Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Weale back to Yeovil?

I'd trust him over Weale in the Prem

The guy actually came out and said he wanted to play here at some point too

I remember him having a great time here, and we even put a bid of 1mil in at one point

I wouldnt mind him as backup for Kasper, when Weale leaves :fc:

I'd trust him over Weale in the Prem

The guy actually came out and said he wanted to play here at some point too

I remember him having a great time here, and we even put a bid of 1mil in at one point

I wouldnt mind him as backup for Kasper, when Weale leaves :fc:

Why would he go from being West Brom's back up to our back up? Seems a poor career choice.

People are going to have to remember FFP rules again here. I don't think Pearson will be off signing expensive back up keepers to sit on bench (if that! He's not a fan of keepers on bench).

I think Weale will move on with probably the cheaper wage options Logan and Smith as backups, which would help free up some wages as we're probably tight on the FFP rules with our spending past season

And still, Conrad Logan quietly goes about his business, lurking in the shadows, waiting for his chance to leap out and seize the day...

He must be the club's longest serving senior player now.

He IS the longest serving player - 10 years next year, since coming from Ireland as a Youth team keeper. And it looks like he'll be staying - he's on the Academy tour to Thailand (him and Waggie are the only senior players) and I doubt that he's be going there, unless they think he's still got a future at the club (otherwise, he'd have been released by now). I couldn't believe reading he's 26 now !

The problem with Weale going is that I can't think of any decent keeper who would be prepared to come here and be understudy to Schmeichel.

To be fair, I don't play football manager and I don't have the encyclopaedic knowledge of football players that many on here have.

But...is there a case that we might be better off keeping him?

He IS the longest serving player - 10 years next year, since coming from Ireland as a Youth team keeper. And it looks like he'll be staying - he's on the Academy tour to Thailand (him and Waggie are the only senior players) and I doubt that he's be going there, unless they think he's still got a future at the club (otherwise, he'd have been released by now). I couldn't believe reading he's 26 now !

Aren't players due a testimonial after 10 years? lol

Wonder who'll join in for that occasion...

Never quite the same since I think it was Sheffield United when he was dropped after a decent performance and his confidence took a battering, but I wish him well as he has had some great moments playing for us.

• 1 month later...

Really hope he does well, he'll be remembered for those 2 or 3 awful mistakes, but I thought he was one of our best players during his first season here TBH.

Really hope he does well, he'll be remembered for those 2 or 3 awful mistakes, but I thought he was one of our best players during his first season here TBH.

yeah because we were set up not to lose rather then try to win games, the moment he loses that protection he is a liability

yeah because we were set up not to lose rather then try to win games, the moment he loses that protection he is a liability

When did I say that wasn't the case? :dunno:

Still it worked pretty well.

Archived