Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bluesbrothers

Huddersfield Post-Match Thread

Got to say an usual game of football, we've walked away with all three points but for some reason I don't feel overall excited, i'm pleased yes but not ecstatic. It was one of those typical Nigel Pearson wins, nothing spectacular just get the job done. To be honest this game could have easily finished a draw both teams had a fair share of chances and both defenses looked pretty weak. We won yes! but OMG how many chances did we miss?

Bit concerned about our defending, it really looked poor today. Wes didn't look fit, the polish lad looked clumsy and at times a little CLUELESS, Moore didn't have the best of games today and to finish it off Konchesky made a few errors including an own goal. Apart from that we won! Youngee said he thinks St Ledger will go out on loan, after that i'd rather keep Sean.

On idea for the polish lad is maybe look to play him in the centre midfield instead.

No clean sheet's in seven! :unsure: of course no blame on Kasper.

what!? lol

Got to say an usual game of football, we've walked away with all three points but for some reason I don't feel overall excited, i'm pleased yes but not ecstatic. It was one of those typical Nigel Pearson wins, nothing spectacular just get the job done. To be honest this game could have easily finished a draw both teams had a fair share of chances and both defenses looked pretty weak. We won yes! but OMG how many chances did we miss? 

Bit concerned about our defending, it really looked poor today. Wes didn't look fit, the polish lad looked clumsy and at times a little CLUELESS, Moore didn't have the best of games today and to finish it off Konchesky made a few errors including an own goal. Apart from that we won! Youngee said he thinks St Ledger will go out on loan, after that i'd rather keep Sean.

On idea for the polish lad is maybe look to play him in the centre midfield instead.

No clean sheet's in seven! :unsure: of course no blame on Kasper. 

MOTM today- Kasper

kanye-smh-no.gif

Thought we were crap to average. All their good play came from awful mistakes like Knockaert giving the ball away or the pole diving in when it wasn't needed. Oh and the ref was a pile of shit, even though we won... Matt!!!!!!!

Adios.

Sky Sports were raving about Holmes the other week, any good?

Better than Messi.

MOTM today- Kasper

How much weed you had tonight Leicesterpool?

Surprised we didn't go down to 10 with the Marcin incident. Looked a clear foul, possibly an elbow. Referee did us a favour there.

Luck has been on our side at home this season, which is nice as the past couple of seasons the referee has always seemed to favour the away team.

You didn't notice then, that throughout the game Vaughan was persistently fouling the CB marking him when going up for headers.  His trick was to wait for our CB to jump and then elbow him in the back without making any attempt to go for the ball.  With any decent ref he would have already been sent off, 2 yellow cards for persistent fouling.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today. Thought we played well, but of course we concede a sloppy goal to make us go through it 'the Leicester way', which is becoming a bit of a trend now!

Both our centre backs were a shambles for their goal, Marcin racing up to his man, sliding and just missing. Morgan just standing in front of his man and closing down, twisting and turning to eventually falling over and allowing them to get the shot away and slot in. Not good from the experienced defenders at all, but think they both had a decent game apart from this goal.

Kasper had an amazing game I thought, as good as i've ever seen him with some of the saves he pulled off today, truly inspirational stuff to keep us in the game. 

Think the ref was on the wind up again today. That Vardy "foul" towards the end of the game made my blood boil, was so obvious a foul the other way, even the linesman (who was closer than the ref) gave us the free kick, but the ref gives it them. Woeful officiating. Did well to send off Vaughn though as i'm not sure if he saw the push or not, but well done on Marcin for getting the red card.

Very happy with how it's going so far and I don't know who can't be!

Also their number 5, jesus christ. What a cvnt.

MOTM today- Kasper

Are you all there?

I enjoyed the game. And to be honest that's all I ever want to do down city. Yes I know we are still not killing teams off but we are not conceding in the last minute either. Yes Nuge isn't looking his best at the moment but I do hope it's just a temporary thing. Konch on the other hand has not played well for a very long time and is proving a real weak link in the side. But he is the only one at the moment and its a long time since we could say we've got only one weak link in the chain. So I'm optimistic I genuinely think we are going to do it.

Altogether:

This is the season for leicester

This is the big one for us

We're playing great In front of every gate

And we're not gonna stop till we get right to the top where we belong...

What was the name of that lad who came on for Huddersfield, the one that looked like a mini-me version of Neil Danns?

Number 7 (the one who looked like Danns) was Sean Scannell. Duane Holmes was number 38.

One of the most pleasing aspects of today for me was the way we were clever with 20 minutes to go in terms of seeing it out. Kasper took his time over all of his kicks and we didn't rush anything. We've had plenty of teams come to us and do the same in trying to go home with a point so it was nice to see us be sensible about running the clock down. I have no doubt that Hammond will have been an influence in that aspect.

Archived