Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

So Wes Morgan is sh*t because he made a mistake against Weymouth 9 years ago?

There is some validity to their criticisms of Morgan (albeit slighlty generic), however as others pointed out Hull also boasted some very limited CB and coped quite well. I think something we should be aware of is/was the requirement in our set up that the full backs push on and leave the two CB slightly more exposed. I anticipate that against the 'better' sides we'll go 4231/451 and the full backs will not push forward at all whilst in the more win-able games we'll see RDL and AN Other bombing forward and peppering the box with crosses.

With most promoted clubs you can trot out the same cliche's 'might struggle to score', 'how will their defence cope', 'lack of experience' etc so it is not surprising to see most predictions falling into these categories.

Its very easy for pundits to predict the newly promoted teams to go straight back down.

What they never seem to mention is the success stories. Swansea finished 9th in their first ever premier league season, then 11th and won the League Cup to play in Europe.

Palace looked down and out last season and ended 11th thanks to Pulis, and Hull comfortably survived and made the Fa Cup final.

The vast majority of all pundits would have predicted Hull and Palace to both get relegated last season, massive egg on their face there then. I doubt a single pundit in the world predicted Fulham would finish 19th last year.

There are at least as many success stories as there are Cardiff/Derby/Burnley failures for newly promoted sides.

And to be fair Cardiff beat last seasons champions, Burnley beat Man United in their relegation season and Steve Howard scored at Old Trafford - so its not all doom and gloom even for a relegated side :P

Let's just ducking enjoy it, we never knew we would have a 10 year absence when we went down last time and we never know what will happen now, cherish it because it might not last (though I'm 75% confident we will stay up with relative ease next season).

• Like 2

So Wes Morgan is sh*t because he made a mistake against Weymouth 9 years ago?

These are Forest fans we're talking about. They still think 1980 constitutes recent success, so 2005 must seem like yesterday to them.

Wes was sh1t for us last season. Right-o.

I reckon if we'd gone up in 2013 our fans would be looking at Wes a bit differently. He was fantastic in his first season with us, not quite so dominant last year, but not shit at all.

Impressed with FourFourTwo's preview of us, particularly the tactical plan, strengths, weaknesses and must do better (Chris Wood).

I think a couple of Leicester fans write for them so wouldn't be shocked if they had some input.

Harry Redknapp's last two matches v us: 1-0 loss, 1-0 loss

Harry Redknapp's last two Premier League matches v us (with Portsmouth): 2-0 loss, 3-1 loss

Harry Redknapp's last two matches v us with West Ham: 1-0 loss, 2-1 loss.

Triffic.

I think a couple of Leicester fans write for them so wouldn't be shocked if they had some input.

We are described as likeable mainstays of the mid-to-late 90s,  so possibly lol

I never thought we were all that popular outside of the club back then.

We are described as likeable mainstays of the mid-to-late 90s,  so possibly lol

I never thought we were all that popular outside of the club back then.

We Fcking weren't, Boring Boring Leicester. lol

Edited by Manwell Pablo

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12090/9406480/charlie-nicholas-tips-arsenal-to-win-the-premier-league

It’s always difficult to go against the teams that have just come up. We know Burnley aren’t going to spend massively. They’ve got their budget and they’ll stick with it. But if they go down they’ll play in a way that means we will be applauding them. They’ll be an awkward side at home but I don’t know if they’ve got enough variety in their squad. I can see them struggling. I think Leicester will be the same. They’ll be attacking and exciting at home but I think they may be very vulnerable away from home. QPR, the other side to come up from the Championship, will be okay, though – and that’s down to the cleverness of Harry Redknapp. I like the experience at centre back of Rio Ferdinand and Steven Caulker, who has had a few seasons at this level now. Harry could also add to his squad in January. So, I’m going for West Brom to be the other team to go down. Alan Irvine is going to be fighting the tide there. I’m not enamoured with the signings he’s made and I don’t think it’s a strong squad - there’s not enough pace and their defensive structure will be exposed. It could be their time unless they strengthen immediately.

Harry Redknapp is so clever, qpr were flying last season remember?

Some of these pundits are a disgrace. They get paid ridiculous amounts of money to give ignorant, arrogant, biased and totally misinformed opinions. I feel for the mugs that fall for them. 

I can see why pundits would think Redknapp would perform better than Pearson given his experience but Pearson isn't tainted with the relegation last year and the perception about ageing, overpaid players.

I know Redknapp's reputation in the press wasn't harmed by that relegation but I'm sure it will play on his mind.

I know QPR have got Ferdinand and Caulker in , but i thought their problem last season was actually scoring goals and their defence was quite tight.

Pretty much. Austin got 18, next down was Ravel Morrison on... 6. Austin got a third of their goals in the entire season, and was out for a third of it. Given they've not signed a striker yet this summer, I can see them going straight back down. Austin is good, but he can't carry them like he did last season.

Pretty much. Austin got 18, next down was Ravel Morrison on... 6. Austin got a third of their goals in the entire season, and was out for a third of it. Given they've not signed a striker yet this summer, I can see them going straight back down. Austin is good, but he can't carry them like he did last season.

Transfer period is not over, knowing Harry he will leave the best for last

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12090/9406480/charlie-nicholas-tips-arsenal-to-win-the-premier-league

It’s always difficult to go against the teams that have just come up. We know Burnley aren’t going to spend massively. They’ve got their budget and they’ll stick with it. But if they go down they’ll play in a way that means we will be applauding them. They’ll be an awkward side at home but I don’t know if they’ve got enough variety in their squad. I can see them struggling. I think Leicester will be the same. They’ll be attacking and exciting at home but I think they may be very vulnerable away from home. QPR, the other side to come up from the Championship, will be okay, though – and that’s down to the cleverness of Harry Redknapp. I like the experience at centre back of Rio Ferdinand and Steven Caulker, who has had a few seasons at this level now. Harry could also add to his squad in January. So, I’m going for West Brom to be the other team to go down. Alan Irvine is going to be fighting the tide there. I’m not enamoured with the signings he’s made and I don’t think it’s a strong squad - there’s not enough pace and their defensive structure will be exposed. It could be their time unless they strengthen immediately.

Oh look, another 'expert' totally deluded on Redknapp.