Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Leeds United (h) Post-Match Thread 0-0

Not a bad point when we have to play against boring midtable nothing clubs who set up for a point.

With this formation and tactics we are that boring club, come on when you see the football we played up until October last season, which was very fluid and allowed players like Knockaert to do their stuff, this football is negative and boring...

Dreadful entertainment, but we didn't lose. We came closest to a winner, but we weren't sharp enough. Show some patience. I realise asking for that is like pissing in the wind...

what are you talking about. this is my response to watching that  dreadful game, not a prediction for the whole season. you don't need to be patronising and tell  me to be patient. i'll judge each game as it comes. that one was awful, end of story.

It wasn't great by all accounts, first half we looked terrible fortunatly so did Leeds, second half was the same until Knockeart was introduced and we looked much better going forward and the link up play between Knockeart and the rest of the team was 10x better, has to start next match.

I think we have to play someone like Knockeart or Marshall in that role instead of Drinkwater or King at home games even away at times.

Way to many long, hopeful balls that just lost us possession 9 times out of 10, Kasper should really be told to play the ball along the floor it really isn't that hard and we could then build from the back instead of just giving the opposition the ball back immediately.

Knockesky isn't really suited to the LWB role at home either away yes but not a home.

All in all not great, but we take a point and a clean sheet into the next game and look to build.

Why are people saying we switched to 4-4-2? All we did was put Moore to RWB, Dyer LWB & a back 3 of Morgan, Whitbread and Konchesky

Disappointing performance offensively with no real spark. The two teams last year who switched to 3-5-2 both also had slow starts (not that this is) so it can take time for us to adapt and I hope these are just teething problems that we can iron out because there is potential with this system and the players we have.

Defensively looked solid enough and Kasper seems to have a better command of his area now and choosing his moments to come and catch better

Why? What are you expecting other than "I know what I am doing and the rest of you don't understand professional football...Leave it to me !!"  

Well his last couple of interviews have been quite open and informative .......

But to be fair ...... he was back to his old self and exactly as you describe!!!!

It wasn't great by all accounts, first half we looked terrible fortunatly so did Leeds, second half was the same until Knockeart was introduced and we looked much better going forward and the link up play between Knockeart and the rest of the team was 10x better, has to start next match.

I think we have to play someone like Knockeart or Marshall in that role instead of Drinkwater or King at home games even away at times.

Way to many long, hopeful balls that just lost us possession 9 times out of 10, Kasper should really be told to play the ball along the floor it really isn't that hard and we could then build from the back instead of just giving the opposition the ball back immediately.

Knockesky isn't really suited to the LWB role at home either away yes but not a home.

I like Pearson and we will get top six, but why he doesn't allow a player like Knockaert to play the playmaker role and drift around behind the forwards I don't know. His rigid system doesn't benefit us

I feel sorry for those that paid today. Average game both teams cancelled each other out.

P:ositives: we looked good in patches and we idn;t concede,

To make things worse I saw it in the Loaded Dog, there was no bitter on (had Carling) and the cider I had with my burger was warm.

At least I got back in one piece.

Just on the way back. We weren't great at all, but neither were Leeds. The delivery to the forwards was pretty poor and the ball into the box wasn't great. However I would have taken 4 points from the two games at Middlesbrough and against Leeds.

Also since when could Moore launch throw ins?

To me it seems pretty clear that this is a formation for away games - if we'd been at Elland Road then we'd have probably been pretty pleased with that. Personally I'd stick with 442 at home because there were times when we cut teams to shreds playing that way at the KP last season. Don't think we should abandon 352 we just need to be smarter about when we employ it.

I feel sorry for those that paid today. Average game both teams cancelled each other out.

P:ositives: we looked good in patches and we idn;t concede,

To make things worse I saw it in the Loaded Dog, there was no bitter on (had Carling) and the cider I had with my burger was warm.

At least I got back in one piece.

I'm starting to agree with the Hull fans, they said Pearson is boring, I have no idea why he has changed the team to such boring tactics when we were the best football side up until October last season.

Starting line up was far too defensive. Konchesky cannot play left wing back as hes too slow and his crossing his crap. Whitbread looked a mess at LCB, his positioning, heading, control, passing, hair do were all abysmal. Forwards had no service no cant really blame them. Midfielders were awful as well, all seemed to close to each other.

We werent able to pass the ball and had to resort to hoof it to vardy. 3-5-2 seemed more like 5-3-2 if anything.

We could lose Knockaert because he is too creative for a Pearson side!

He played 42 games last season genius.

He was also absolutely diabolical in the game v Monaco and deserved a kick up the arse IMHO and I'm a big fan of his.

Im sure he'll be back in the starting line-up sooner rather than later.

So frustrating. I saw the same in the week vs a League Two outfit. Absolutely clueless and zero creativity when you play 5 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and 2 strikers who aren't getting any service. The aimless long balls to Vardy and Nugent who aren't that strong in the air and no counter attacking play that is usually formed from a wingback system.

Low and behold Knockaert comes on and suddenly we start to play football. Gone are the hoofs at every opportunity and there's more space for our players to run in to and receive passes. We create openings and even had a couple of shots. Nigel nearly had a nose bleed.

Knockaert is inconsistent but the last two games if it wasn't for him we'd have gone the whole game without a meaningful attack or chance.

Nugent's finishing was abysmal today. Trying to shoot when the defender has clearly got it blocked all day long, when there's players free drives me nuts. He then gets some space from a delightful ball from Tony and he shanks it wide.

Wood was unlucky not to snatch it for us but ultimately we didn't threaten enough.

Steady at the back and unbeaten so it's a platform but please look to start games with at least one player who can pass forwards and one striker who can shoot on sight.

Thanks

Archived