Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

If that was the point of that scene, which I doubt, she has set the whole of Westeros looking for Tyrion, paid Bronn to kill him just a few days before and has hated him her entire life. If that was the point of the scene then that is the very definition of lazy writing, creating an unrealistic scenario to further the plot/character arc because they are too lazy to find a realistic/credible way to get to the same point.

It’s not the entire point of the scene, but it’s reinforcing that she still has feelings for him deep inside, even if only a bit.

He already met her alone not that long ago and the mountain could have crushed him, but she let him go then as well.

The flip flopping of her emotions and wants is meant to show the conflict inside her. 

If if you really want to delve into it you could point to personal and non personal killings. The cinema mass shooter in the US specifically didn’t shoot anyone near him as psychologists think it was too personal, him shooting into the dark was seen as less personal and far easier for him. So you could follow the same train of thought and and it’s easier for her to have bunked off by someone else 100 miles away... but stood in front of her, her flesh and blood... it’s not as easy to to or watch.

I don’t think they’ve done a bad job at all.... it’s impossible to include every single storyline simply because the series will go on for centuries...

They have had to try and deviate around certain plots to ultimately come to the final goal, which will replicate the book ending. There no point living in denial, GRRM knows exactly how the story ends, he would have everything written up, he just have finalised things yet, so both he and the directors will know exactly where things are going, how they get there is another thing. 

Theres been a huge omission from the books which gets over looked, which is the arrival of the golden company, and Tyrion’s travel with the missing Aegon Targaryen... its the young griff story line for those who aren’t familiar. However the suggestion this young griff is the missing Targaryen is lose, as many believe him to be an imposter, to cover the true identity of the rightful heir. It seems like they have omitted this story line and gone straight for Jon being the missing Targaryen, it does mean it potentially gives away where the story is heading as the golden company were following the command of this Aegon to remove the then King a Tommen... so there is a clear deviation from the book, and some could say that the golden company are set to betray Cersei and follow Jon, after all their origins are from Targaryen bastards.

The other twist I can see is the revelation of Tyrion, a popular theory which was thought up early into the book series, is that he is actually a Targaryen, the bastard son of the mad king which I think would make sense... I won’t go on.

It must be difficult to direct something that isn’t finished, so certain things may look poorly written when actually they’re not... the loss of Rheaghal for me isn’t as big as some seem, not the writing as lazy as some seem because I believe there’s a mother****er of a story drop on its way.... I’ve enjoyed this series, and I think after the next episode all will make sense and those who doubt will be satisfied! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I don’t think they’ve done a bad job at all.... it’s impossible to include every single storyline simply because the series will go on for centuries...

They have had to try and deviate around certain plots to ultimately come to the final goal, which will replicate the book ending. There no point living in denial, GRRM knows exactly how the story ends, he would have everything written up, he just have finalised things yet, so both he and the directors will know exactly where things are going, how they get there is another thing. 

Theres been a huge omission from the books which gets over looked, which is the arrival of the golden company, and Tyrion’s travel with the missing Aegon Targaryen... its the young griff story line for those who aren’t familiar. However the suggestion this young griff is the missing Targaryen is lose, as many believe him to be an imposter, to cover the true identity of the rightful heir. It seems like they have omitted this story line and gone straight for Jon being the missing Targaryen, it does mean it potentially gives away where the story is heading as the golden company were following the command of this Aegon to remove the then King a Tommen... so there is a clear deviation from the book, and some could say that the golden company are set to betray Cersei and follow Jon, after all their origins are from Targaryen bastards.

The other twist I can see is the revelation of Tyrion, a popular theory which was thought up early into the book series, is that he is actually a Targaryen, the bastard son of the mad king which I think would make sense... I won’t go on.

It must be difficult to direct something that isn’t finished, so certain things may look poorly written when actually they’re not... the loss of Rheaghal for me isn’t as big as some seem, not the writing as lazy as some seem because I believe there’s a mother****er of a story drop on its way.... I’ve enjoyed this series, and I think after the next episode all will make sense and those who doubt will be satisfied! 

So, in your opinion, will we get more tits soon?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Well, if the script leak is to be believed, I think the majority of us are set to be disappointed in 2 episodes time.  Said script leak was spot on with regards to episode 4 btw.

I don’t believe the leak for the final two episodes.... it would not make any sense at all to finish it like that. Years of character building in the book destroyed by a seemingly completely unthought story line. 

On 09/05/2019 at 09:47, Captain... said:

The endings will be the same, he gave them the bare bones of the story, something like Jon comes back from dead retakes winterfell from Ramsey, NK gets dragon burns down wall is defeated by Arya at Winterfell, Bran becomes an insufferable **** etc including who ends up on the throne at the end, but the way GRRM gets there will be very different, no fast travel, no stupid decision making, and no short cuts, it’s why it’s taking the poor bugger so long to write his books are twice as complex as the tv shows and he won’t just pointlessly kill people off to tie up plot lines.

