Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 22/01/2020 at 11:38, Innovindil said:

Picard starts tomorrow on amazon. Can't wait! :frantics:

I'm tempted to just stream it tonight even though I have Prime lol

Didn't have to wait long.  Prime had it available by 11pm.  Suffice to say I've watched it.  

You're in for a treat.  It's bloody brilliant.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

On 19/01/2020 at 20:11, Innovindil said:

I'm actually enjoying batwoman too. Hard to keep track of them all now though. Dropped legends and supergirl a while back, but superman is getting his own spinoff now so might have to pick it back up. And then there's arrow and the canaries in production where Mia takes over from Oliver so that's gonna be added to the list. 

Crossovers are gonna have a lot to juggle with this lot. lol

How could you drop Legends-  best one out of all CW superheroes series

Then again I only really watch Flash and Legends  but did not click with Arrow and Supergirl from what that I have seen  lol 

20 hours ago, The Syrup said:

Decent first episode I thought. I'm not a huge Trek fan, last series I got into was TNG back in the day. Will definitely give the rest of the series a go.

18 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm tempted to just stream it tonight even though I have Prime lol

Didn't have to wait long.  Prime had it available by 11pm.  Suffice to say I've watched it.  

You're in for a treat.  It's bloody brilliant.

13 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Omg I loved it. Could be a belter of a series. :D

Stoked for this, will binge watch over the weekend. 

• Haha 1

I've just seen the opening episode of Picard and thought it was very good with a lot of promise. The story was interesting, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how it develops. Although I get Prime mostly for the free delivery, these additional perks thrown in are most welcome.

Edited by Uranyl Yellow

Last series of Curb starts tomorrow on Sky Comedy.

Don't want to raise too much expectation but the opener is the highest rated episode ever on IMDB.

27 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Out of interest,  would a first timer enjoy Picard series or do you need to be a Trekkie to appreciate it?

To fully appreciate it you need to have watched all of the movies from TNG cast (I guess you could get away with First Contact and Nemesis at a minimum) and a handful of episodes from TNG.  TNG episodes would include all Borg related episodes, although it is still unclear how they tie in with this new series as yet, and also some involving Data.  The early episode in S2 where Picard defends Data's rights as an individual life form and so on.  

So we have only 1 episode of Power left before it ends. I'm not sure what to make of these last 6 episodes. Each episode is geared around 1 character and their final moments. Problem is some of these episodes have been about characters that aren't very exciting. So I feel like i'm just grinding my way to the final episode next week. Real shame as i've loved Power. Ill still be gutted when it finishes. I just hope the last episode wraps it all up nicely.

Im getting a hint of Game of Thrones though in that the final episodes were just so bad that it puts a blotch on the series as a whole.