Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Every time a ball is hit into the penalty are it's awash with fouls from nudges, pushes, holding obstruction etc. Obstruction by both attackers and defenders is par for the course but nearly all of it is done in a subtle way.

6 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

You've never seen anything like that given then? Or played football when someone's nudged you just as you're about to jump or just of the ground? It puts you off balance and gives the player doing it an advantage. I don't necessarily agree with it, but theres a slight push by Slimani to gain an advantage.

And can people stop saying 'the game's gone', it's such a stupid little soundbite that doesn't even mean anything.

A player is entitled to use his body weight to nudge back and to hold his position, FYI.

Slim was stronger and wanted the ball more than Kone.

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

Slim does give their defender a nudge. It put him slightly off balance. I do think that was a foul.

The Huth handball was not a pen though IMO. 

Yep thought it was a foul by Slim - clever but he pushes him clearly, not even subtly, his arms were out so I don't think we could have many complaints if it was disallowed.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

The game has gone, too much diving and fouls which are good tackles result in free-kick nowadays. Watching some videos of old school football and they got up and got on with it. None of this fannying around now. His header wasn't a nudge you see it week in week out players putting a arm up like that. There are fouls which are pushes yes, but that last night wasn't anywhere near one

Oh ok, sorry, I didn't realise. Perhaps we should all just give up. That's it, the game's gone lads, no more football to be seen or played here! Football was so much better when people could get away with rugby tackling goalkeepers or straight out booting people with little consequence. I don't like the diving etc, but it's tough, that's how it's changed and evolved, so you'd best get used to it I'm afraid. His header was a nudge, take those specs off. You clearly see, from his body, arm and what happens to the defender that the defender has been pushed to put him off balance and away from Slimani, therefore allowing him to get a more free header.

As I said before, I'm not complaining, I'm glad we won and he scored, obviously, BUT, you do see those given. That's all it comes down to.

You've also go the other side of this when players end up behind another player who's shielding the ball it only takes the slightest of touches to get the ball holder rolling forward to get a free kick. Mahrez is particularly adept at it now.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

A player is entitled to use his body weight to nudge back and to hold his position, FYI.

Slim was stronger and wanted the ball more than Kone.

What Slim did is not using weight to shield a ball or win shoulder to shoulder or hold postion, it's a push in the back lol

Edited by Darkon84

44 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Come on, if you can't see Slim give their defender a little nudge then those are some seriously tinted specs. A couple of us saw it last night and counted ourselves a tad lucky to get the goal as you see nudges like that flagged up all the time. Obviously, I'm not complaining, but there's definitely something there.

Something...but nothing to have a reason to disallow it....Falling back, on your opponent, then springing forward is also

a defenders trick...but then again I am not saying he did...:rolleyes:

Ps... Lets ask our specs expert....

Blue tinted specs....did you see that push....No blind eyes..mind

Edited by fuchsntf

21 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

What Slim did is not using weight to shield a ball or win shoulder to shoulder or hold postion, it's a push in the back lol

he was very clever just enough to put the player off his jump not quite enough to look like a blatant foul. Slim knew it was a foul you can see him glimpse at the ref before his celebration prayer.

24 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Oh ok, sorry, I didn't realise. Perhaps we should all just give up. That's it, the game's gone lads, no more football to be seen or played here! Football was so much better when people could get away with rugby tackling goalkeepers or straight out booting people with little consequence. I don't like the diving etc, but it's tough, that's how it's changed and evolved, so you'd best get used to it I'm afraid. His header was a nudge, take those specs off. You clearly see, from his body, arm and what happens to the defender that the defender has been pushed to put him off balance and away from Slimani, therefore allowing him to get a more free header.

As I said before, I'm not complaining, I'm glad we won and he scored, obviously, BUT, you do see those given. That's all it comes down to.

Would it have been a penalty if Kone would have done that to Slimani to win the ball?

• Like 1

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

he was very clever just enough to put the player off his jump not quite enough to look like a blatant foul. Slim knew it was a foul you can see him glimpse at the ref before his celebration prayer.

Exactly. It's not some huge foul, and the game's not gone. It was clever play from him to gain an advantage. You sometimes see fouls given for it, you sometimes don't. It's not a huge problem like it might look like from some of the replies back and forth lol

I think enough has been said on the matter now anyway.

Just now, MrSpaM said:

Would it have been a penalty if Kone would have done that to Slimani to win the ball?

Possibly, yes. Again, you see them given sometimes, and sometimes you don't. I'd certainly have appealed for it.

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Notice in the first half when a Mahrez free-kick was swung over to the back post, Huth heads goalwards and Pickford tips over the bar. Watch the treatment that's given to YB29. Nothing given for that either.

Exactly. It happens for majority of headers in a game 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

I still can't quite understand why Sunderland hate us so.

One Sunderland fan I was chatting to said although a fair few still do like us I think they found some a little too arrogant after we won the league.

Relegating them probably won't help either now! (Although he actively wanted to return to the Championship to have a thorough clear out)

Anyone been to Sunderland? One of the biggest shitholes on the planet. Who cares whether they like us or not? Walk round the town centre Saturday or Sunday morning and the pavements are densely spattered with puke. Don't quite know what the local pubs do with their beer. The local brewery Vaux actually makes a nice pint, but you won't ever get a decent pint in Sunderland.

16 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

One Sunderland fan I was chatting to said although a fair few still do like us I think they found some a little too arrogant after we won the league.

Relegating them probably won't help either now! (Although he actively wanted to return to the Championship to have a thorough clear out)

Clear out? They won't have any players left. I could see them getting relegated to league 1 next season. 

2 hours ago, davieG said:

"You're getting slapped in the morning" seems to have hit home with the media/social media

http://www.givemesport.com/1022965-leicester-fans-produce-hilarious-chant-aimed-at-david-moyes?autoplay=on 

Leicester supporters are quite a droll bunch tbf.

What was the Mattock one again which raised a supercilious and wry look on my fizzog?