Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

3 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I enjoyed the early seasons, I was able to tape them and then watch them on Tuesday’s when the Mrs was out, I called them titty Tuesdays. 

Tape them ? 

• Haha 1

Anyone who cares about how the season ends, I've got spoilers 

Dany wants to execute tyrion for freeing Jamie.

Tyrion tells Jon that his family won't be safe from the mad queen because he has the rightful claim to the throne.

Jon tries to talk some sense to Dany and she refuses.

Jon stabs Dany to death and then turns himself in.

There is a counsel to decide who should be the next king and they vote for ......... *drum rolls* Bran lol

Jon joins the night's watch again, Arya leaves, Sansa rules the north.

The end.

Edited by the fox

Got to give credit to the writers for this at least.

The way Jaime pushed Bran out of the window in S1 EP1 was an amazing foreshadowing to what the writers did to Jaime's character development this season.

Edited by the fox
  • Haha 1

Visually spectacular as usual, story/plot absolutely all over the place, what a total mess this last season has been.
  • Dany's transition to Mad Queen feels so forced/against her character. 7 seasons of her helping the innocents and wanting to free the world of tyrants and all of a sudden she's killing everyone in Kings Landing for no reason after they've all surrendered?
  • Euron Greyjoy has to be one of the worst characters in television history. Completely different to his book character, him washing up on shore and the whole fight with Jaime was just horrendously done.
  • Jaime's whole character arc over the past few seasons has been a waste of time then?
  • Really glad they took the time to introduce the Golden Company and repeatedly telling us there was 20,000 of them, looked like there was a few hundred at most- did they all die when Drogon blew up the Kings Landing gate? lol

I could go on and on. They are absolutely Dexter'ing this. What a bloody shame. 

Can't wait for next week when they inevitably team up to take Dany down, how disappointingly predictable. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Hide contents

My thoughts

• Dany's transition to Mad Queen feels so forced/against her character. 7 seasons of her helping the innocents and wanting to free the world of tyrants and all of a sudden she's killing everyone in Kings Landing for no reason after they've all surrendered?

Imo she has always had this mental side, she enjoyed her brother's head melting off, but people stabbing her in the back, losing Jorah (who I think kept her level headed), Miss Sunday and finding out Jon has a better claim to the throne has thrown her over the edge. Now anyone that thinks she shouldn't be Queen will be too scared to do anything about it. 

Euron Greyjoy has to be one of the worst characters in television history. Completely different to his book character, him washing up on shore and the whole fight with Jaime was just horrendously done.

Agreed. They butchered his character, he was much more interesting in the books.

• Jaime's whole character arc over the past few seasons has been a waste of time then?

I felt the same, but it actually kinda makes sense, being with Brienne made him realise he is made for only 1 person and I actually liked how they went out. His character changed a lot though, he wasn't the guy that would push lil kids out of towers anymore.

but that episode was ****ING MENTAL and has redeemed a lot of the shite parts of this season for me.

• Like 3

Yeah there’s nothing forced about Dany becoming the mad queen, they’ve been laying the groundwork for a long time. They’ve just accelerated it this season because of only having 6 episodes, much like everything in season 7 & 8 has been rushed 

• Like 1

Cersei and Jaime's death really made me sad somehow. I hated Cersei before the ep and hoped Jaime was going to kill her, but it was a pretty poetic ending, trying to find a way out and then holding each other as the building collapses around them. Damn. Add the woman and her daughter burning to death... brutal episode for feels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

My thoughts

Hide contents

Imo she has always had this mental side, she enjoyed her brother's head melting off, but people stabbing her in the back, losing Jorah (who I think kept her level headed), Miss Sunday and finding out Jon has a better claim to the throne has thrown her over the edge. Now anyone that thinks she shouldn't be Queen will be too scared to do anything about it. 

Euron Greyjoy has to be one of the worst characters in television history. Completely different to his book character, him washing up on shore and the whole fight with Jaime was just horrendously done.

Agreed. They butchered his character, he was much more interesting in the books.

I felt the same, but it actually kinda makes sense, being with Brienne made him realise he is made for only 1 person and I actually liked how they went out. His character changed a lot though, he wasn't the guy that would push lil kids out of towers anymore.

but that episode was ****ING MENTAL and has redeemed a lot of the shite parts of this season for me.

Please i'm not the only one that sees the sense in Jaime 'returning to the dark side'.

He loves Cersei and has done some seriously ****ed up shit to keep her safe. He needed to come back to Kings Landing and be with Cersei for his arc to be complete IMO.

I think this episode was one of the best of the current season (I wasn't overly impressed with the battle of Winterfell). But this Season is by far the worst. The wriiting is all over the place.

I do agree that all the clue's were there for Dany to become to mad queen. She has shown no mercy on many occasions from S1. Death of her Brother, locking her assistant and the 'King' of Quarth in the vault, burning Tarly's alive etc. I think it is good how her Father went mad, shouting 'Burn them all' and that's exactly what Dany has done with Drogon.

I think Cersei Dany will kill Tyrion next, possibly Jon Snow also and Arya comes and kills Dany - Thrown goes to Sansa. I did think that Little Finger was still alive (Using the faceless Man coin when being told his time is up) but that doesnt seem the be the case.

Edited by CollinsLCFC

9 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Hide contents

I think this episode was one of the best of the current season (I wasn't overly impressed with the battle of Winterfell). But this Season is by far the worst. The wriiting is all over the place.

I do agree that all the clue's were there for Dany to become to mad queen. She has shown no mercy on many occasions from S1. Death of her Brother, locking her assistant and the 'King' of Quarth in the vault, burning Tarly's alive etc. I think it is good how her Father went mad, shouting 'Burn them all' and that's exactly what Dany has done with Drogon.

I think Cersei will kill Tyrion next, possibly Jon Snow also and Arya comes and kills Dany - Thrown goes to Sansa. I did think that Little Finger was still alive (Using the faceless Man coin when being told his time is up) but that doesnt seem the be the case.

I know people think the writing has been bad, but come on lol 

• Haha 2

The main problem is the development of so many characters has been rushed to **** these last 2 seasons.

I personally don’t think they gave us enough dodgy Dany moments for this to feel natural? I guess they gave us the important ones though, and maybe I’ve just been bad at reading them. I know she’d done some pretty bad shit in the past but I always felt she had good reason. I know a few lads who have been calling this for a couple of years now though.

Closing out the show with a 7 ep and 6 ep pair of seasons was a big mistake ultimately. But again I wonder if they could’ve done any more without George’s work  sat there for them? [spoiler/]