Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Premiership Thread 2011/12

Greatest final day. Even surpassing 1989! Now I've calmed down and stopped bouncing round the room, I'm so happy City won the title, and to see the United fans thinking they'd won it made it so much better. And dave the caveman, stop talking out your arse.

As for the other end, I wanted QPR to go down, but I'm also slightly relieved they didn't. Them surviving whilst Bolton go down is a sort of justice after that disallowed Clint Hill goal at the Reebok.

People seem to forget the part about that goal where the corner wasnt touching the D.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I work in a predominantly United area of Manchester (Chorlton), but managed to find a pub that harboured a big enclave of City fans.

The pub was kind of split with United fans on one side of the horseshoe bar watching their game, and the much bigger crowd of City fans on my side watching their game.

The taunting from the United fans over the bar when they scored their goal and when City went 2-1 down was actually pretty horrendous, and the City side of the bar was a scene of dejection.

Even the City equaliser did little to change the tone, everyone was still consigned to the fact that it was too late.

But then... well that was something truly only fairytale and the place erupted - one of the best football experiences I've had in my life by far. Listening back to the 5-live commentary and watching the goal again makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up; in real life, seasons like this (and moments like this) just do not happen.

Truly, truly astonishing stuff, and being in one of Manchester's football-supporting heartlands to witness it is something I wouldn't have swapped for the world.

It sounds really bad but I definitely wasn't a neutral. Obviously I've always hated United, and since moving to Manchester I've developed a fairly strong soft-spot for City (you could almost call it a "passive support"). But today that support went "active", and I was probably almost as downbeat as the diehard City fans around me up until the 94th minute.

In my defence, my affinity with City has developed purely naturally through seeing them in the flesh a few times (good and bad), and just being around City fans who generally have an indescribable sense of friendliness and humility.

Words fail me about today, really they do.

Everyone hugging. Already brings tears to my eyes thinking about it - I'm such an emotional fairy...

Brilliant :appl:

McLeish to face sack within the next two days

No surprise there.

Just shows you how good O'Neill was for them, just above the relegation zone before he joined, just above the relegation zone since he left.

They're getting what they deserve, pathetic fans.

No surprise there.

Just shows you how good O'Neill was for them, just above the relegation zone before he joined, just above the relegation zone since he left.

They're getting what they deserve, pathetic fans.

Villa fans were chanting "Paul Lambert's villa army" today lol

come on lambert join Villa you know it makes sense.

oh by the way remember I'm a villa fan

This is boring now, if you are happy that a bottom-five premiership club can be bought, filled with soulless mercenaries and go on to dominate the league then fine. You must be a special kind of braindead, blind lunatic, but fine. For me, I would have been happy if anyone but Man City won it. Anyone at all.

How can only winning it in the last minute on the last day and then only on goal difference be called dominating the league ?

Here ya go, have another watch.

http://www.youtube.c...v=cXqz7z2mCqI#!

He's such an idiot. His argument to the referee was that he was also fouled/caught on the face. So being caught on the face means it's ok to plant your elbow on someone else's nose? Then he attacks Aguero and as he's being led off the pitch by other players he starts telling people to calm down! After he's he's just attacked half the Man City team he's telling others to calm down!?!

Also just said on Twitter he still doesn't think it's a sending off!!!

Wow. For all that's said about the Premier League being boring...

For someone that's apparently so clued in, you haven't got a clue.

Give it a rest and get back to your "world" series.

This win will see a rapid Manchester City shirt sales increase in Asia by at least 150%, whereas all the Japanese, Indian, Chinese and Korean ManU "fans" will now either burn their shirts or put it back into the closet.

Give it a rest and get back to your "world" series.

World Series is in October. Anyway, what are you doing outside of the Transfer Talk forum? Shouldn't you be sniffing around for gossip now?

Archived