Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

7 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Bayern Munich CEO dismisses Leicester's chances of winning Champions League.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3236389/bayern-munich-legend-karl-heinz-rummenigge-has-dismissed-leicester-city-chances-of-winning-the-champions-league-this-season/

Just another reason to prove people wrong and get the players ready for it imo.

If it was Paul the Octopus I might be worried

On 01/04/2017 at 21:41, yorkie1999 said:

to be fair, they did win the league cup in 1970

To be really fair, they didn't...but we did beat them in 63/64 final (was at both games and what a crap atmosphere in a crap stadium for the drawn first leg), and the 1970 final was won by Man City v WBA

7 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

To be really fair, they didn't...but we did beat them in 63/64 final (was at both games and what a crap atmosphere in a crap stadium for the drawn first leg), and the 1970 final was won by Man City v WBA

1971-72 then

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Anyone spot any gems on the Sunderland forum last night?

I had a quick look and discovered to my surprise that they should have had two absolutely stonewall penalties last night. Weirdly I can't remember them - I must have been distracted at those two key moments.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Anyone spot any gems on the Sunderland forum last night?

One said he was looking forward to our goal music, the reply was that they will be sick to death if it my the end.  Nice gallows humour I thought.

9 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

They all seem to think Slimani's goal was a blatant foul

Not seeing it myself

Wasn't even mentioned on Ref Watch and the first Huth 'penalty' was quickly discarded.

15 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

They all seem to think Slimani's goal was a blatant foul

Not seeing it myself

Come on, if you can't see Slim give their defender a little nudge then those are some seriously tinted specs. A couple of us saw it last night and counted ourselves a tad lucky to get the goal as you see nudges like that flagged up all the time. Obviously, I'm not complaining, but there's definitely something there.

• Like 2

Slim does give their defender a nudge. It put him slightly off balance. I do think that was a foul.

The Huth handball was not a pen though IMO. 

14 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Come on, if you can't see Slim give their defender a little nudge then those are some seriously tinted specs. A couple of us saw it last night and counted ourselves a tad lucky to get the goal as you see nudges like that flagged up all the time. Obviously, I'm not complaining, but there's definitely something there.

If that's a nudge the game has gone. It's a contact sport.. 

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

If that's a nudge the game has gone. It's a contact sport..

You've never seen anything like that given then? Or played football when someone's nudged you just as you're about to jump or just of the ground? It puts you off balance and gives the player doing it an advantage. I don't necessarily agree with it, but theres a slight push by Slimani to gain an advantage.

And can people stop saying 'the game's gone', it's such a stupid little soundbite that doesn't even mean anything.

• Like 2

Just now, Darkon84 said:

You've never seen anything like that given then? Or played football when someone's nudged you just as you're about to jump or just of the ground? It puts you off balance and gives the player doing it an advantage. I don't necessarily agree with it, but theres a slight push by Slimani to gain an advantage.

And can people stop saying 'the game's gone', it's such a stupid little soundbite that doesn't even mean anything.

The game has gone, too much diving and fouls which are good tackles result in free-kick nowadays. Watching some videos of old school football and they got up and got on with it. None of this fannying around now. His header wasn't a nudge you see it week in week out players putting a arm up like that. There are fouls which are pushes yes, but that last night wasn't anywhere near one