Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Cardiff Match Thread

I'm not really sure how that works. Why have one winger on and not two? Why not have two up front?

Either Nugent will be playing on the wing or I guess Drinkwater could be playing on the right.

Guest BlueBrett

I dont understand, because it looks like it will be 433 but why not go 4 5 1 with 2 actual wingers instead of playing Nugent there.

I can only think it must be because Knocky has been as shit in training as he has been on match day recently

We do need a player that is more physical, Wellens is that player, but this is the wrong game for him. Cardiff will no doubt play fast flowing football, as apose to Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds.

Absolute and utter joke in all honesty, shows how limited our options are when we have to call on Wellens.

People on Twitter say give him a chance...to that I say fook off.

However for the first time in a while, apart from Vardy I'm really liking our bench.

Wellens selection is a joke though, 4-3-3, which will more than likely turn 4-5-1.

Bring on a 3-0 loss.

Anyone know the Cardiff team?

Marshall, Connolly, Taylor, Hudson ©, Nugent, Conway, Gunnarsson, Whittingham, Noone, Smith, Campbell. Subs: Lewis, McNaughton, Cowie, Kim, Gestede, Mason, Bellamy.

I'm pleased to see the Schlupp and Dyer partnership down the left again as well. Got some pace and skill going on when combined. Cardiff don't have much pacy and skilful individuals themselves compared to us. Whereas they're more of a team-playing squad compared to us lot.

I can see Pearson's thinking.

We needed a bit if experience and bite in the middle, Wellens is the best we have in that regard.

Marshall and Kane were poor on Saturday so I'm not surprised to see them dropped.

Nugent is effective cutting in from the left, but Dyer isn't as effective cutting in from the right, so I'm not sure quite how it's going to set up.

Surprised Knocky isn't starting, I would have thought this is the sort of match he'd thrive in.

Absolute and utter joke in all honesty, shows how limited our options are when we have to call on Wellens.

People on Twitter say give him a chance...to that I say fook off.

However for the first time in a while, apart from Vardy I'm really liking our bench.

Wellens selection is a joke though, 4-3-3, which will more than likely turn 4-5-1.

Bring on a 3-0 loss.

I predicted he would play Wellens.. Pearson is so transparent.

Playing Wellens tonight is a sign of a desperate man.. Out goes the 'developing the young squad', in comes a reliance of a player Nige has trusted for years.

I assume Wellens is the 'midfield steel' we've been talking about.

This could end in tears. With any luck, Richie will have the game of his life... He'll need to.

Archived