Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I hate the bollocks saying "in the Championship mistakes don't get punished. In the PL any mistake WILL be punished"

I thought that. At any level of football mistakes are punished. Otherwise the outcome of every game would be 0-0

What he should have said was "the standard of football is higher in the Premier League so they'll have to keep their wits about them, but they're probably aware of this seeing as it's pretty bloody obvious."

We will be champions ... one day ! Just believe it ! 

Personally I think we are going to have a good year ! Top 10 finish and take out some big names along the way + FA Cup winners !

I know I know .... but we all have a way of enjoying watching our club (even you moaners), mine is believing we are gonna do something really special every time we play.

Keep the faith !

• Like 1

I'm very confident we will surprise more than most and will cause a couple of big upsets or two

Well? Which is it? A couple or two?

;)

I agree with your point about going under the radar. I say let everyone expect us to finish rock bottom. People having us down as relegation fodder might not make a big difference to our actual outcome, but if it does, it only means other teams will let their guard down. I happen to agree, I think we will surprise a few people, but it only works in our favour anyway for the opposition to think they only have to show up to get the 3 points.

I hate the bollocks saying "in the Championship mistakes don't get punished. In the PL any mistake WILL be punished"

except the mistakes made by the referees probably....

Edited by MPH

It's still being overly sensitive about stuff though. We went under the radar last season quite a bit and it worked in our favour so I've no problem being written off this season before a ball is kicked.

I'm very confident we will surprise more than most and will cause a couple of big upsets or two

Let's be totally honest - is that really why we were successful? I do quite like being under the radar as it leads to greater surprise amongst most fans, but do you really think we'd have not won the league if we were more focused on? The focus got more and more on us and if anything we went from strength to strength.

People are being sensitive because it's bullshit. If I went and spoke a load of unresearched shite about Ipswich Town I'd expect shit off Ipswich Town fans, not certain fans of theirs trying to make a case for what I've said even when I know myself it's bollocks.

Biggest gripe with the Premier League already is the amount of shite people are willing to chat about Leicester.

Half the time it's from fans who haven't been to see their team play live.

• Like 2

I thought that. At any level of football mistakes are punished. Otherwise the outcome of every game would be 0-0

What he should have said was "the standard of football is higher in the Premier League so they'll have to keep their wits about them, but they're probably aware of this seeing as it's pretty bloody obvious."

Although I agree it is rather a lazy cliche I also believe it is the type of mistake that can be ruthlessly exploited at the higher levels which is telling. Mistakes regularly go unpunished, from not tracking runners to poor positional play,  because players often lack the vision or ability to play the correct pass. 

At Liverpool they follow this very prescriptive model of play to minimise their mistakes http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkpYKvcCUAEk363.jpg:medium (Gerrard excluded) and maximise yours. Clearly there is work to do as 13 of their mistake led directly to goals (only Spurs on 21 were worse), there is a frighteningly detailed (and subjective) analysis of Liverpools shortcomings part way through the season here http://www.theliverpoolword.com/2014/03/analysis-of-liverpools-defensive-errors-in-conceding-goals/ which shows how errors are routinely punished

Edited by fleckneymike

The way people are writing about us you'd think we were some no hopers who'd never played in the top flight and hadn't just pissed the championship with over 100 points.

We've got as much chance as about 8 other teams of staying up.

• Like 2

The way people are writing about us you'd think we were some no hopers who'd never played in the top flight and hadn't just pissed the championship with over 100 points.

We've got as much chance as about 8 other teams of staying up.

The same tosh was written about Swansea, Reading and other when they went up. Simply because the likes of Ashley WIlliams, Nathan Dyer, Kevin Doyle were not household names. You'd think they learn their lesson, but they never will. The same pundits will be linking our players with 'bigger clubs' the moment they start doing producing. 

