Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

12 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Spurs Didn't win it and they did not finish 2nd Arsenal did and they played enough games last season in Europe.

And they sent out the stiffs against Dortmund in the last 16.

Waste of time competing in it for Tottenham if people think that going through the groups cost them the title and then when they get to the knock out stages they as good as throw it anyway. lol

• Like 1

It also ignores the fact that Spurs' biggest problem last season was that they started slowly, taking just 6 points from the 5 games before the Europa League started.

I mean, we still got 5 more points than them over the rest of the season but pointing to the Europa League as the reason they didn't get at least another 10 points is predictably stupid.

3 hours ago, ttfn said:

It also ignores the fact that Spurs' biggest problem last season was that they started slowly, taking just 6 points from the 5 games before the Europa League started.

I mean, we still got 5 more points than them over the rest of the season but pointing to the Europa League as the reason they didn't get at least another 10 points is predictably stupid.

Bottleham would have bottled it whatever. They weren't mentally capable of winning the league last season. Just more shoddy punditry/journalism  twelve months on. 

You just gotta love the press.

Had we been top all this season they would still be saying "they done well but won't last the season blah blah blah"

Because we have been crap they make out our league win was because spuds had Europe lol What about Chelsea the two mancs arsenil and Liverpool or were they all just plain shite ?

I so hope we stick it right up them. But I guess we already are being in the last 8 YES the last 8 of the CL. The only English club left yet we were going to be the embarrassment of the nation. Let's see what the cvnts have to say next season when we are top six.

Let's be honest they know no more than us other wise the bookies would go bust.

Guest bennytwohats

I cringe when I read some shit about Spurs on here. They've been fantastic this season and their first 11 on their day play some of the most exciting football in the league. On a par with Villa? Behave. They're right to be considered up there with the best in the league. 

Its embarrassing to see some of you get in a twist about the shit a minority of their fans write on their forum only to come on here and write some drivel that is exactly on par.

58 minutes ago, davieG said:

by Dan Voicescu10 minutes agoFollow @fiveboroball

TWEET

x

COMMENT

Leicester’s season has been transformed in the month since the controversial firing of manager Claudio Ranieri, but how are they doing it?

How Leicester remain the only Premier League team left in the most prestigious club competition in the world is a miracle of modern soccer.  If you’re reading this, odds are you’re familiar with the traditional hierarchy in English and European soccer and as such, realize the improbability that a club whose wage bill ranks 11th in the Premier League is in the Champions League quarterfinals. So how are they still thriving at the top of the European soccer pyramid?

Claudio Ranieri’s firing in February was seen as a cruel move on the part of desperate and ungrateful foreign owners lacking any emotional connection and sense of appreciation for the man who had delivered them the most improbable of trophies.

Advertisement

Who's going to die in Game of Thrones Season 7? Odds on 50 characters

Game of Thrones has a LOT of characters, and not all of them are gonna make it to the end. Here's who we think will at least get through Season 7 alive.

Latest from FanSided 

Emotional aspects aside, the sober reality was that Ranieri had relinquished the methods that earned him the Premier League title. As the Foxes sank deeper in the standings, the Italian began a constant tinkering with his lineup, resulting in a loss of identity and leaving the squad feeling unsettled.

When Riyad Mahrez can’t find himself a regular starting spot, you know there’s trouble in paradise. The departure of N’Golo Kante proved a big blow to Leicester’s performance on the domestic front, and without a clear replacement for him, Ranieri began searching for different lineups and formations to make up for the Frenchman’s dominating presence in midfield.

Different players were asked to alter their roles in order to cover more ground than they were used to, as they had to make up for all the space Kante used to cover, or provide more defensive help than they previously had been. All this came at a cost for the team, as the Foxes’ unit became more unbalanced and players grew frustrated with their manager.

As soon as he stepped into the head coaching role, Craig Shakespeare seemed to understand that his role as caretaker would entail minimal meddling tactically. What Leicester desperately needed was the sense of calm and confidence that usually comes with having a regular formation and lineup.

Shakespeare went back to the same well of success that brought Leicester the Premier League title: the 4-4-2, with 20-year-old Nigerian Wilfred Ndidy a straight replacement for Kante in the defensive midfield role, and Danny Drinkwater beside him providing support in central midfield.

