Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Away From Home

The King Power has become a Fortress under Pearson. Four wins at home, against two of the better sides in the division suggests Pearson has got it right.

Today's game was one of the best performances I've seen in a long time. It was 3-1 but could have been 5-1 no problem.

We were energetic, efficient and clinical.

What do we now do away from home? To have a realistic shout at promotion we need to start following up home wins with picking up points away.

How do we do this? Do we stick with how we play at home and see it comes good? Or not?

Opinions please.

Carry on as we are. We have been very unlucky away from home and had we taken our chances, we would have come away with more points.

The key factor for me is that we turn up for the full 90 minutes as our first half away performances so far have put us too far behind to come back in the second half. IF we nail this, then we shall start picking up points away from home.

Alright Col? Agreed, we were excellent today.

IMHO we're not going too far wrong away from home, we've not had much luck and hopefully that will turn. We were the better side against Blackburn and Wolves - I think once we get an away win under our belts we could really start to compete.

I think we have largely have had bad luck on the road so far, and have deserved points, but they're yet to come. Maybe a slower more conserved approach to start the next few away matches, and aim to attack more towards the end of the match. But if we carry on the form we are playing overall, I see no reason why we can't carry on picking up momentum. We're playing smarter, Knocky starting is proving to be a great decision, we have a hard-working squad who aren't making stupid mistakes left and right... Think we may well be in for a great season - maybe not a promotion season, but the foundations are looking to be there

I don't think there is one correct answer to be honest. Personally I like to take the initiative in games and try and score the first goal rather than keep it tight and see what happens. It is not without risk though and we have been punished already this season for being adventurous on the road. That being said just one win from our three away games would have seen us right up there. I hate watching teams drop deep, concede territory and not offer any meaningful attack until they go behind but it is just personal opinion.

Don't play a different system with different players, we need consistency so that the players get good at playing the way NP wants them rather than mixing it up every other game.

However, as other posters have said, modifying our tactics - maybe a slower style and letting the home team come at us could be to our advantage especially with our pace on the break. This style is more effective when playing away from home. But theres not much wrong tbh.

I think we're too attacking away from home, what i like to see but its clearly too costly! so maybe we need to play more counter attack football. Not quite sit back but try hold possession for long as possible to frustrate the home side making them come out of their normal positions.

Carry on as we are. We have been very unlucky away from home and had we taken our chances, we would have come away with more points.

The key factor for me is that we turn up for the full 90 minutes as our first half away performances so far have put us too far behind to come back in the second half. IF we nail this, then we shall start picking up points away from home.

Yep, agree with this.

Wouldnt change a thing really, just need the defence to stay as tight as it is at home and make sure we take our chances. Easier said than done of course but im sure you know what I mean, weve not done a lot wrong away from home weve just been very unlucky. Same team for Middlesborough, make a decision on the team for Huddersfield depending on the performance on Sat

Finishing bloody chances and tightening up a bit. We would EASILY have come away with a minimum of a point from each game away.

Let's see how we get on now we are a bit more settled and Le God is in the team.

These

Piece of piss to sort out...... :thumbup:

From todays starting lineup, on saturday we need to bring in King for either Marshall or Vardy, not that fussed which one.

Three in midfield with either Marshall and Knockert supporting Nugent (4-3-2-1) or Knockeart behind Nugent and Vardy (4-3-1-2)

I prefer the first option but would be perfectly happy with the second....... :thumbup:

4-2-3-1 is the best formation in football imo, and we can comfortably field a side perfect for it. It has the solidity to be played away from home and is set up such that it can be adapted to a pretty much any other formation with a small shuffle or a substitution. Team for Boro for me has to be:

Schmeichs

RDL

Morgan

SSL or Whitbread

Konch

Drinks

King

Marshall

Knocky

Vardy

Nugent

Why don't we just do what we do best? It doesn't matter if we're home or away - only is it a mental advantage. If we keep doing what we're doing we won't get much wrong over the course of the season. Nugent has 4 in 2, Vardy was extremely unlucky yesterday. I'd hate for us to change and become overly defensive!

Why don't we just do what we do best? It doesn't matter if we're home or away - only is it a mental advantage. If we keep doing what we're doing we won't get much wrong over the course of the season. Nugent has 4 in 2, Vardy was extremely unlucky yesterday. I'd hate for us to change and become overly defensive!

I'd agree with this.

If you look at the Wolves game, the loss had nothing to with the formation or not being defensive enough. We conceded from 2 basic set piece errors which can and will be sorted im sure. Had we of defended set pieces better, we'd of not lost that game

I'd agree with this.

If you look at the Wolves game, the loss had nothing to with the formation or not being defensive enough. We conceded from 2 basic set piece errors which can and will be sorted im sure. Had we of defended set pieces better, we'd of not lost that game

Errrr........ :o

Reality check people, points achieved away from home, nil..... :(

Clean sheets, nil..... :(

It's not about being defensive, it's about a formation that suits us and works well, this has not been the case in any of our away games this season, we have to change...... :thumbup:

For me it's all about tempo. If we go at them from the start then we will win. Away from home we have started with a degree of lethargy and have looked timid, then we go a goal behind and think "ok, now we attack". It's like my son's football team - believeing they will lose to start with, taking a big punch and then thinking "that aint so bad" and then going out to win. NP needs to raise confidence and motivate them with positives before the start of the game.

We need to play hard to beat when were away from home. More concentration on the defence, making it as difficult as possible for the home team to score. Do this by either having 5 at the back with wing backs, or just allowing de laet to get forward on occasions. Being disciplined about how we approach the game, frustrating the opponents and possibly pinch 3 points in the last 20 minutes by bringing on the right substitutes. IMO

The King Power has become a Fortress under Pearson. Four wins at home, against two of the better sides in the division suggests Pearson has got it right.

Today's game was one of the best performances I've seen in a long time. It was 3-1 but could have been 5-1 no problem.

We were energetic, efficient and clinical.

What do we now do away from home? To have a realistic shout at promotion we need to start following up home wins with picking up points away.

How do we do this? Do we stick with how we play at home and see it comes good? Or not?

Opinions please.

i personally only think we need to tweek the way we play away from home. i didnt see how we played yesterday Col because sadly i was working again ( i fookin hate the fact i miss the city so much doing the job i do) but by the sounds of it we are getting slowly better. Fingers crossed we start turning the corner away from home

i personally only think we need to tweek the way we play away from home. i didnt see how we played yesterday Col because sadly i was working again ( i fookin hate the fact i miss the city so much doing the job i do) but by the sounds of it we are getting slowly better. Fingers crossed we start turning the corner away from home

Yesterday mate we were very very good.

Away from home I'd drop Drinky and King/James deeper, have one up front and have Marshall tucking in.

James/King. Drinky

Knocky. Marshall. Vardy

Nuge

Summat a bit like that...

Archived