Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ali Campbell

Jeffrey Shlupp - Crystal Palace

The reality is that under the new FFP and us having to generate our own income, every player has  a price.

Added to the fact that for reasons only Nigel knows, he isn't a first team regular ( yet) and so i'd be surprised that if Palace come knocking with 3m, we would turn it down. I guess it all depends on how much Pearson plans to use him this season, not how good he is. I do sense a bit of a Max Gradel scenario with him though ....

He did well when he was at Brentford (league 1) I know. I don't think 4m though, palace r broke and would not want them to spend that sort of money. Nugent did score 16 goals but I went to a few Leicester games last season and Shlupp never got the chance through the middle. Is he a good left back, don't see it?

He did well when he was at Brentford (league 1) I know. I don't think 4m though, palace r broke and would not want them to spend that sort of money. Nugent did score 16 goals but I went to a few Leicester games last season and Shlupp never got the chance through the middle. Is he a good left back, don't see it?

He could be very good at either position but he would need focusing on it and trained up in that position alone... Versatility is one thing and being able to fill in is great but he needs to focus on one position IMO to really excel in it...

Are we assuming that ManUre are no longer interested?

Moyes probably has a few of his own ideas lined up....

Sorry, nonsense.

He had a very weak 2013 but he certainly isn't 'gash' at all. He'd walk into most sides in this league.

I agree Nugent isn`t gash, but after a good first half of the season, he was more than a little disappointing in the second half of the season, which mirrored the season before.

Until he manages to play consistently well for a whole season, instead of just a half a season, he will always struggle to be a 20 goal a season striker, and he will always have his critics.

Sheff U can jog on.

Sheff U have no chance of getting Schluppmeister.

Palace may as they are now a prem club, however you would have to spend big wonga to get him £4m+

The OP said 'looking at', not 'looking to buy.' It's not beyond the realms of possibility he could move there on loan.

Personally I think a season at L1 level up top would do him the world of good.

Schlupp better than Nugent haaaahashhjashhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schlupp better than Konchesky hahahahaaaaaaaaaashjjsajhahahhhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! 

Always seems to me that Schlupp needs three or four chances to score.

As I said on the previous page, a loan to a League One club (especially a high-end club) wouldn't be too bad for everyone involved. Just look how his ability enhance after his time at Brentford.

The OP said 'looking at', not 'looking to buy.' It's not beyond the realms of possibility he could move there on loan.

Personally I think a season at L1 level up top would do him the world of good.

He equally didn't say "looking at a loan deal", captain pedantic! :)

Guest MattP

No point on sending him on loan now.

I wouldn't be against selling him if the right price came in, I'd rather we did that to help with FFP that offloaded a consistent first teamer like Kasper or King.

He's very raw and their is no guarantee at all he'll turn into a top level player. He isn't a left back by any means and I don't see his finishing ever being consistent enough to be a striker.

He could be a real quandry.

Palarse are broke. **** my if a team who just banked 10 mill up front with nearly double that to come from flogging one player plus the 120mill for promotion and 4 years of income even if they come down. Can't afford schlupp. Then we are all ****ed.

Still raw, but next season could easily be LCFC 1st-choice left back, left wing back or wide left midfielder, depending on formation. If so, I'd expect the odd gaffe in reading the game, positional awareness and so on, as he's not just young but very inexperienced in that position. If money is tight, though, it sounds like a good experiment - better spend any money on other positions (centre-back, central midfielder, striker).

As a striker, though, at this stage he's no better than bench material for a Championship club hoping to challenge for promotion.

The idea that he's a better striker than Nugent is laughable.

The idea that he could make a meaningful contribution in the Prem as a striker is also laughable.

I hope he stays at LCFC and plays more next season, preferably as a left back. He'll make mistakes and sometimes his pace won't be enough to allow him to recover....but he shows real promise, comfortable on the ball, links well with midfield and would score a goal or two.

Archived