Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

Serie B outfit AC Pisa (managed by Gennaro Gattuso) currently hold the best defensive record in the league, with only 12 goals conceded.

Problem is, they have managed to score just seven times in the past 21 games and thus find themselves in 20th place. lol

23 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Serie B outfit AC Pisa (managed by Gennaro Gattuso) currently hold the best defensive record in the league, with only 12 goals conceded.

Problem is, they have managed to score just seven times in the past 21 games and thus find themselves in 20th place. lol

Sounds like us the season we got relegated to League 1. Didn't we have the second best defence in the league that season?

Edited by Darkon84

18 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Juve's new badge met with nigh on universal disapproval

Has anyone ever released a new badge that people actually like?

Atletico's new badge looks mint but their fans had a right moan.

Edit; just seen it lol Must have taken the designer about 20 seconds.

Edited by AKCJ

Let's just be honest, badges are going to devolve into Emojis. We're not far from ?.

There are a lot of teams easily identifiable by emoji if you know their nickname, mascot, and/or badge. Some could be applied to multiple teams but if you stick with the most obvious club.

Prem. ? ? ???.

Championship: ??????

League Two: ?⛵

I'd give the ? to Villa even though about a half dozen clubs would use it. Wednesday>Oldham. Maybe Ipswich should consider a change ?. The ? might be hard. I'd pick Brentford but some might do Barnet or even Burnley.

Hipsters will definitely fall for it, proper Juve fans not. They're in meltdown mode. lol

Doesn't help that the sponsor's name starts with the same letter, whilst being (deliberately?) placed right underneath the new club crest.

Edited by MC Prussian

Dortmund have just signed Alexander Isak for £8.2 million.... lollol just let that sink in for a minute... 

Ousmane Dembele, Emre Mor, Julian Weigl, Christian Pulisic & Alexander Isak.... All 21 and under

Edited by AjcW

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Dortmund have just signed Alexander Isak for £8.2 million.... lollol just let that sink in for a minute... 

Ousmane Dembele, Emre Mor, Julian Weigl, Christian Pulisic & Alexander Isak.... All 21 and under

And all be at Bayern before they're 23.

• Like 1

Interesting days in the final phase of this year's January transfer:

Patrice Evra leaves Juventus for Olympique Marseille, I wonder who'll replace him at the "Old Lady"? I suppose they'll be looking for another experienced RB as backup to Alex Sandro.

To all,

I am an undergraduate student at Loughborough University, who is studying fans opinions of British Policing methods in dealing with football hooliganism. I wondered if you had a spare 2 minutes you wouldn’t mind filling out this quick, anonymous survey.

https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-policing-of-british-football-hooligans

Thanks so much for your help in advance,

Jack

Darmstadt have released one of their players due to his link to a radical Islamic terrorist group. 

Me thinks they released him cos he's shit lol as if Leicester City would release Mahrez for free if he was linked to a terrorist group. Or Arsenal if Ozil was linked. 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38750949

Brilliant game between Betis and Barca.

Betis playing better, hit woodwork twice then went ahead. Barca respond and have 2 shots cleared off the line, one of which went over. Surprised there's no goalline technology in this league!

Hakan Calhanoglu is now banned for four months after the FIFA found the player guilty of a breach of contract - which means he'll miss out the rest of the season with Bayer Leverkusen. Back in 2011, he had signed a pre-contract with Trabzonspor whilst still with Karlsruhe, only to not fulfill his obligations and join Hamburger SV instead.

The objection was first submitted four years now... Wow, surely took their time with this!

I really don't understand how a club of Valencia's size with all of their resources can be so consistently bad for so long.

Makes getting rid of Nuno look ridiculous. Also vindicates Neville a little.

How hard can it be to hire a tidy coach? Loads would want to go there, they've got some fantastic players.

Watched  almost the full second half of the napoli-genoa game and I was really happy that I did. Quality football from quality players. Napoli's team is just outstanding, great goalkeeper, CBs that can pass, overlapping fullbacks and a great midfield. The only thing that they are missing is a world class striker but I think milik can do the job.

Edited by the fox