If people are of the opinion we will go back down, then their of the opinion that we'll go back down, that's their opinion and their entitled to it. It's a big childish to bitch and complain about it and state that they "never learn" (they could well to turn out to be correct yet so using that line is ludicrous) these people have been asked to predict who is going to win what and who is going to go down, they have to write three teams off before a ball is kicked it is impossible to answer that question without doing so, and so they have done, if they think it's us they think it's us  :dunno: .

We're one of 8  that could stay up, we're also one of 8 that could go down, I can see why any football pundit would be raising an eyebrow at our transfer dealings thus far and while I am of the opinion that there is enough here at the moment to just about secure a second season in the top flight I think we're some distance from being able to lambaste pundits of the opinion we'll go down. Whether we stay up or go down I'd imagine this season will not be comfortable unless a lot changes in the next few weeks. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

If people are of the opinion we will go back down, then their of the opinion that we'll go back down, that's their opinion and their entitled to it. It's a big childish to bitch and complain about it and state that they "never learn" (they could well to turn out to be correct yet so using that line is ludicrous) these people have been asked to predict who is going to win what and who is going to go down, they have to write three teams off before a ball is kicked it is impossible to answer that question without doing so, and so they have done, if they think it's us they think it's us  :dunno: .

We're one of 8  that could stay up, we're also one of 8 that could go down, I can see why any football pundit would be raising an eyebrow at our transfer dealings thus far and while I am of the opinion that there is enough here at the moment to just about secure a second season in the top flight I think we're some distance from being able to lambaste pundits of the opinion we'll go down. Whether we stay up or go down I'd imagine this season will not be comfortable unless a lot changes in the next few weeks. 

True, but I would argue peoples problems with what's being said about us is less that we're being tipped for a relegation battle, and more that the things being written about us read like they've not watched us play, even a highlights video, and are essentially just looking at the names in our squad, saying they only recognise a couple (Nugent, Schmeichel and Konch) and writing us off on that basis.

True, but I would argue peoples problems with what's being said about us is less that we're being tipped for a relegation battle, and more that the things being written about us read like they've not watched us play, even a highlights video, and are essentially just looking at the names in our squad, saying they only recognise a couple (Nugent, Schmeichel and Konch) and writing us off on that basis.

If we're talking about fans and pundits, then they're two different things. A lot of the negative punditry I've read surrounds the lack of top level experience and our success in playing 4-4-2 last season, an out dated formation that can you leave you open in the Prem, both points I can see merit in.  

If you go to fans forums you're going to get morons, we all know this, there is an abundance on here for one. Not even worth reading or taking seriously.

We're going to be tipped for relegation by a few people, I'm nervous about a lot of our players playing top level football, it could go one way or another for a lot of them. From what I've seen there are as many people thinking we'll do alright as there are those thinking we'll fall straight back through the trap door and that's what I would expect. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Indeed... forgetting the signings we or say QPR have made for the moment. Not long after we were both confirmed promoted comments like "QPR have the better squad" etc were being chucked around by fans and a few pundits.

Stuff like that is just baffling, but if they want to look at names of people they recognise and come to the conclusion that Zamora and Barton are better than Vardy or Drinkwater then they might be in for a shock. Just as they were last year.

If we're talking about fans and pundits, then they're two different things. A lot of the negative punditry I've read surrounds the lack of top level experience and our success in playing 4-4-2 last season, an out dated formation that can you leave you open in the Prem, both points I can see merit in. 

If I'd seen that from a pundit I wouldn't have much of a problem... most of it seems to be "errrr I don't know anyone, they'll struggle" type stuff.

Has someone actually written that? lol

Haven't seen it yet, a commentator will mention it though :D

Even Championship "experts" were saying it and they watched us most weeks lol

Edited by Corky

Don't like that administration comment - like it's our fault teams continue to overspend.

I do, however, love the comment at the bottom...

'Going down, and by some considerable margin. The boardroom fighting will start around November.' lol lol lol

Edited by C-man