Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Leeds United (h) Post-Match Thread 0-0

I'm not sure we did change to a 4-4-2. When we switched Moore to RWB he found himself pegged back pretty much permanently, while Dyer was naturally more advanced on the left. I also wondered whether it was a 4-4-2 for a moment, until I realised that our three CMs, Knockaert included, were still packed into the centre. At the end Pearson seemed to suggest it was still a 3-5-2, though the fact that nobody (including the TV commentators) is sure makes you wonder whether the players were too clear on it either.

However I can't agree with you on Knockaert. His through-ball to Nugent created our best chance of the game and his willingness to play on the front foot turned the game in our favour. Even if he did fall over once and throw a wobbly. But I'm with you on his more general attitude. He needs to brighten up, cut short his squabbles with Nigel and get on with things. He's not done well enough at this level to be rescued by a top flight club if it all goes wrong and still has a long way to go to prove himself.

I think it's the combination of not getting the points we were after and putting in such a dreadful performance that bothers people.

He wasn't the worst, no, but he did not play well at all. And most of his forward passing smacked of desperation and ended up with the opposition. I'm not a big critic of Drinkwater's but he was part of a very poor midfield yesterday. Of those three he was the one who wanted the ball most and took responsibility - I credit him for that - but in truth he did very little with it. But no, not as bad as King who actually had three great opportunities to deliver a ball to our forwards and couldn't beat the first man on any of them.

But after all that, we're undefeated after 2 games and can take a number of positives from yesterday.

If we're still playing like this in 8/9 games then more cause for concern but not yet

But after all that, we're undefeated after 2 games and can take a number of positives from yesterday.

If we're still playing like this in 8/9 games then more cause for concern but not yet

Even if we win the league there'll be games this season that are worse than that, but all the same it's worth debating what went wrong (or not quite right, depending on how you look at it).

Yes we are still adapting, but we have the advantage of 11 players who had all of last season to gel. Pearson can't afford to give away time to 'bedding in', we need to use that advantage over, say, some of the recently relegated teams to get off to a flier. Gradual improvement will not get us automatic promotion.

That said, 4 points from 6 - not too much damage done yet, eh?

Even if we win the league there'll be games this season that are worse than that, but all the same it's worth debating what went wrong (or not quite right, depending on how you look at it).

Yes we are still adapting, but we have the advantage of 11 players who had all of last season to gel. Pearson can't afford to give away time to 'bedding in', we need to use that advantage over, say, some of the recently relegated teams to get off to a flier. Gradual improvement will not get us automatic promotion.

That said, 4 points from 6 - not too much damage done yet, eh?

Fair points yes but lets see how we do going forwards.

3 games now before the international break so that would be a good time to get an early assessment

I say again, for me it's not really the result. A point is a point and we did hit the post after piling on late pressure. I have no qualms with that.

It's more the football we are watching.

Fair play, a new formation takes time. But that game yesterday was DULL. I want to be inspired again by a City side. To leave the ground buzzing, thinking 'fookin brilliant game that' and talking about it afterwards.

Maybe it's an age thing, but I can recollect having that feeling quite a bit after games at Filbert St.

I think the last time I felt that was maybe the 6-1 drubbing of Ipswich last season (although that was a completely one-sided affair).

That's what I attend football for and seem to be feeling that less and less under Nige's stewardship this time round. Result aside, yesterday's game genuinely left me feeling 'that really weren't worth the effort'.

I hope to see some exciting games and some good football played this season. Fingers crossed I will.

Anyone who says they aren't happy with 4 points from the two opening games are lying. I think some people just enjoy picking faults and being negative...

I'm not happy. 4 points is a steady start but it's the manner in which they've been achieved. I'm looking at the team selection and the performances. Absolutely horrific and it was even worse in the week vs a League Two outfit. I do not buy in to 'results is all that matters' long gone are the days of teams playing turgid football and succeeding like they did in the late 80's and early 90's. It doesn't work, it's just an excuse for not facing up to reality of a dog muck manager, system and players. An example please see England.

If Nigel doesn't start to introduce some creativity in to the team then we'll struggle massively and it won't matter then, the knives will be out and that'll be that.

