Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I ditched Fleabag after one episode. The lead character was a nasty entitled piece of work. 

Brave opinion, and credit to you for going against the flow. I'm kinda with you without sharing that exact view. For me, it simply didn't work. I tried to watch the first episode (twice in fact, second time because I thought I must be missing something) but it just didn't click with me. Some stuff, I can sit through and at least give it a chance. With Fleabag, I just thought it was rubbish and called a halt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mabrah said:

Brave opinion, and credit to you for going against the flow. I'm kinda with you without sharing that exact view. For me, it simply didn't work. I tried to watch the first episode (twice in fact, second time because I thought I must be missing something) but it just didn't click with me. Some stuff, I can sit through and at least give it a chance. With Fleabag, I just thought it was rubbish and called a halt. 

I couldn’t get it either, and I did try. I hate almost all shows where they acknowledge or talk to the camera. It just loses any authenticity instantly. I want to be immersed not interactive.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 22:55, bmt said:

Nice birthday present for me. Going to rewatch the first two beforehand. Can’t wait

Season one was near perfect in my opinion, season two was not to everyone's taste but I enjoyed it, season three I'm looking forwards to, should be interesting to see where it goes.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

The date at the end of ep1 was what turned me against her. She portrayed herself as a merely flawed normal person. But the way she treated that poor bloke was unnecessary and cuntish in the extreme.

BIN.

it’s not real you know. 

but also yeah, will be in the camp of having watched the first ep 2 times and the whole first series once just to try and work out if it was even meant to be funny. not really sure still. 

6 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Just started watching Suits

Imo, it was good light entertainment to start with but overstays its welcome. I got bored with it when they started to expand storylines from the original concept - it ran out of ideas pretty quickly and became samey and dull. I think it hoped you'd become interested in the characters and their relationships, but I personally couldn't.. I didn't get past season 2.

Edited by mabrah
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mabrah said:

Imo, it was good light entertainment to start with but overstays its welcome. I got bored with it when they started to expand storylines from the original concept - it ran out of ideas pretty quickly and became samey and dull. I think it hoped you'd become interested in the characters and their relationships, but I personally couldn't.. I didn't get past season 2.

Will carry on watching and see how I get on. 3 episodes in and I am impressed.

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Episode 2 of Picard.  Brilliant.  The story brewing up in this one is excellent.  And I read reviews which criticise a slow pace?  lol  Discovery is too fast, Picard is too slow.  Just what is wrong with people?  

Wasn't expecting that woman Admiral to drop an F bomb, never heard swearing in Star Trek before 

I started watching the Tim Minchin thing Upright on sky last night. It's not too bad really, ended up watching the first 4 in a row. I went to see him live a few months ago, my girlfriend is a huge fan of his whereas I've always been pretty indifferent, but live he was very very good. Appears to be a decent actor too.

On 27/01/2020 at 20:10, Legend_in_blue said:

To fully appreciate it you need to have watched all of the movies from TNG cast (I guess you could get away with First Contact and Nemesis at a minimum) and a handful of episodes from TNG.  TNG episodes would include all Borg related episodes, although it is still unclear how they tie in with this new series as yet, and also some involving Data.  The early episode in S2 where Picard defends Data's rights as an individual life form and so on.  

Ah right.   Apologies for using an overused gif but it is so apt in this scenario.   

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 31/01/2020 at 09:42, Kopic said:

I started watching the Tim Minchin thing Upright on sky last night. It's not too bad really, ended up watching the first 4 in a row. I went to see him live a few months ago, my girlfriend is a huge fan of his whereas I've always been pretty indifferent, but live he was very very good. Appears to be a decent actor too.

I really enjoyed Upright, it was funny af at times but low also low key heart wrenching. 

I was pretty totes emosh at the end ngl.