Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Please quote me where I said the Fa Cup isn't important?

I don't need to, what you wrote is still in the thread.  :thumbup:

You're opting for a mid table finish and no cup, over a relegation battle and the FA cup. 

I bet you in 20 years time the Wigan fans will still smile about the FA cup they won over a mid table finish in the premiership.

Like I say each to their own!  :D

I don't need to, what you wrote is still in the thread. :thumbup:

You're opting for a mid table finish and no cup, over a relegation battle and the FA cup.

I bet you in 20 years time the Wigan fans will still smile about the FA cup they won over a mid table finish in the premiership.

Like I say each to their own! :D

To this day and not sure I will ever change. Maybe due to growing up on the back end of motd and the fa cup final being all the football on tv.

I would accept relegation today. If I get a shot of the engraver putting Leicester City on the fa cup.

Because much tho I relish a few trips to portugal, spain, poland etc in the europa league. We are never gonna witness us win a premier league title and no one can take away that trophy.

I hope they've volunteered writing that utter bullshit and not been paid for it. The kind of moron who pays more attention to pointless 'stats' than what's actually unfolding in front of their own eyes.

Football fans are turning utterly insane.

Mate its about fantasy football, the stats are literally all that matter...
  • Like 2

There's no way that lineup isn't a pisstake. We're not going to play our starting right back in the premiership? Konchesky over Schlupp? No Moore? We're not going start with Drinkwater and James in the middle? We're going to put ****ing GTF and Albrighton on the wing and not even bother to put Mahrez on the bench? We're not starting our best striker?

• Like 1

This is a sign of encouragement...

And then we come back down to earth with the ignorance of the Premier league masses. Ah...

So GTF and King are better than Matty James and Vardy? Ok then chap. I'll just let that sink in!  :nigel:

Edited by Robin JD Popley

This is a sign of encouragement...

And then we come back down to earth with the ignorance of the Premier league masses. Ah...

So GTF and King are better than Matty James and Vardy? Ok then chap. I'll just let that sink in! :nigel:

That chimpsport page is the biggest pile of crap ever! As you said, picking GTF and King over James and Vardy is an odd one. Mahrez not even in the squad and also leaving RDL on the bench for Was won't happen but then to say our defence is our strong point.. personally I think the defence is our weak point at the moment! Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

11. Leicester City

Skill: 
Signings: 6 
Intrigue: 
Manager: 6 
Kit: 8 
Total: 30

A prediction: despite having relatively few players with Premier League experience, Leicester will enjoy a staggeringly assured start to the season, which by Christmas will see at least one over-excitable pundit mentioning Nigel Pearson as a candidate for the England job and at least one overexcited blogger asking whether 4-4-2 is back in fashion. There has been little of the summer panic and agents’ feeding frenzy that normally characterises the newly promoted Championship club, with Marc Albrighton and Leonardo Ulloa (pictured) the headline signings. Elsewhere, it’s simply business as usual, which is enough to make Leicester something of a novelty in these entropic times.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11005153/All-20-Premier-League-teams-reviewed-and-ranked-By-Jonathan-Liew.html?frame=2993688

Jonathan Liew

Stoke have been a perennial lower midtable side bar last season. Why do they have it so much better? They'll go down soon enough and unlike Wigan they'll have bugger all to show for it.

They won't be able to look back on trophies or good football. Their stay in the top flight will be memorable for nothing. They're just another Coventry.

If you can say that about Stoke, a team that made the FA Cup final and played in Europe, then you can say it about every other team apart from Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Do you think people look at Leicester and remember our time? No. We're just "another Coventry" to most people. Not every fan will know Leicester City won two League Cups, played in Europe and consistently finished top ten because it's the Premier League and most of the "fans" don't look below the top four. Some people don't even know Blackburn have won it. Some people don't realise how big Everton are.

11. Leicester City

Skill: 

Signings: 6 

Intrigue: 

Manager: 6 

Kit: 8 

Total: 30

A prediction: despite having relatively few players with Premier League experience, Leicester will enjoy a staggeringly assured start to the season, which by Christmas will see at least one over-excitable pundit mentioning Nigel Pearson as a candidate for the England job and at least one overexcited blogger asking whether 4-4-2 is back in fashion. There has been little of the summer panic and agents’ feeding frenzy that normally characterises the newly promoted Championship club, with Marc Albrighton and Leonardo Ulloa (pictured) the headline signings. Elsewhere, it’s simply business as usual, which is enough to make Leicester something of a novelty in these entropic times.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11005153/All-20-Premier-League-teams-reviewed-and-ranked-By-Jonathan-Liew.html?frame=2993688

Jonathan Liew

17. Burnley

Manager: 8

16. Queens Park Rangers

Manager: 6

11. Leicester City

Manager: 6

:nigel:

• Like 3

I hope they've volunteered writing that utter bullshit and not been paid for it. The kind of moron who pays more attention to pointless 'stats' than what's actually unfolding in front of their own eyes.

Football fans are turning utterly insane.

In fairness, fantasy football is all about stats and this guy is analysing us on that basis.

For example, everyone knows how important Roy Keane was to Utd but equally, he was be an awful purchase in a fantasy football team...