The young Ndidy is very much a work in progress but his presence as a bona fide defensive midfielder allows the rest of the remaining cast to (re)settle in to the formation and play up to their strengths. Mahrez is back to tormenting opposing defenses with his runs on the right flank and Jamie Vardy seems to have found his nose for the goal.

In the process, Leicester have regained their sense of identity as a counterattacking team that has perfected the simple things, as adept at quick transition offense or counterattacking as they were during their league-winning campaign.

RELATED STORY: 25 best club soccer teams of all time

Leicester have won all their games under Shakespeare, including a 2-0 win over Sevilla, the bookmaker’s favorite to advance, a victory that saw them go through to the Champions League quarterfinals. They’re six points clear of relegation and a long way from the struggle and drama they were experiencing in the late stages of the Ranieri regime. After a bump in the road, the Leicester fairytale continues.

I love the fact this segued briefly into an article on who's gonna die next on Game of Thrones. (My money's on Ned Stark. Sean Bean dies in everything, even When Saturday Comes)

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I love the fact this segued briefly into an article on who's gonna die next on Game of Thrones. (My money's on Ned Stark. Sean Bean dies in everything, even When Saturday Comes)

But thats history..Poor ol Sean is well gone..

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Spoiler alert....

I can also tell you the West Ham result, if your desperately behind...Who won the PL in 2015/16 season..:D

I thought I was behind, it seems your way back, so far that the 7 kingdoms were still being fought over....

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I can also tell you the West Ham result, if your desperately behind...Who won the PL in 2015/16 season..:D

I thought I was behind, it seems your way back, so far that the 7 kingdoms were still being fought over....

We beat them 2-1 at Upton Park didn't we?! Shinji and Riad scored :unsure:

(I was trying to be coy for those who hadn't seen with, I've just introduced it to my mum so have re-watched all 60 hours in the past month!

On 19/03/2017 at 11:45, Spiritwalker said:

They are not in Leicester.

They really did their research into views around Leicester then, can see the student flats near the ground, out the other window a part of welford road (tigers ground), can recognise a few other buildings in the city too. If they weren't in the city then hats off to the researchers.

Edited by Jakewilk

17 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

I cringe when I read some shit about Spurs on here. They've been fantastic this season and their first 11 on their day play some of the most exciting football in the league. On a par with Villa? Behave. They're right to be considered up there with the best in the league. 

Its embarrassing to see some of you get in a twist about the shit a minority of their fans write on their forum only to come on here and write some drivel that is exactly on par.

Then cringe. I love the fact people presume some of us hate spuds because of some shite on the net. As with the premier league football started before the internet and the fighting nobs forum.

One of the cvnts trying to stab me at villa park tends to breed a little hatred. Seeing the cvnts punch a women at Wembley adds a little more. Five of us getting jumped by about 30 of the cvnts and battered.

Some of us do have real life experience as a reason to hate the cvnts. Not because of what a bunch of nobs put on a forum. I would rather spend a night with covscum sheep and florets' fans than five minutes with some fvcked up spud.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

Then cringe. I love the fact people presume some of us hate spuds because of some shite on the net. As with the premier league football started before the internet and the fighting nobs forum.

One of the cvnts trying to stab me at villa park tends to breed a little hatred. Seeing the cvnts punch a women at Wembley adds a little more. Five of us getting jumped by about 30 of the cvnts and battered.

Some of us do have real life experience as a reason to hate the cvnts. Not because of what a bunch of nobs put on a forum. I would rather spend a night with covscum sheep and florets' fans than five minutes with some fvcked up spud.

We have our own nobs though. Your personal experiences are justification for you to dislike them immensely. The discussion wasn't whether they are a nice club - it was whether they are a bigger club than villa. I would have them on a par with Everton. 

Spurs are a feeder club nothing more, they had their chance last season and blew it big time.

In the next 18 months the manager, Seagull Kane and Rude Boi Alli will be long gone and they will most likely suffer from new stadium syndrome before adjusting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jakewilk said:

They really did their research into views around Leicester then, can see the student flats near the ground, out the other window a part of welford road (tigers ground), can recognise a few other buildings in the city too. If they weren't in the city then hats off to the researchers.

It does look very realistic but I'm 99% sure it is a studio in London.

• Like 1