Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Savage: clown or refreshingly honest?

144 members have voted

1. 1. Savage: Legend or Clown?

• Legend
    • Clown

In some ways you can't fault him! He's being honest about what he and surely many other professional footballers have done!

I don't agree with it at all and think it shows a massive disrespect to the fans BUT i'd guess this happens every year and at every club! 

Leicester legend? Don't be soft!!!

Feigning injury is probably the most popular way of letting a club know you aren't happy. I've seen quite a few mystery injuries in my time. Some players could be sidelined with a twisted sock if they wanted to. It used to be so easy to fake an injury, but that has changed now.

Anyone else read that and think: Hammond (ankle)

I'm a big Robbie Savage fan. What would we do for a committed player like him in our midfield right now? People forget he was a very good player for us, he was underrated. I couldn't believe how much our fans booed him when he came back with Birmingham (he was the best player on the pitch that day). He's a good pundit too, can go a bit ott but it's refreshing thae he has opinions.

Got to say I'm a bit disappointed in this article. I know a certain Mr Beckford played almost every trick Savage mentions trying to get a move away from here. How many other players do it?

Example just look at Luis Suarez and he's pretty much checked off every single point on Sav's list. End of the day players don't want to be at a club, move them on it's not worth the hassle it causes round the entire club set up. Liverpool will learn that the hard way. Brendan Rodgers seems to think that he can get Suarez to apologise to the club and fans and then he will settle back into the squad and give it his all for the club, when in reality every other team in Europe would love to have Suarez in their team and he's got a better chance of breeding a flying pig. 

I loved him at Leicester, but felt he never recovered from the day someone told him he was actually a good footballer. O'Neill once said of him "He's got everything except for talent", and when the likes of Taylor began encouraging him to do less running around and more 'playing' I felt he became less effective.

As for his character, well I seem to recall whisperings that certain players didn't like him. There was the incident in which he got extremely emotional because Wise bought him a barbie doll impaled on a dildo, or something like that, in the Secret Santa. But then again, that was Wise.

I lost respect for him on two separate occasions. First when we played Birmingham in the Adams years. Savage got a great reception then spent the whole game hurling himself over and desperately trying to get our players booked. I think we had two sent off that day and he was at the heart of both of them, remonstrating with the ref. He got booed off the pitch. Then, years later, he took stick from our fans while playing for Derby and complained that we had 'short memories'. Hmm.

This is absolutel spot on.

I also remember that he got upset when we booed him at Brighton, saying it was the lowest point of his career, well Robbie it was our lowest point as well.

I loved him at Leicester, but felt he never recovered from the day someone told him he was actually a good footballer. O'Neill once said of him "He's got everything except for talent", and when the likes of Taylor began encouraging him to do less running around and more 'playing' I felt he became less effective.

As for his character, well I seem to recall whisperings that certain players didn't like him. There was the incident in which he got extremely emotional because Wise bought him a barbie doll impaled on a dildo, or something like that, in the Secret Santa. But then again, that was Wise.

I lost respect for him on two separate occasions. First when we played Birmingham in the Adams years. Savage got a great reception then spent the whole game hurling himself over and desperately trying to get our players booked. I think we had two sent off that day and he was at the heart of both of them, remonstrating with the ref. He got booed off the pitch. Then, years later, he took stick from our fans while playing for Derby and complained that we had 'short memories'. Hmm.

He kissed the Birmingham City badge in front of us if I remember correctly and that's what did it for me. Ungrateful twat. 

I'm a big Robbie Savage fan. What would we do for a committed player like him in our midfield right now? People forget he was a very good player for us, he was underrated. I couldn't believe how much our fans booed him when he came back with Birmingham (he was the best player on the pitch that day). He's a good pundit too, can go a bit ott but it's refreshing thae he has opinions.

He wasn't booed from the start, it all changed when he got involved in Matt Elliott's sending off. Up until then his reception was fine.

We supported him when he played for us, defended his antics when other fans slagged him off for it, even tolerated his appalling last season with us and wished him well for his move away.

Yet he comes out and says Derby fans are a different class to us.

Guest MattP

He wasn't booed from the start, it all changed when he got involved in Matt Elliott's sending off. Up until then his reception was fine.

We supported him when he played for us, defended his antics when other fans slagged him off for it, even tolerated his appalling last season with us and wished him well for his move away.

Forgot about that, another Savage classic.

Remember when we had players with personality and energy to spare, when the manager for the absolute best out of the players in his team - Savage was like Speedie for me - couldn't stand him out of the club, brilliant while at the club.

He is brutally honest and I still like him - can't stand that non celebrating thing players do when they score against their old club - you've moved, get over it - it's what they do for us when playing that counts and he was pretty good

He was booed from the start. I remember it clearly

Just read this off of BBC Sport, it's a column by Savage explaining how players can engineer a transfer move. He talks about methods and tactics he used to try and force a move. I was trying to think if any of them may have related to his time at Leicester, however I remember very little about his final time with us. Anyway it's an interesting read, slightly unsurprising from a man like himself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23703265

I can understand him wanting to engineer a move away from a side managed by Taylor. I would be surprised if he tried any of this when O'Neill was manager because it was his most successful time as a player

I can understand him wanting to engineer a move away from a side managed by Taylor. I would be surprised if he tried any of this when O'Neill was manager because it was his most successful time as a player

I think it must have been the time he left Birmingham for Blackburn. there was a lot of publicity about it at the time.

legend my shaved bean bag! he had a chance to be a leicester legend if he had left us with good grace but no instead he was whinging about some money he was owed by us,kissing badges playing against us! compare that to a proper legend how muzzy izzet behaved at and after the time of leaving us! savage whether he admits it or not had his best footballing days at Leicester and he cant acknowledge that now cause he behaved like a proper bellend towards us! long haired beaky clown. 

I think it must have been the time he left Birmingham for Blackburn. there was a lot of publicity about it at the time.

He liked Taylor, gave him freedom to try and play football.

O'Neill got the best out of him because he wasn't required to create, dictate play etc.

Archived