Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bluesbrothers

Huddersfield Post-Match Thread

Superb game today. End to end stuff.

I thought Wes and King look knackered today and not their usual selves.

And it if wasn't for Kasper they might have won to be fair.

All-in-all a GREAT start to the league. This is a massively tough league to play in and to get out of. To be where we are now is just fine.

Again, we need to cement this exemplary home form with not losing away. As I said at the start of the season, win at home, not lose many away, will see us right.

Played well!

Not amazing, but not bad, we've played alot worse this season!

Impressed with Wasyl.

Drinkwater had a good game today, infact he had a very good game today, deserved a goal - and as people know i'm not a Drinkwater fan at all.

Another good game by Vardy, glad to see him back to his good form after a dip in form in the past few games.

Also good to see Kasper back making some world class saves today - I slagged him off (And rightly so after his fuck up's at Blackpool and Doncaster) and likewise i'll rightly so praise him - It's not fickle, I have said and always will say he is a great keeper, every player has off days, makes mistakes but I won't sit there and accept such mistakes, silly, amateur mistakes that he made and I will comment on them, on a whole though Kasper is a great keeper and like I said made some world class saves today, well done to him.

Nice to hear people on the radio slagging the referee off after a win!!! Although personally I didn't think he had that much of a bad game, made the odd mistake but nothing to drastic and nothing game changing imo, there's certainly worse referees out there, anyway that's another story.

Played well, keep it up.

Got back a bit ago, but first I washed my hair  :D

Anyway Matt's about spot on with everything.

Really impressed with Marcin, he plays like a proper defender, strong in the air, get's stuck in, looks to play out from the back, so very positive, even though his mistimed sliding tackle cost us the goal. Impressed with Drinkwater also, controlled the midfield from the start, very forward thinking today as well for a change, pinged some great balls out wide as well today. Vardy as well, poor performance from him in our last home game, but today he put in a great shift and scored a very good goal, great strike and finish. 

Kasper though, to the people who slagged him off for one mistake, he pulled off four class saves today, to save us from embarrassment, class performance.

Roll on Ballmouth. 

It was the first game in a long while that was really enjoyable to watch, Huddersfield actually tried to play against us unlike most of the teams we've played recently. This made for a really positive attacking display which could have gone their way had it not been for Schmeichel - who was outstanding today, definitely redeemed himself!

Drinkwater and Vardy were also very impressive with their more positive attacking display, Drinky bossed it like he did in the first half of the last season which hopefully means we continue to create a shed load of chances. Vardy was excellent today bar perhaps where he had to be a bit more disciplined in the closing stages but all in all fantastic game.

We did just about enough to deserve that win, I thought they were a good side and as wasteful at times as we were.

We still don't seem to fluent, and this is another of those games we could have thrown away( especially with the ref), but credit to them we hung in.

Good result, with more positives than negatives, but still areas that are concerns and we don't seem to be improving on.

On the radio, it sounded like Leicester made themselves work a little harder in the 2nd half than perhaps they ought to have.

That said, it was nice to hear so many chances being created--if we keep that up that we'll win in this division.

26 points after 12 games--that's not a bad start, eh?

Think Marcin will add that bit of bite and nastiness we've been missing.

If his surname weren't so bleeding long it would be on the back of the shirt, fair challenge on Vaughan which led to his sending off ;)

Waso and Hammond were exactly what we were missing last season so both welcome additions... 2 hard hitting linchpins.

Good to get the win after the break..positive and negative points to the game,but a win's a win...laughed myself hoarse minutes after Vaughan got sent off when the announcer said.."Can Miss Vaughan please go to the nearest steward"

If any of you reading this is the lad that sits in the Kop behind the goal that says.."come on lads..come on boys" EVERY 20 seconds..PLEEEEEASE STOP.

Did my own little analysis of the game. The BBC states we had 21 shots. I reckon it was 16. They reckon Udders had 15 shots, I think it was 8. Not sure how we can have been so far apart. We had a flurry of 5 in the first 10 minutes of the second half, and then went 23 minutes without an attempt on goal. And I reckon there was less than a minute between Nuge missing his one on one, and Vaughan his at the other end. Makes you realise just how close these games are. Kasper did a fine save near the end from that long distance shot. From my vantage point that was going just inside the post. Both teams good going forward but a little shaky at the back

Did my own little analysis of the game. The BBC states we had 21 shots. I reckon it was 16. They reckon Udders had 15 shots, I think it was 8. Not sure how we can have been so far apart. We had a flurry of 5 in the first 10 minutes of the second half, and then went 23 minutes without an attempt on goal. And I reckon there was less than a minute between Nuge missing his one on one, and Vaughan his at the other end. Makes you realise just how close these games are. Kasper did a fine save near the end from that long distance shot. From my vantage point that was going just inside the post. Both teams good going forward but a little shaky at the back

The LCFC stats on the screens were also equally shoddy at half time. According to them, Huddersfield had 1 shot in the first half, while we had 51% possession and they had 52%! At least they got the scoreline right!

For 65 minutes it was a very good all round performance in a match we had complete control over. But similar to the Blackburn game, all of a sudden it was in the balance and that really shouldn't have been the case. I've got 2 criticisms from the match and sadly one of them is Pearson.

Our lack of ruthlessness in front of goal is a bit worrying and we will pay for it sooner or later. There were 7 or 8 big chances that we didn't take today, whether it be a 4 on 2 situation or a clear goalscoring opportunity. Several players were guilty of a weak shot or a poor decision but Nugent and Dyer were probably the worst culprits.

Good to see Vardy on the scoresheet, he needed that. Once again he caused them problems with his work rate. I thought Koncky was involved a lot in a positive way and King and Drinkwater both had really good games. The defence looked mostly untroubled against a Huddersfield side that didn't turn up.

Take a bow Kasper Schmeichel, unbelievable save in the first half, and not the only good one he made.

So the first 65 minutes were very satisfying - apart from the odd mistake at the back and wastefulness in front of goal. But the thing that wound me up was that as soon as Huddersfield scored, Pearson brought King off and brought Hammond on. Not only was King getting lots of joy in the centre and playing well, but Nigel didn't seem to grasp that the reason we were in danger of not winning the game was because we hadnt scored enough at the other end.

We are not a team who should sit back, it doesn't suit us. When you miss as many chances as we did the other team are always going to get one. We should have been about 5-0 up before surrendering the initiative and giving ourselves an awakward last 20 minutes. Everyone around me knew what was going to happen once the subs were made. We should have kept going and killed the game off.

Vaughan's stupidity was at a time when Huddersfield were starting to get on top.

Got to say an usual game of football, we've walked away with all three points but for some reason I don't feel overall excited, i'm pleased yes but not ecstatic. It was one of those typical Nigel Pearson wins, nothing spectacular just get the job done. To be honest this game could have easily finished a draw both teams had a fair share of chances and both defenses looked pretty weak. We won yes! but OMG how many chances did we miss? 

Bit concerned about our defending, it really looked poor today. Wes didn't look fit, the polish lad looked clumsy and at times a little CLUELESS, Moore didn't have the best of games today and to finish it off Konchesky made a few errors including an own goal. Apart from that we won! Youngee said he thinks St Ledger will go out on loan, after that i'd rather keep Sean.

On idea for the polish lad is maybe look to play him in the centre midfield instead.

No clean sheet's in seven! :unsure: of course no blame on Kasper. 

MOTM today- Kasper

Archived