Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tomhemz

where do players live?

John Farrington lived in a bungalow in Anson road Shepshed in the early seventies. I worked in a small garage on charnwood road at the time and he used to call in for petrol . He then had his car serviced by us and he was a regular visitor in the afternoons after training. He liked working on cars and he would love rolling his sleeves up and was quite happy cleaning oil off engines and the like. Heaven knows what health and safety would make of it nowadays, but hey he loved it.He was big mates with David Nish at the time and he brought his cars in for service once or twice also. I remember John had a large Afghan hound at the time and on more than one occasion he called round at the garage in cold sweat because the bloody hound had escaped. We would drop everything and set of in different directions scouring Shepshed for the hairy sod. to my reccolection he was always found safe and well , quite often peeing up a tree in tickow lane or the like. Happy Days.

I was looking at a house to rent in Nether Broughton recently and pulled out as was told by agent a City player (un-named) was doing a second viewing on it that evening ..... and was taking his mum along to see it with him ! Nice pad, but seems a bit 'quiet' for a footy player ?? Can't imagine many girls from Debenhams' make-up counter go in the Anchor on a Saturday night ???

Gallagher lives nearish to blackpool. I only know cause his wife tweets pictures of lytham, where I work all the time

Fellow Blackpool fox! Gallagher lives on the road that the 'Ashiana' restaurant is on

I know knocks gets the train back to France after every game, someone told me he sprint for the train to Paris every after match, not even kidding.

He does jog to the train station after every game accompanied by a Leicester trainer.

I doubt he goes back to France though...

I was looking at a house to rent in Nether Broughton recently and pulled out as was told by agent a City player (un-named) was doing a second viewing on it that evening ..... and was taking his mum along to see it with him ! Nice pad, but seems a bit 'quiet' for a footy player ?? Can't imagine many girls from Debenhams' make-up counter go in the Anchor on a Saturday night ???

Out of interest, which road was this on? I can only imagine the looks they would get if they did turn up in the Anchor! I'm sure Paul anderson still has a house in Broughton.

Gordon Banks used to live on paddock close in Quorn, I washed his car a couple of times when I was a kid he only game me a fiver, mind you it was 20 years ago then he moved to Stoke. Rab Douglas used to live in Quorn too I seen him buying a few things in Bradleys and he droped his change!

1993?

Archived