Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

10 minutes ago, shen said:

As well as Viserion (again) and Rhaegal(?)

There was some site online that stated that Rheagal survived although injured, cant remember what though.

Even then, I just have a feeling all the Dragons will die but they will leave some eggs behind.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2019 at 15:25, Finnegan said:

Hide contents

"Jorah, Mellisandre and Theon are all pretty major characters and major arcs to have closed though.

As is the Night King himself. 

The Hound needs to survive to confront the Mountain, the Lannister boys needed to survive to confront Bronn and Cersei. Danny and Jon had to survive to resolve their conflict over their lineage (let's be honest, one of them is gonna be on the throne at the end) and they probably need Sam to be part of that, especially given Sam is now pissed at Danny.

Greyworm had to survive because Jorah and the Dothraki are dead so Danny has to have SOMEONE that can lead her army. 

We could have lost Briene but she probably has more to do with Jaime still. We could have lost Pod or Tormund but let's be honest, you're getting down to fairly lesser characters now that wouldn't satisfy anyone's expectation that major characters die. 

I get what you mean, the way it was filmed with so many of the above looking CLOSE to death but still surviving was a bit cheesy but in plot narrative it makes sense to be fair, the outcome that is."

But the point is exactly that the story felt as though it did not provide plot armor. Some arcs become unresolved or end in a not satisfying way. The rules have changed and that's what I understand a lot are frustrated about. Not to mentioned the OTT last-ditch heroics and impeccable timing, which again, was not present earlier and gave the story a gritty feel.

Edited by shen

2 hours ago, shen said:

But it could easily be said at Blackwater, the last ditch heroics of Tywin saved Tyrion, Cersei etc. And Stannis at the Wall saved everyone there. It’s always been the case hasn’t it, in the big battles? Not to mention the amount of times Jon seemed certain to die in the Botb

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shen said:

Jon Snow

Literally tried to roar at a dragon. 1.

****ing howling. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Goober said:

But it could easily be said at Blackwater, the last ditch heroics of Tywin saved Tyrion, Cersei etc. And Stannis at the Wall saved everyone there. It’s always been the case hasn’t it, in the big battles? Not to mention the amount of times Jon seemed certain to die in the Botb

Yeah, it's gotten worse over time, to the point where I actually lost all interest after last season's nonsensical debacles. 

I only watch season 8 as I'm 'pot committed' and my friends and family are excited. Some heroics is obviously needed to make the main characters stand out (a la Tyrion showing bravery in the face of Joffrey's cowardice), but the clichéd timings has now  gone way over the top. It's no fun when you expect them, which I wasn't at the Battle of Blackwater for example. 

Edited by shen
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The storytelling and script has definitely suffered since they overtook the books. Which is to be expected really.

Yes and no. Of course Weiss & Benioff are not Martin, but surely they could spend some of their huge budget on decent scripwriters and not spunk it all on CGI and special effects.

It's just so Hollywood...

I read another theory on the Night King yesterday.  Brilliantly argued but far too complex for the simpleton writers on the show we have now.

We're not going to get closure on it imo, they said pretty much that on the behind the scenes follow up to the last episode.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Fvck me ! ...   that’s 2 minutes of my life gone forever reading that bolox ! ...    :)

And it took me another minute to scroll past it for a 2nd time after you had quoted it ?

• Haha 4

On 01/05/2019 at 20:35, shen said:

Have you noticed, it's another small waif of a girl,who grabs the headlines..!!!

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Fvck me ! ...   that’s 2 minutes of my life gone forever reading that bolox ! ...    :)

2 minutes?! 

Thats bollocks!! 

You can only write in shorthand mate!!!