That doesn't make any sense, because in the last book the first aegon targaryean, son of rhaegar and Elia Martell is alive and well with an army attacking westeros. He doesn't even appear in the series though.

Edited by simFox

2 hours ago, simFox said:

That doesn't make any sense, because in the last book the first aegon targaryean, son of rhaegar and Elia Martell is alive and well with an army attacking westeros. He doesn't even appear in the series though.

Like I mentioned above there’s uncertainty around this in the book. Some believe that he is an imposter, which would mean that potentially eventually Jon would be revealed as the real Aegon.

However, having said all of that, the game of thrones fans forum suggest that GRRM has said he has had little input in the TV series, and he specifically requested the TV series be called “a game of thrones” and not “Songs of ice and fire” to completely separate the two... so perhaps we’re in for a terrible ending after all. 

Having never seen an episode of GoT, I must admit it’s mildly amusing listening to all of you who’ve invested so much time in it, now thinking it’s all turning to rat shit lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, simFox said:

The only explanation is it was only a sub plot in the book and had no direct impact on the story, like Tristan going to Dany and getting killed by the dragon or lady stone heart , we don’t see it on the show as it is not directly relevant to the main story and they had to cut some elements.

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Having never seen an episode of GoT, I must admit it’s mildly amusing listening to all of you who’ve invested so much time in it, now thinking it’s all turning to rat shit lol

It’s not rat shit it’s like season 1-5 was everything leading up to our title win. Relegation promotion sex scandals, racism, great escapes, heroes villains and normally wrapped up before the end of the season. Season 6 was like our post title season some shocks some highlights a lot of money spent but ultimately it was a disappointment and we said goodbye to a much loved character. (Ranieri = Hodor). So now it is like us under Puel it’s not bad and a lot better than what we expected when we started this journey. Because of what came before and all the extra money being thrown around our expectations are higher so we expect more and are severely disappointed by stupid lazy decisions and confused plans of attack. 

In this scenario Vardy is Jon Snow, Mahrez is Viserion (the dragon that grew into a powerful beast but switched sides to the northern team in ice blue and was pretty shit after).

Nigel is Dany, the rightful ruler betrayed and banished to other lands. 

Bran is Puel

Rudkin is Cersei

Edited by Captain...
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It’s not rat shit it’s like season 1-5 was everything leading up to our title win. Relegation promotion sex scandals, racism, great escapes, heroes villains and normally wrapped up before the end of the season. Season 6 was like our post title season some shocks some highlights a lot of money spent but ultimately it was a disappointment and we said goodbye to a much loved character. (Ranieri = Hodor). So now it is like us under Puel it’s not bad and a lot better than what we expected when we started this journey. Because of what came before and all the extra money being thrown around our expectations are higher so we expect more and are severely disappointed by stupid lazy decisions and confused plans of attack. 

In this scenario Vardy is Jon Snow, Mahrez is Viserion (the dragon that grew into a powerful beast but switched sides to the northern team in ice blue and was pretty shit after).

Bran is Puel

Rudkin is Cersei

Then who is Puel.... Tyrion the Targaryen?

47 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Bran is Puel

Rudkin is Cersei

You’re bonkers.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Well, if the script leak is to be believed, I think the majority of us are set to be disappointed in 2 episodes time.  Said script leak was spot on with regards to episode 4 btw.

Why on earth would you ruin years of anticipation by reading a script? That’s like saving yourself all day on a Sunday for roast dinner and then eating a tin of cold beans. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Then who is Puel.... Tyrion the Targaryen?

I did put Puel as Bran, mainly for his way of speaking but actually Puel is Tommen, seemed like the right person to rule after Joffrey’s disastrous reign but was undermined at every turn by his allies and subjects ultimately in trying to please everyone pleased no one and was very boring.

Edited by Captain...

13 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I did put Puel as Bran, mainly for his way of speaking but actually Puel is Tommen, seemed like the right person to rule after Joffrey’s disastrous reign but was undermined at every turn by his allies and subjects ultimately in trying to please everyone pleased no one and was very boring.

I actually meant Rodgers hahaha go knows why I out Puel..... his horrid reign is still etched into my brain! 

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

I’m getting into it now skipper ! ...     Nacho is Ned Stark ...   headless ...     :)

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I’m getting into it now skipper ! ...     Nacho is Ned Stark ...   headless ...     :)

I like it, but Ned Stark is honourable and a skilled fighter maybe Ned is Nigel his actions were the catalyst for it all but his honour cost him his head early on.

Nacho can be the one that Jon beheaded (Ser Janos Slynt). A bit part player who was always shit when he came on couldn’t follow orders from his leader still thought he was a big deal because he used to be a knight even though he had ended up at the wall and playing second fiddle to Jon Snow (Vardy).

• Like 1