I'm not happy. 4 points is a steady start but it's the manner in which they've been achieved. I'm looking at the team selection and the performances. Absolutely horrific and it was even worse in the week vs a League Two outfit. I do not buy in to 'results is all that matters' long gone are the days of teams playing turgid football and succeeding like they did in the late 80's and early 90's. It doesn't work, it's just an excuse for not facing up to reality of a dog muck manager, system and players. An example please see England.

If Nigel doesn't start to introduce some creativity in to the team then we'll struggle massively and it won't matter then, the knives will be out and that'll be that.

Lets hope things improve then lol

I say again, for me it's not really the result. A point is a point and we did hit the post after piling on late pressure. I have no qualms with that.

It's more the football we are watching.

Fair play, a new formation takes time. But that game yesterday was DULL. I want to be inspired again by a City side. To leave the ground buzzing, thinking 'fookin brilliant game that' and talking about it afterwards.

Maybe it's an age thing, but I can recollect having that feeling quite a bit after games at Filbert St.

I think the last time I felt that was maybe the 6-1 drubbing of Ipswich last season (although that was a completely one-sided affair).

That's what I attend football for and seem to be feeling that less and less under Nige's stewardship this time round. Result aside, yesterday's game genuinely left me feeling 'that really weren't worth the effort'.

I hope to see some exciting games and some good football played this season. Fingers crossed I will.

I'm just praying he's trying to keep it tight whilst the majority adapt to the system, because I can't be arsed with a 8-0-2 formation.

Ok you two brace your self ........

I actually agree entirely with these two posts .... Yesterday was laboured dull football. I can't see how anyone enjoyed that game from the players to the crowd. 

Yes, it's very pragmatic to keep things tight first and then build on the creativity when you've established a solid start - to both the season and the game ..... But if we carry on like that (i think 8-0-2 formation summed it up perfectly) then we may go up - but i can't see many people noticing because they'll all be painting the fence instead.

"City have been promoted dear, that nice man Ian on the radio is just talking to Nigel!"

"Really? Do you think that panel needs another coat??"

Please please please big Nigey .... learn quickly this time around and provide us with some entertainment .... then we can all be jolly and sing .... and look forward to the next game!!!

Post Match NP said automatic promotion was the aim give over not a chance if we don't sign a playmaker.

We have playmakers, James, Marshall and Knockaert can all fulfill this role, we just need to work them into the formation. This is Pearson's challenge for the first few games.

We have playmakers, James, Marshall and Knockaert can all fulfill this role, we just need to work them into the formation. This is Pearson's challenge for the first few games.

There lies the problem, we have creative players, but they are not getting played, hence the reason we see negative bore fest, for me the man is so scared of losing and is set up to be solid with little in the way of creative players.

The man has stated the players need to be brave this season, I think he needs to follow suit, be brave with the selection and put some creativity in their, especially at home, I could understand that side away, hoping to pinch a point, but to be that negative at home, I can't get my head round.

I am convinced if knockeart had started we would have broke down their defence, because before he came on everything was tippy tappy with no penetration.

I would take drinkwater out and play knockeart or Marshall, as drinkwater slows it down to much.

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but that other Leeds thread got closed and to all the Leicester lads calling us hooligans and the rest because of that smoke bomb - and also accusing us to be much worse than other clubs because of it please view this;

It had to be posted.

Best of luck for the season fellas!!!

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but that other Leeds thread got closed and to all the Leicester lads calling us hooligans and the rest because of that smoke bomb - and also accusing us to be much worse than other clubs because of it please view this;

It had to be posted.

If you're gonna try and act clever, at least make sure you know the whole ins and outs of that day. Where you there? I very much doubt it, because if you were you'd know that smoke bomb was thrown into our end first.

I seen it with my very own eyes.

It had to be posted.

Smoke bomb came from the Wednesday end 1st dopey!!

Try again!

It had to be posted.

All that shows is that 2 yorkshire clubs back there club more vocally than we do. That part i envy.

But do you have to act like such arseholes at the same time?

Archived