Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Leeds United (h) Post-Match Thread 0-0

Leeds came for a 0-0 - they got it. I think we were right to keep it tight first halft but should have gone for it after the break, not after 75+ mins.

Disappointing but not disastrous.

PS Thought Drinky looked more like his old self.

True, but it wasn't there fault that most balls were long balls. 

These things can be fixed, I think we will be solid at the back this year.

Why not?

no matter how solid at the back we are playing like that against watford, qpr and wigan etc we will get stuffed

sometimes other teams just play quite well, bottom line. yes Leeds aren't world beaters, but they chased, hassled and closed down well leaving very little time to create anything for the strikers. we weren't great but we weren't horrendous. overreaction central as always on the bipolar board!

Leeds had a job to do and they did it.

The midfield was very poor today, they were hardly creative and struggled to string two passes together. Knockaert helped a bit but was hardly a game changer, when he fell over lol. The defense was solid and Moore was very good, but when you have three big centre halves you expect them to deal with crosses and long balls. The midfield in the final third is slightly worrying, however, there were a lot of second balls and they didn't pick up any of them.

No need to go overboard, like many no doubt will do.

Today, Leeds did a job & got what they came for.

James & King need to take a look themselves, their inability to turn in even a crap performance saw us over-ran in the middle... were they even there? this meant balls to forwards were longer & as a result Leeds just lapped them up & we never got going

Defensively we were OK, but Whitbread is a bombscare, his hoofs from the back means a loss of possession and another opposition attack is incoming... and defensively he's giving far too many fouls away from a poor starting position.

In the end we could have won had Wood's shot gone in & despite playing poorly thanks to the opposition doing their job well we got a point... last season when we played poorly teams like Leeds & Sheff Wed etc took 3pts off us

Is this the only positive comment in this thread so far? **** me, if our supporters are going to be this miserable two games in, of which we've won two and drawn one, it's going to be a turgid next 9 months on here...

i've just watched a terrible game, what would you like me to say.

both sides awful.

lloyd dyers airkick the only entetainment on show.

moore was excellent (there's a positive).

we looked a different team going forward with knocky on, no surprise there.

after 5 mins, leeds had worked out there was acres of space on both flanks behind the wingbacks and played diagonal balls over the central  3 defenders, but they  lacked the nous to make it pay.

whitbread lucky not to get a peno called against him.

Comments like this annoy me quite a lot, not gonna lie. Not a dig at you shen, but people are obviously gonna be annoyed at that? Did you just watch what everyone else in this thread watched? Cos if you did and aren't in a negative, quite confused and annoyed mood then fair enough, but I suspect most people will be. 

Likewise do the overly negative comments annoy me, and not a dig at you either. We've only just started the season, result-wise it's been good, despite us playing a different formation. Watching the game was frustrating, but you've watched enough football in your life so far to know there's going to be a few duffers over a season. The quality in the final third was poor until Knocky, Dyer and Wood gave us much-needed pace, but defensively we were untroubled and result-wise this wasn't a disaster.

no matter how solid at the back we are playing like that against watford, qpr and wigan etc we will get stuffed

Don't agree, Leeds will be strong this year.  The manager is top clas and will get the best out of the team.

A few adjustments to how we play attacking wise then that would be a different game all together.  

If we play long balls then put wood on from the start 

No need to go overboard, like many no doubt will do.

Today, Leeds did a job & got what they came for.

James & King need to take a look themselves, their inability to turn in even a crap performance saw us over-ran in the middle... were they even there? this meant balls to forwards were longer & as a result Leeds just lapped them up & we never got going

Defensively we were OK, but Whitbread is a bombscare, his hoofs from the back means a loss of possession and another opposition attack is incoming... and defensively he's giving far too many fouls away from a poor starting position.

In the end we could have won had Wood's shot gone in & despite playing poorly thanks to the opposition doing their job well we got a point... last season when we played poorly teams like Leeds & Sheff Wed etc took 3pts off us

Exactly, Whitbread to be fair played better second half.  Just needs to control the hoofing, but iike i mentioned Schmeichal was much worse.  

Vardy and Nugent didn't have a chance.  Drinkwater was pretty solid though, maybe the threat of being sold has bucked his ideas up.

I agree with everyone that Dyer, Knocky and Wood coming on changed the game.

We need to be more dominate and forward thinking at home in the future.

Leeds are always tough, so one point is OK. I do feel we didn't do enough to try to win.

Knocky does need to learn to pass though :)

i've just watched a terrible game, what would you like me to say.

both sides awful.

lloyd dyers airkick the only entetainment on show.

moore was excellent (there's a positive).

we looked a different team going forward with knocky on, no surprise there.

after 5 mins, leeds had worked out there was acres of space on both flanks behind the wingbacks and played diagonal balls over the central  3 defenders, but they  lacked the nous to make it play.

Dreadful entertainment, but we didn't lose. We came closest to a winner, but we weren't sharp enough. Show some patience. I realise asking for that is like pissing in the wind...

Archived