Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Fast travel is back at its very finest in the latest episode.  lol

Well, they did say that some time does pass between scenes to speed up the narrative with there being less episodes for season 7, so the same was going to go with season 8, though they could have made up more time by just combining all the chit chat from episodes 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

Well, they did say that some time does pass between scenes to speed up the narrative with there being less episodes for season 7, so the same was going to go with season 8, though they could have made up more time by just combining all the chit chat from episodes 1 and 2.

Having now watched 4 hours and 40 minutes of this season it doesn't take long to summarise what has come to pass.

As expected the NK has now been  shunned to one side and we're left with more filler and a lack of substance once again.  He will never be explained at all.  I'm convinced of that.  I can't see the purpose of Bran in the remaining 2 hours 40 minutes.

Two episodes left to wrap it up to what already feels like an unsatisfactory conclusion in the making.

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I thought it was a very tense episode with what looks like a lot of misdirection going on, got to say I think it’s as good as could be expected. 

It made a good comeback today.Couldnt care less about the NK though.That story line was getting ridiculous ?

Ep was ok but writing all over the place again. They screwed up deciding to end the season so early, now things happen too quick and not a lot makes sense.

hey Dany, how about looking around while riding your dragons in case giant armies with massive spears appear. Do some ****ing scouting 

Also it's dumb Cersei didn't kill them all at the end. She lets Dany go off and come back with an army and pissed off dragon. 

Edited by lgfualol

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Having now watched 4 hours and 40 minutes of this season it doesn't take long to summarise what has come to pass.

As expected the NK has now been  shunned to one side and we're left with more filler and a lack of substance once again.  He will never be explained at all.  I'm convinced of that.  I can't see the purpose of Bran in the remaining 2 hours 40 minutes.

Two episodes left to wrap it up to what already feels like an unsatisfactory conclusion in the making.

If you want any questions answered regarding the NK, there is supposed to be a number of spin offs, one starting filming later this year set during the time period of his making I think.

As for this season, it appears they are rushing through the plot points, giving us the bones with no real meat, they should probably have done things properly with full length seasons and more of them but I'm guessing they did not want to fund them.

Remember reading some time ago the longer a series goes on the more expensive it becomes due to actors contracts etc.,

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

With how they "concluded" the NK part, I'm finding it difficult to see why Bran is even in the story at all.

You could actually get rid of him from the whole show and I don't think it would make any difference to the plot.

• Like 1

Can't belive after 8 seasons we've now resorted to Euron bloody Greyjoy and his teleporting invisible ships. So disappointing. How on earth did he hit every shot fired at Rhaegal but not hit a thing as Dany was flying directly at him? 

lol 

I'm really pissed off by the NK's story. 8 seasons of building him up and it feels now like he was just an annoyance and distraction. They just defeated his army and nobody gave a ****, I thought it would be a big deal to the world - humanity is saved! Nope. Cersei and everyone bar our heroes have probably already forgotten. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Anyone who doesn't understand the NK's story hasn't been paying attention. They ended it swiftly I agree, but they had to really. And they did it about as satisfyingly as possible given their constraints this season. 

I really liked this week's episode. Much more than last week's battle. Back to what makes the show good, which is character driven episodes. 

It swings the door wide open again, and like you say the character development is really taking shape... so interesting as to what to happens next! 

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Reveal hidden contents

Even Wintertell has a ****ing Starbucks. 

B23E50C4-B7AC-4EE1-ADF4-66E4F8099422.thumb.jpeg.798cda62ed72f65d667d22850f7b12e3.jpeg

Danaerys Stormborn. Mother Of Dragons, Breaker Of Chains, Drinker Of Soy Vanilla Latte. 

Edited by The Bear

17 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I enjoyed this episode, I’m very anxious about what is to happen ? question is, what is Euron looking at? Can’t just be Drogon, as he will expect it, it will either be Rheagar or something bigger.......

I assume Dany just teleported back to Winterfell and asked Gendry to craft some armour for Drogon :D