Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Weale back to Yeovil?

http://www.ciderspac...ewsItemId=17255

Yeovil Town manager Gary Johnson has said that he wouldn't rule out a move to bring former goalkeeper Chris Weale back to Huish Park. The 30 year old is currently on the books of Leicester City, but a succession of injuries, managerial changes and in-game errors have combined to see him drop out of contention at the King Power Stadium.

Johnson of course knows Weale extremely well, having given him his first team debut at Huish Park, after he had risen through the Youth Team ranks at the club. The East Coker player also played under him at Bristol City for three years, albeit as a second choice keeper, and left Ashton Gate for the Foxes three years ago in search of first team football.

Initially that happened, with Wealey having made 87 appearances at Championship level, but this season has seen him drop out of favour and he has not made a Leicester first team appearance since September 2011. A loan spell with Northampton Town was ill-fated, as three games into his time at Sixfields, a serious knee injury in February put him out for the rest of the season.

Johnson has told BBC Somerset that he would be willing to consider talks with the player, but points out that such matters might fall down on the sort of wages he is likely to be on now:

"The finances that they are on when they get to that level is three or four times more than us, or even more. So unless you can get them on loan or they want to do you a favour - Wealey would be great of course - it would be lovely to see him. But I don't know what his situation is. Is he injured? He's been injured for a long long time. But certainly he's on the list. It would be a very expensive one if we were to bring him in, unless you can do a deal with him and he wants to come back home. You never know, do you?"

As Johnson suggests, another question would be that of his fitness - at the time of his injury, both Leicester and Northampton indicated that Weale would require surgery, but have not indicated how long they expect him to be out of action for. The fact that Johnson doesn't know the answer to this question perhaps gives a clue as to how far up his list Wealey lies at present.

Still don't know why he never worked on his positioning.

On a good day an excellent keeper and surely a very decent guy (that's if you listen to his interviews), but whenever he's had a nightmare, it was a proper nightmare.

I think I need more than one hand for all the goals against from long range. And that's one hand too many.

Probably will leave, but he got a bit too much stick.

No he isnt as good as Kasper, bt was part of a team that made the Po's, just had a few flaws in his game like positioning and balls in the air.

Had more good games than bad though i think.

Had a fantastic season in the play-off campaign... obviously things have not worked out since then.

I think it would be best for all parties if he moved on. I would thank him for his service and I see no reason why he couldn't, with a fresh start, go on and be a success again.

Fair play Wealey but I think if you have the chance of first team football you've got to take it!

Probably will leave, but he got a bit too much stick.

No he isnt as good as Kasper, bt was part of a team that made the Po's, just had a few flaws in his game like positioning and balls in the air.

same as kasper then. kaspers class at stopping long range shots though.

Teams worked him out after the playoffs, he couldn't deal with long shots at all, footwork was all over the place.

Good luck to him though, never once complained or unsettled anyone publically which shows the character of the man really. Nice bloke too.

Teams worked him out after the playoffs, he couldn't deal with long shots at all, footwork was all over the place.

Good luck to him though, never once complained or unsettled anyone publically which shows the character of the man really. Nice bloke too.

Great post. Agree 100%

It will cost us money to get rid of him though unless he requests a transfer as he will not be able to earn as much there as he can here. May as well keep him until his contract runs down and keep him as back up. He is adequate enough as a back up.

It will cost us money to get rid of him though unless he requests a transfer as he will not be able to earn as much there as he can here. May as well keep him until his contract runs down and keep him as back up. He is adequate enough as a back up.

His contract is up in a month's time.

Archived