Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Leeds United (h) Post-Match Thread 0-0

The hour we played with 5-3-2 was easily one of the most insipid and ambitionless performances I've seen in recent years. To be Frank it was absolutely pathetic.

Switched to 4-4-2 and instantly looked like a much better team.

We'd have beaten Leeds today if it wasn't for the crap tactics.

Better when Knocky and Dyer came on thats for sure.  We were the much better side towards the end.  His starting line up doesnt work however.  We had to claw it back V Boro and we only looked remotely decent when he changed it and Dyer and Knocky came on

Our lack of cutting edge is worrying. Why did we only play in the final 15 minutes? Wood and Knocky should have come on earlier, we need better quality but cannot afford it? If we are to have any hope whatsoever of finishing in the top 6 we need to be putting away what is frankly a medicore and unimpressive Leeds United team. I fear for us when we have to play Watford or Wigan.

Fúcking criminal that we didn't win that. They were woeful, there's no escaping that, we should've won. If Knockaert had started we win, that simple. "His head's not in the right place BLAH BLAH fúcking BLAH", don't give a shit, he's our best attacking player by miles, and he proved it again today. In  half an hour he played we had 4 or 5 chances and looked a threat, in an hour without him we didn't manage a shot. 

3-5-2 was a fun experiment but clearly we don't have a clue how to use it, if we're gonna play it like that switch back to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 immediately. With Knockaert at the heart of it. 

Anticipate much moaning but some positives there. I think 3-5-2 has potential but it does mean we have our most creative players on the bench.

Whitbread worries me with his lack of pace and what I suspect/hope is rustiness.

Moore looks quality to me. Dyer a great impact player. 

We could've nicked that 1-0 at the end and we'd all be chuffed but knowing this place it'll be depression central for a week now. 

Pitiful from Pearson. He should have seen we needed changes after 15 minutes and at least made them at half time.

But no, he waits as long as he possibly can. Why is he so passive? The substitutins were too little, too late. I'm very annoyed with Nigel today.

The 3 players who did come on looked like they might have been dangerous. Dyer and Knockers didn't do anything special, they're just different, more positive players. But we'll never know what might have happened if he had brought them on at HT.

The tempo, urgency and quality were completely lacking. Much like the back end of last season, often it looked like they didn't care.

The middle 3 were atrocious and extremely negative, (Drinkwater as usual was especially negative) King was just poor in almost everything he did and I didn't know James on the pitch. Nugent looked well off the pace.

Great advert for Championship football that.

Turgid.

Poor quality.

Hoof.

In terms of tactical nouse, McDermott 1 Pearson 0.

Positives...

Encouraging to see us attacking with urgency with 5 minutes to go.  Ok, perhaps I'm clutching at straws.  lol

Negatives...

I haven't got the time or the will to list them all.  Just sort it out.

Disappointing result. Another Jekyll and Hyde performance. Knockaert was a mix of his magical best and frustrating worst. Very happy with Moore's performance.

We looked quite slick when we went back to 4-4-2. Surely this has to be the formation of choice in home games.

Archived