Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

The writing is absolute dogshit, they've really ****ed the season up in all honesty.

Still entertaining as a spectacle but trite and devoid of verisimilitude.

The quality of the acting is carrying it hard.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

If you watch the opening credits closely at the last of those rings that appear on screen, you can see one large dragon with three smaller dragons charging towards something, potential for more of our fiery lizards to appear? 

I believe the big dragon is meant to be Dany? Think the image is meant to depict the red comet in season 1 and the birth of Dany's dragons

Drogon went MIA in Season 5, was spotted in Valyria by Jorah and Tyrion and often goes there when not with Daenerys. 

It's not beyond the realms that he/she laid eggs and the dragons are now large enough to do battle in King's Landing. The look of fear on Euron's face at the end of the Episode 5 trailer accompanied by a dragon's scream suggests he's seeing more than just Drogon. 

I can understand the complaints with the way some things have been handled this season (all feels a little rushed, a 10 ep season would have been better) but let's not go too hyperbolic here - it's still a quality show, just a drop from exceptional to merely very good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bilo said:

Drogon went MIA in Season 5, was spotted in Valyria by Jorah and Tyrion and often goes there when not with Daenerys. 

It's not beyond the realms that he/she laid eggs and the dragons are now large enough to do battle in King's Landing. The look of fear on Euron's face at the end of the Episode 5 trailer accompanied by a dragon's scream suggests he's seeing more than just Drogon. 

Prefer to think Drogon has done a pigeon type shit and Euron gets it full in the face, Monty Python style :crylaugh:

Can I take some time here to ask a really dim question, as I've no idea.

Why didn't Cersi, who just callously chopped someone's head off in cold blood, not shoot the stationary dragon and Dany there and then? Knocking out the "last dragon" and the one who wants her to abdicate would've solved a lot of her problems (Snow notwithstanding, of course).

What am I missing other than it being a plot device?

Edited by Footballwipe

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Why didn't Cersi, who just callously chopped someone's head off in cold blood, not shoot the stationary dragon and Dany there and then? Knocking out the "last dragon" and the one who wants her to abdicate would've solved a lot of her problems (Snow notwithstanding, of course).

Also, why didn't the dragons take out Eurons' armada with fire?

We're meant to beleive they were stationed just far enough away as to not get his by the giant cross bow.

Would doing something like that finally turn the whole country against her? 

Think her playing the the victim  against the big mean foreign invader is what has brought her some support with the people. Doing something like that may have turned people against her again, though if she had killed Dany there, maybe those who sympathise with her would’ve thanked her for it.

Or maybe she just didn’t want to risk missing the Dragon.

Either way, it was a great scene, so I’ll readily forgive any plot holes tbh.