standard Vardy trick. Bournemouth home was not a pen. Poor lad Francis got sent off for it as well  West Ham home was a dive. 

Norwich away was more "not a penalty" than the Arsenal one imo.

Of course what what people forget is Vardy not getting a penalty for being wiped out in the last minute at Bournemouth, Mahrez being blatantly fouled by Vertonghen at our place and Huth having the shirt ripped off his back at Palace. I'd say things about evened themselves out, albeit that's better than most teams can hope for given referees err on the side of caution generally.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

We didn't get a Peno vs West Ham so That dosent count & The Bournemouth one was missed.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Bournemouth at home last season.

This season we've had 6 penalties in the league apparently this season, scoring 4 (Boro x2, Hull & Watford). We've missed 2. Swansea and.....??? 

Maybe we've only bad 5 cos I can't remember the 6th PL penalty we have received. 

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

This season we've had 6 penalties in the league apparently this season, scoring 4 (Boro x2, Hull & Watford). We've missed 2. Swansea and.....??? 

Maybe we've only bad 5 cos I can't remember the 6th PL penalty we have received. 

We've only had 5.

8 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We didn't get a Peno vs West Ham so That dosent count & The Bournemouth one was missed.

It was missed but it was not a pen. Francis got sent off for it as well, unlucky for them. West Ham wasn't given. Norwich away was almost identical and that was given. Vardy has a habit of initiating contact and then fall over. 

As @ttfn mentioned there were also incidents like Huth v Palace and Vertonghen on Mahrez that got away. 

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

I don't know how some of our fans can be so bitter about a team we beat to the title. 

It's easy really but ill give you the short version.

Our history started way before the 2015/16 season.

just read back a couple of pages.

On 23/03/2017 at 12:53, Koke said:

And you call yourself a fan. 

Wash your mouth out. I mean clean your pen....erm your keyboard...

On 23/03/2017 at 13:14, Koke said:

It was missed but it was not a pen. Francis got sent off for it as well, unlucky for them. West Ham wasn't given. Norwich away was almost identical and that was given. Vardy has a habit of initiating contact and then fall over. 

As @ttfn mentioned there were also incidents like Huth v Palace and Vertonghen on Mahrez that got away. 

In which case why was the sending off not rescinded on appeal ?  Imo, if was a red (this season it would be a yellow) - you cannot tackle from behind unless you can take the ball cleanly without touching the opponent at all.