Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

DeLaet out for 6 weeks

He's easily Naughton quality going forward but I think defensively he's far from perfect - then again I doubt we'll get better and the modern full back seems to emphasise as much on attacking as defending, if not more.

Today's back four will become quite a regular one I think and I wasn't convinced by it today. The amount of chances they created was concerning.

He's easily Naughton quality going forward but I think defensively he's far from perfect - then again I doubt we'll get better and the modern full back seems to emphasise as much on attacking as defending, if not more.

Today's back four will become quite a regular one I think and I wasn't convinced by it today. The amount of chances they created was concerning.

Agree with this though a lot of the problems for our back four stemmed from the ridiculous amount of space they were given in between the halfway line and just outside our own box. What did concern me though was the lack of pace at the heart of our defence. Moore was solid at right back but no more than that and going forward doesn't offer the cutting edge of DeLaet. Without better protection in front of the back four a better quality side with quick mobile players will cause us a lot of problems by moving our central defenders around. Their goal came from a poor mistimed challenge by our centre half who was forced to make that decision because the cover in front was non existent.

I still think St Ledger has a role to play at Leicester city...

He was an unfortunate brand of the Sven era, but his past career form cannot lie, He is a quality CB and an international at that.

If him and nigel can sort their differences, and work with eachother as player/manager should, with the right training if he hits his form again, he would be knocking on the door of moore/wes IMO

I like sledge.

He just has a bad attitude.

As much as i've been backing Moore to go right back more (hey get it) i think he looked a bit sloppy and uncomfortable there. Of course he used to be a right back however he's probably got so used to playing as a centre back he's probably forgotten his role at right back. Didn't Sean St Ledger once play in right back?

Archived